PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Travel to New York This Week?

jwmann2
05-19-2012, 01:31 AM
Was considering staying with family this week to check out both Citi Field and Yankee Stadium while the Reds were on the road. Would have been perfect timing and a great reason to travel to see both.
Anyone take this into action?

BluegrassRedleg
05-19-2012, 03:06 AM
Was considering staying with family this week to check out both Citi Field and Yankee Stadium while the Reds were on the road. Would have been perfect timing and a great reason to travel to see both.
Anyone take this into action?

Wanted to, but the timing was bad. Would have been great to see them play at both parks. I've been to Old Yankee Stadium, but not the new Yanks or Mets parks.

bigredmechanism
05-19-2012, 10:56 AM
I'll be at Sunday's game, and have plans to go to Citi next month when we're back.

LaFlamaBlanca
05-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Went to the new Yankee Stadium last season with a buddy. It was terrific. $25 seats sitting in left, but you feel like you're on top of the field. Not to mention all the aura that comes with being the Yankees' stadium. Just a cool setup.

Cant Touch This
05-19-2012, 07:26 PM
I was there Tuesday thru Friday morning and attended both games at Citi Field. The Mets Dynamic Pricing is a great deal. Got good seats in LF for $5 each - normally $20. Stadium is quite beautiful. Queens / Flushing is kind of dumpy, but inside the park is great. Love watching the inbound flights approach LaGuardia all game long Thursday afternoon, too.

Also, I got chummy with an usher who let me sit in the single-row handicap section behind 3rd base. We talked the whole game, too.

I'd recommend attending a game there. Wasn't able to extend my trip to catch a game at Yankee Stadium unfortunately.

bigredmechanism
05-19-2012, 08:35 PM
I was there Tuesday thru Friday morning and attended both games at Citi Field. The Mets Dynamic Pricing is a great deal. Got good seats in LF for $5 each - normally $20. Stadium is quite beautiful. Queens / Flushing is kind of dumpy, but inside the park is great. Love watching the inbound flights approach LaGuardia all game long Thursday afternoon, too.

Also, I got chummy with an usher who let me sit in the single-row handicap section behind 3rd base. We talked the whole game, too.

I'd recommend attending a game there. Wasn't able to extend my trip to catch a game at Yankee Stadium unfortunately.

I think Citi field is nice, too. I've been there only a handful of times but it's such an improvement over Shea it's ridiculous.

jwmann2
05-20-2012, 12:55 AM
Wow. So far, the only ballparks I have seen are Great American and Riverfront. I should really get out of the house more. Find a week later this summer when the Red Sox, Mets, Yankees and Phillies are all at home. Going to try and ride the train in between all of the cities.

bigredmechanism
05-21-2012, 01:01 AM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn178/maximusbluntus/ui2ik998daa0dcaviewattth1376dc3be54.jpg

Awesome game to go to. Pic from my phone doesn't do it much justice, but they were good seats for sure.