PDA

View Full Version : Cubs?

Assembly Hall
05-28-2012, 11:11 AM
Well it appears that the Cubs are thinking about unloading some of their players. I know we are winning right now, but is there anybody there we could use? Rumors are that they are willing to eat a majority of Soriano's contract. What about DeJesus? Dempster or Garza?

Ironman92
05-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Meh....I like Dempster and Garza but for what Bailey and?

Tadasimha
05-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Soriano is a big no for me. His LF skills have improved recently but his BA and power numbers have been trending down the the past couple of seasons. Not sure he's worth giving up anything for.

Garza holds some appeal to me - his numbers with the Cubs havn't been great but he has been with the Cubs! Great clubhouse guy by all accounts but he's given up a lot of HRs this season already. Not sure who I'd give up for him except maybe Ludwick and/or Wilson Valdez and I doubt the Cubs are that desperate.

Assembly Hall
05-28-2012, 12:15 PM
I would about believe the Cubs would only be interested in prospects or young talent that is at the Big League level.

redssince75
05-28-2012, 12:36 PM
BIG no on Soriano. Similar to Bruce, feast or famine and he will pop the occasional HR, but chases everything and even though I say "similar to Bruce", he"s not even as good.

LeDoux
05-28-2012, 12:41 PM
DeJesus would be a good fit. I have no idea how much it would take or how much salary the Reds can afford to add.

Tuff Nut
05-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Ludwick and Valdez for LeHair, and I'm good.

Krawhitham
05-28-2012, 01:30 PM
Soriano is a big no for me. His LF skills have improved recently but his BA and power numbers have been trending down the the past couple of seasons. Not sure he's worth giving up anything for.

He is a .277 hitter with 12 HR in 173 BA in GABP, if they want to eat his contract and give him away I say lets do it

But I'm more interested in what the Phillies will be selling, They are 5 games back and it looks like they will lose Halladay (http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7979946/philadelphia-phillies-sending-roy-halladay-doctor-tuesday)for a while

Hunter Pence would be nice to have

5ToolPlaya
05-28-2012, 02:03 PM
I think DeJesus would be great as a lead-off guy for the Reds. Ludwick and a minor leaguer for him?

malcontent
05-29-2012, 01:06 AM
Ludwick and Valdez for LeHair, and I'm good.
I'd LOVE to see the Reds acquire LaHair.

I think the right combination of relievers, or maybe a reliever and Stubbs, could get it done.

Hondo
05-29-2012, 04:12 AM
Starlin Castro is available according to ESPN & I would like him & his 200 hit potential batting lead-off...

This team needs another impact bat. Not a stop gap player, especially left handed hitting David DeJesus.

Also, IMO if the Cubs pay 80% of the remaining salary on Soriano & nothing of value going in return, like say Ludwick and a minor league filler (Not actual prospects like Joseph, Soto, or Hamilton), then I say you pull the trigger and let Soriano be your left fielder & clean-up hitter.

That's a no brainer, especially considering if Soriano doesn't have to be "The Man" like in NY & TX, he might just RAKE.

Assembly Hall
05-29-2012, 08:22 AM
Starlin Castro is available according to ESPN & I would like him & his 200 hit potential batting lead-off...

This team needs another impact bat. Not a stop gap player, especially left handed hitting David DeJesus.

Also, IMO if the Cubs pay 80% of the remaining salary on Soriano & nothing of value going in return, like say Ludwick and a minor league filler (Not actual prospects like Joseph, Soto, or Hamilton), then I say you pull the trigger and let Soriano be your left fielder & clean-up hitter.

That's a no brainer, especially considering if Soriano doesn't have to be "The Man" like in NY & TX, he might just RAKE.

I cant imagine Castro being available. He is one of their building blocks. I agree on Soriano, but if the Cubs are willing to eat his salary, Ludwick aint gonna do it. They will want prospects.

miamiredskin
05-29-2012, 09:33 AM
I may be wrong, but Soriano impresses me as somewhat of a prima-donna.

Agree with 75 that he is not even as good as Bruce. Would prefer De Jesus or Castro.