PDA

View Full Version : costanza vs. Dorn

gedred69
05-25-2012, 10:23 PM
One more time, I will express bewiderment as to why Danny Dorn has never been given a chance to be the LH bat off the bench. Looking at his numbers over the years, the guy killed RH pitchers. Costanzo's perserverence is a nice story, but after watching him tonight, he got nuthin'. (It would be a story of perserverence for Dorn as well). It's an end of the bench position, and if the guy sitting there isn't performing, there are plenty of AAAA candidates, ala Dorn.....

joshua
05-26-2012, 12:10 AM
He's hitting .203 and OBP .283. He also plays first base...there's literally no use for him beyond hitting against right handers once every few days. I'd rather have someone a bit more versatile. Rhinehart could at lest play the OF.

Even having this discussion is proof that Ludwick was a horrible signing.

mikdavrut
05-26-2012, 12:25 AM
Ludwick actually looked pretty good last night. Yeah, he hasn't done a whole lot thus far this year, but I've always felt like he *might* come around. Not saying I think he is going to suddenly turn into an all-star or anything, but I still think he could become a fairly solid bat. I hope that I'm right and last night will give him a dose of confidence going forward.

As far as Costanza, he's simply worthless IMO.

Tadasimha
05-26-2012, 11:03 PM
Credit to Costanzo for staying in the game and finally making the bigs, but it's pretty clear he's NOT an MLB'er.

Dorn's BA has been trending down the last two season and Costanzo was out-hitting him this season before his call up.