PDA

View Full Version : Latos with 82 fastballs in 109 pitches

malcontent
05-13-2012, 12:33 AM
Who is calling these games? Baker?

We were told when the trade went down that he had FOUR quality pitches. Not just ONE.

Meanwhile, Voltron lowers his ERA to 2.79. Alonso now at .301.

And this trade is going to look a lot worse in the next year or so when Grandal and Boxberger make it to the Show.

Jefferson24
05-13-2012, 01:32 AM

We were told when the trade went down that he had FOUR quality pitches. Not just ONE.

And this trade is going to look a lot worse in the next year or so when Grandal and Boxberger make it to the Show.

This one may be known as "the trade" by the time it's all over.

malcontent
05-13-2012, 01:41 AM
This one may be known as "the trade" by the time it's all over.
I fear so.

big boy
05-13-2012, 04:48 AM

Latos was a slightly above league average pitcher (101 ERA+) last season. They gave up a ton to acquire him. He might need to put up 15 wins a season for five years to validate what they gave up.

The Rage
05-13-2012, 05:16 AM
I could have a era below 3 at Petco. The anti-GAB.

Gizmo
05-13-2012, 01:08 PM
Last I heard he had given up 1ER his last 2 starts. Sure it's 11 innings only, but who wouldn't take <1ER per 9 innings from their starter? He needs to be more proficient so maybe we could get him past the 6th inning, but can't pin last night on him. Our offense needs to find ways to hit with guys on 2nd and 3rd.

Todd Gack
05-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Last I heard he had given up 1ER his last 2 starts. Sure it's 11 innings only, but who wouldn't take <1ER per 9 innings from their starter? He needs to be more proficient so maybe we could get him past the 6th inning, but can't pin last night on him. Our offense needs to find ways to hit with guys on 2nd and 3rd.

His last few starts remind me of Volquez. Lots of walks, lots of K's, few hits, and a few innings.

malcontent
05-13-2012, 04:24 PM
His last few starts remind me of Volquez. Lots of walks, lots of K's, few hits, and a few innings.
And to those that attribute it to his yearly slow start...someone needs to tell him it's mid-May.

He certainly didn't look like he has the stuff or control of a #1 or a #2 last night.

Mr Larkin
05-13-2012, 04:27 PM
He is talented, but he is not a #2 starter yet. He has the potential to be a #1 starter - time will tell.

New York Red
05-13-2012, 04:55 PM
He allowed three hits and one run yesterday, and fans are jumping off bridges. :laugh:

You guys should be complaining about our offense instead.

Todd Gack
05-14-2012, 06:16 PM
He allowed three hits and one run yesterday, and fans are jumping off bridges. :laugh:

You guys should be complaining about our offense instead.

I think the fact that we traded a boat load of our prospects plus a pitcher who's been doing pretty well for the other team has people like me concerned. Sure, I know it's May 14th but I expect #1 starter stuff out of this guy and not the mediocre performances we're getting.

BTW, giving up 3 hits means nothing if you walk 5. You may as well count those as hits too.