PDA

View Full Version : Anywhere to hear Kelch's call of Frazier's walk off?

jhiller21
05-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Anyone who watched on FSN knows that Thom's call was horrible, but I heard Kelch's call was really awesome, I'd like to hear it if anyone can find it.

bigredmechanism
05-24-2012, 10:20 PM
Here. (http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=21711683&c_id=mlb)

FYI: It shows the home run twice. The first time is Thom, the next is I think Grande. (I get these guys confused often.)

DirtyBaker
05-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Here. (http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=21711683&c_id=mlb)

FYI: It shows the home run twice. The first time is Thom, the next is I think Grande. (I get these guys confused often.)

Thanks for the link. To clarify, the first is Thom, the second is Jim Kelch. Not a big Kelch fan at all, but that was awesome. Like Thom, I thought Hayward caught it too.

Red Buckeye
05-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Nothing gives me the goose bumps like an incredible Walk Off HR call from someone who is good at it, like Marty.

It'd be nice if the Reds provided a link on there site where you could listen to some of the best calls in Reds history. I know I would spend all day listening to them.

I especially love Marty's Adam Dunn Walk Off GS against the Tribe in 2006.

The Reds were down 8-0 going into the bottom of the 8th, scored 4 in the 8th, got 1 across in the 9th and loaded the bases up.

Then Dunn came to the plate. I can almost remember word for word how Marty's call went...

"The 1-0 to Dunn. SWUNG ON! LONG DRIVE! RIGHT FIELD! AND THIS ONE BELONGS TO THE RRRREDS! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!!! THE REDS COME BACK FROM AN 8 TO NOTHING DEFECIT! THEY SCORE 4 IN THE 8th, 5 IN THE 9th, AND THEY COME BACK TO DO THE IMPOSSIBLE!

Still gives me the chills to this day!

Bob Sheed
05-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Nothing gives me the goose bumps like an incredible Walk Off HR call from someone who is good at it, like Marty.

It'd be nice if the Reds provided a link on there site where you could listen to some of the best calls in Reds history. I know I would spend all day listening to them.

The Reds were down 8-0 going into the bottom of the 8th, scored 4 in the 8th, got 1 across in the 9th and loaded the bases up.

Then Dunn came to the plate. I can almost remember word for word how Marty's call went...

"The 1-0 to Dunn. SWUNG ON! LONG DRIVE! RIGHT FIELD! AND THIS ONE BELONGS TO THE RRRREDS! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!!! THE REDS COME BACK FROM AN 8 TO NOTHING DEFECIT! THEY SCORE 4 IN THE 8th, 5 IN THE 9th, AND THEY COME BACK TO DO THE IMPOSSIBLE!

Yep. I just got chills reading it. I remember that call.

Jr's Boy
05-25-2012, 11:25 AM
I'd rather plug my ears,than hear Kelch on a HR call.Name me another team that has so many announcers,I don't know who is calling games from one day to the next.

jhiller21
05-25-2012, 04:09 PM

That's my favorite call by Marty. I remember jumping up in my living room so high when that happened I scraped my hands on the textured ceiling. Then I listened to the post-game call-in show for like 3 hours. Everyone that called in was drunk that night.

Speaking of, can anyone find that call?

joshua
05-25-2012, 11:28 PM
My personal favorite call by Marty: Marty Brennaman Calls Jay Bruce's Walk-Off HR to Clinch NL Central - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUqF9pocXhc)

I remember listening to the 1990 World Series, but was so young I haven't heard any of the calls and haven't been able to find any of them. I would especially love to hear game 4 again, of course.

lidspinner
05-27-2012, 07:17 AM
my favorite Marty call is the Browning Perfect Game...still remember I used to make a snack before bedtime every night around 7pm and sit and "listen" to the Reds on my Radio that picked up like 3 stations.....did that every night the Reds played and when they were on the west coast I would come home from school and take a nap so I could stay up and listen to them late night....My mom and dad hated when the Reds were out west.....hahaha