PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Todd Frazier!

Kingspoint
05-24-2012, 01:56 AM
Hopefully, this gets him off the skid since taking over at 3rd Base.

Will be interesting to see what his numbers are from this day forward.

At least he still mirrored Rolen with his late-inning-pressure clutch hit. Now, he's got to do it all of the innings, including w/ RISP...(was 1-13 coming into this game on the season w/ RISP). If Frazier starts hitting, Hanigan will have someone base for a change when he comes up to bat.

New York Red
05-24-2012, 07:20 AM
He's already hitting as well as Rolen was (meaning very little). I'm more concerned about Frazier's defense.

Todd Gack
05-24-2012, 07:38 AM
Frazier is a nice stop-gap between Rolen and the next long time 3rd basemen. He could still end up being that long time guy, but only time will tell. I'm happy with the production we're getting from him at this time.

TheBigLebowski
05-24-2012, 08:02 AM
I loved his post-game interview last night. First time I've heard him talk. He sounded like he just beat Ric Flair to win the Intercontinental Heavyweight Belt.

alett12
05-24-2012, 01:40 PM
I love Frazier as a Micheal Young type guy who will fill in anywhere in the IF orthe corners in the OF but i really hope he gets a chance to continue starting even when Rolen comes back.

The DARK
05-30-2012, 12:34 AM
.950 OPS, with a walk-off home run, no-handed home run, and the saving of a man's life. Suffice to say, he's earned his stripes so far.

DirtyBaker
05-30-2012, 12:59 AM
Only Votto and Leake have a higher OPS than Frazier this year. He has quickly become one of the better hitters on this team.

On the reverse side, only Cueto and Cairo have a worse fielding%. I like what I see so far but he will need to improve his defense greatly to be an everyday 3rd baseman.

malcontent
05-30-2012, 01:23 AM
Only Votto and Leake have a higher OPS than Frazier this year. He has quickly become one of the better hitters on this team.

On the reverse side, only Cueto and Cairo have a worse fielding%. I like what I see so far but he will need to improve his defense greatly to be an everyday 3rd baseman.
I think he will be fine defensively. At least I remember reading good things about his defense at 3B when he was in the minors.

Taking over for Rolen could have made him a bit tentative at first.

The absolute worst thing that could possibly happen is if Rolen comes off the DL and Baker benches Frazier. At all.

It was no coincidence that this team started its run the minute Rolen went on the DL.

malcontent
05-30-2012, 01:26 AM
.950 OPS, with a walk-off home run, no-handed home run, and the saving of a man's life. Suffice to say, he's earned his stripes so far.
Absolutely.

:thumbup:

New York Red
05-30-2012, 06:41 AM
Entering last night, Frazier was hitting .229 in his last ten games. Hopefully this game will kickstart him.

Ironman92
05-30-2012, 10:29 AM
I love Frazier as a Micheal Young type guy who will fill in anywhere in the IF orthe corners in the OF but i really hope he gets a chance to continue starting even when Rolen comes back.

I know you said "type of guy"....but Young has to be the top notch "type of guy in baseball" this guy is a 7x all-star, 6x over 200 hits and even won a gold glove at SS.....but has willingly moved all over the field the past 3 years for guys like Adrian Beltre and Elvis Andrus. He was the face of the franchise, won a GG and then willingly moved for a 20 year old kid to play SS....no one else does that....not since Pete Rose and Craig Biggio.

Frazier is still trying to earn (he has already) full-time status. He should still be unproven enough though to play wherever and whenever.

Kingspoint
05-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Entering last night, Frazier was hitting .229 in his last ten games. Hopefully this game will kickstart him.

Like I said, the walk-off had a very good chance of kick-starting his bat.

Somehow you haven't been watching what he's been doing the last six games.

Since his walk-off homerun, Todd Frazier has a line of:

.368 AVG; .429 OBP; .947 SLG; 1.476 OPS; w/ 7 RBI's and 4 Runs scored.

It's pretty clear that his Walk-Off kick-started his bat. Now, if Rolen can only stay on the DL for another five months, everything should work out just fine.

Kcbuckeye22
05-30-2012, 01:05 PM

It's pretty clear that his Walk-Off kick-started his bat. Now, if Rolen can only stay on the DL for another five months, everything should work out just fine.

And he has saved a choking victim.

New York Red
05-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Like I said, the walk-off had a very good chance of kick-starting his bat.

Somehow you haven't been watching what he's been doing the last six games.

I've definitely been watching. You included last night's game, which increased those six-game numbers quite a bit, whereas I was talking about his 10 previous games. He's definitely on a little bit of a tear. I hope like crazy he's going to become this kind of hitter consistently, but right now it's a really small sample size. I'm assuming Rolen is basically done, so we really need Frazier to be that additional stick in the lineup.