PDA

View Full Version : Aroldis Chapman's Girlfriend Found Tied Up In Hotel Room

Stray
05-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Weird stuff seems to be following him. Apparently while we were playing last night someone broke in his hotel room, tied up, and robbed his girlfriend.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/authorities-investigating-downtown-robbery-omni-wi/nPHBP/

R_Webb18
05-30-2012, 12:36 PM
so he's having a great week

Kcbuckeye22
05-30-2012, 12:46 PM
This cats got a weird home life for sure. Sure can pitch though! Makes me kinda worried somethings going to catch up with him....or maybe its just bad karma.

moewan
05-30-2012, 12:47 PM
This is wild speculation on my part, but does anyone think Chapman might have gotten involved with organized crime to help with his defection from Cuba?

Stray
05-30-2012, 12:52 PM
This is wild speculation on my part, but does anyone think Chapman might have gotten involved with organized crime to help with his defection from Cuba?

It wouldn't surprise me if he were being extorted, but to be honest nothing would really surprise me right now. I saw Mo Egger tweet not too long ago, there's just a lot of mystery surrounding this guy.

New York Red
05-30-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm starting to think Aroldis needs a babysitter. Or a contract offer from the Bengals.

texasdave
05-30-2012, 12:55 PM
I thought he had a wife and kid back in Cuba? No? Yes? Maybe?

Assembly Hall
05-30-2012, 12:55 PM

Hmmmmmmm......I dont know about that. But I wonder why his "girlfriend" wasnt at the park?

texasdave
05-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Hmmmmmmm......I dont know about that. But I wonder why his "girlfriend" wasnt at the park?

I thought the same thing. Why would she meet him in Pittsburgh to sit in a hotel room?

Pony Boy
05-30-2012, 12:59 PM
I thought the same thing. Why would she meet him in Pittsburgh to sit in a hotel room?

Well there was a rain delay last night. Going to rained delayed games is not much fun. You sit around under the canopy waiting for the rain to stop, not knowing if it ever will stop. I can see why his lady friend would rather hang out at the hotel. I would.

Assembly Hall
05-30-2012, 12:59 PM

Maybe she wasnt sitting. Maybe her and her real "boyfriend" had the whole thing staged? :confused: Chappy needs a chaperone. I volunteer for 50k a year and reds tickets!!!!!!!!!

New York Red
05-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Could have been a secret rendezvous. I remember when the rape deal with Kobe Bryant was going on, some of his teammates said he never did anything with the team when they were on the road. He always stayed to himself, apparently hooking up with women secretly because he was married. Maybe Aroldis has a secret "girlfriend" he hooks up with occasionally.

Assembly Hall
05-30-2012, 01:04 PM
Well there was a rain delay last night. Going to rained delayed games is not much fun. You sit around under the canopy waiting for the rain to stop, not knowing if it ever will stop. I can see why his lady friend would rather hang out at the hotel. I would.

I would assume she was never at the game at all.

texasdave
05-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Maybe she wasnt sitting. Maybe her and her real "boyfriend" had the whole thing staged? :confused: Chappy needs a chaperone. I volunteer for 50k a year and reds tickets!!!!!!!!!

You wouldn't even need tickets. If Aroldis is in, you are in. You even get to stand behind the mound while he is pitching. Sweet. =)

PS Not sure if you get to stand in the batter's box if he ever comes to the plate.

brm7675
05-30-2012, 01:13 PM

Please...I will do it for 40K and upper deck seats...:laugh::laugh:

redssince75
05-30-2012, 01:22 PM
I would assume she was never at the game at all.

You might be right, she probably just got tied up.

**ducks**

New York Red
05-30-2012, 01:24 PM

**ducks**
:laugh:

texasdave
05-30-2012, 01:27 PM
:laugh: Good one!

Assembly Hall
05-30-2012, 01:38 PM
Please...I will do it for 40K and upper deck seats...:laugh::laugh:

Dont be low ballin' me!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Assembly Hall
05-30-2012, 01:41 PM

**ducks**

LMAO!!!!!!!!

I dont know if I am right or not. But I would like to hear Mike Tyson's thoughts on the entire situation.:lol:

Big Red Hoss
05-30-2012, 03:06 PM
Maybe they were in a sexual game and he lost track of time. So he went to the ball park and left her tied up so he could continue when he arrived back at the motel.

Assembly Hall
05-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Maybe they were in a sexual game and he lost track of time. So he went to the ball park and left her tied up so he could continue when he arrived back at the motel.

LOL......very possible!!!!!!!!!!

The DARK
05-31-2012, 01:13 AM
Sounds to me like $30 million and incredible, publicized success puts a huge target on his back. A sketchy lawsuit with charges that defame Chapman amongst his community and getting robbed with his girlfriend tied up... he better get some good insurance and lawyers.

nw_ohio_fan
05-31-2012, 01:22 AM
Chapman= International Man of Mystery!

He had a girlfreind and a kid in Cuba. hard to say if they are still together. I find this odd how all these things are happening in a matter of a week or two. It's hard to say the type of people he knows. I just want him to keep pitching like he has.

texasdave
05-31-2012, 09:30 AM
Having never been on the wrong side of the law (or at least been caught), I find a couple of things curious. If I was robbed in my home and the police came would I be taken down to a police station for questioning? Wouldn't they just take my statement and ask whatever questions they were going to ask at my home? And if I was innocent and the one being robbed would I walk out of the police station with a towel covering my head to hide my identity? Any suggestions here?

Okay, I just thought about it and the first part kinda makes sense if they had me look at mug shots or something along those lines.

Assembly Hall
05-31-2012, 09:40 AM
I dont know Dave. Is there any detectives on here that can enlighten us on how these kind of situations work? There seems to be a lot of odd circumstances here.

Assembly Hall
05-31-2012, 09:43 AM
Chapman= International Man of Mystery!

He had a girlfreind and a kid in Cuba. hard to say if they are still together. I find this odd how all these things are happening in a matter of a week or two. It's hard to say the type of people he knows. I just want him to keep pitching like he has.

He is MLB's most interesting man!!!!!!!!! I wonder if he drinks Dos Equix?

MrRedLegger
05-31-2012, 09:47 AM
Having never been on the wrong side of the law (or at least been caught), I find a couple of things curious. If I was robbed in my home and the police came would I be taken down to a police station for questioning? Wouldn't they just take my statement and ask whatever questions they were going to ask at my home? And if I was innocent and the one being robbed would I walk out of the police station with a towel covering my head to hide my identity? Any suggestions here?

Okay, I just thought about it and the first part kinda makes sense if they had me look at mug shots or something along those lines.

I was mugged a year and a half ago and the police took my statement at the hospital where I was getting X-rays. I was never asked to come to the station nor was I called back by them. A few letters from some money hungry lawyers during the ensuing weeks but that's about it. If being a cop was like Law & Order I'd definitely do it Ice-T style.

Aroldis, along with $30M and some shady Cuban suing him for "giving false testimony" seems like enough reason for someone to try to scare him, either into a settlement or something along those lines. Pray for AC and that he can put this behind him soon. And please don't compare Aroldis to a scumbag rapist like Kobe Bryant.

moewan
05-31-2012, 11:45 AM
There is a lot to this story that doesn't pass the smell test.

Old NDN
05-31-2012, 12:55 PM
A troubling pattern of "problems" beginning to dog Chapman. Too many blanks remaining in an attempt to explain the growing number of incidents. The Reds better get a handle on him or it's gonna get embarrassing for them, imo.

Kingspoint
05-31-2012, 01:14 PM
Chapman's got a VooDoo hex on him from Cuba.

He's going to have to boil a chicken or something.

Stray
05-31-2012, 04:08 PM
So the police kept the woman and questioned her for 10 hours....and then she was released when her husband came to pick her up?

That's messed up.

texasdave
05-31-2012, 05:12 PM
So the police kept the woman and questioned her for 10 hours.

They were just being very thorough in going through exactly how she was tied up.

And then she was released when her husband came to pick her up?

How could she be Chapman's girlfriend if she was married to another man?

R_Webb18
05-31-2012, 05:42 PM
They were just being very thorough in going through exactly how she was tied up.

easy she cheated. not rly that shocking.

bigredmechanism
05-31-2012, 06:09 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/15369934.jpg

Stray
05-31-2012, 06:39 PM
10 hours seems like a bit much though. Actually I really don't even know what is normal in situations like this haha.

texasdave
05-31-2012, 06:52 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/15369934.jpg

I was just messing around. :)

texasdave
05-31-2012, 06:53 PM
10 hours seems like a bit much though. Actually I really don't even know what is normal in situations like this haha.

10 hours I would imagine is way too long for a simple burglary. And taking her first to one station and then to another seems odd as well.

R_Webb18
05-31-2012, 07:08 PM
10 hours I would imagine is way too long for a simple burglary. And taking her first to one station and then to another seems odd as well.

so does this mean it was a set up and her husband or some1 she new stole the things?

bigredmechanism
05-31-2012, 07:59 PM
Maybe they were trying to determine if she was in on it. Expensive jewelry laying around the hotel room... easy to split that 50/50.

redssince75
05-31-2012, 09:03 PM

Well heck, that's just dinner. You're gonna need something a lot stronger than dinner to break a voodoo hex.

The DARK
06-01-2012, 01:59 AM
Maybe they were trying to determine if she was in on it. Expensive jewelry laying around the hotel room... easy to split that 50/50.

http://triblive.com/news/1895708-74/police-manrique-hotel-kamouei-accused-baltimore-case-account-bank-chapman

So we've got a married, not-fully dressed model/former stripper tied up in Chapman's hotel room, with the room robbed. No evidence or accusations of sexual assault, but Chapman is nowhere to be found. Her "estranged" husband picks her up after a 10 hour questioning. Immediately after, we find out she's been accused of robbery in an entirely separate incident that has been in the court system for a while. All of this comes on the heels of an incredibly damaging, money-grabbing accusation and Chapman's newfound status as one of the best pitchers in baseball.

Definitely would make for a great TV episode, but I just hope Chapman can shake all this off. A lot of his problems last year were described as the result of off the field issues, and I hope that they don't show up again.

Assembly Hall
06-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Simply amazing.

Who Dey Time
06-01-2012, 10:05 AM
http://triblive.com/news/1895708-74/police-manrique-hotel-kamouei-accused-baltimore-case-account-bank-chapman

So we've got a married, not-fully dressed model/former stripper tied up in Chapman's hotel room, with the room robbed. No evidence or accusations of sexual assault, but Chapman is nowhere to be found. Her "estranged" husband picks her up after a 10 hour questioning. Immediately after, we find out she's been accused of robbery in an entirely separate incident that has been in the court system for a while. All of this comes on the heels of an incredibly damaging, money-grabbing accusation and Chapman's newfound status as one of the best pitchers in baseball.

Definitely would make for a great TV episode, but I just hope Chapman can shake all this off. A lot of his problems last year were described as the result of off the field issues, and I hope that they don't show up again.

I got $50 that says stripper and "estranged" hubby were in on this together. Trying to bleed Chapman out of some serious money.

MrRedLegger
06-01-2012, 10:08 AM
People with nothing to hide, or in this case a robbery victim, don't need a towel to cover up their face while exiting a crime scene. She has a robbery case against her, and the harassment case she filed in retaliation was dropped. She was also unavailable for commenting. Also, you'd have to be pretty submissive to be tied up with napkins. Any type of resistance would work against something like that.

Aroldis got involved with the wrong girl and hopefully he has moved on. Hell, I'd even drop the case just so I wouldn't have to deal with her and pay more court fees, assuming he is still worth ~$29,994,000. That's a pretty nice dent in his wallet.

bounty37h
06-01-2012, 10:39 AM

Wonder if there was thought it was the hubby who did it; either mad at her, or maybe a set up from get go to rob AC?

KYRedLeg
06-01-2012, 01:24 PM

Willie "Mays" Harris......er...Hayes: We should've got the live chicken.

Stray
06-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Yeah when I read about the 10 hours of questioning in two different locations the first thing that came to mind is that she was in on the robbery. Maybe her and her husband are in on it together. I guess eventually all of the facts will come out. I think every dude has prolly got with a chick or two that we regret, hopefully Chapman learns from it.

LeDoux
06-01-2012, 02:37 PM
This can only end one way- A mugshot of Aroldis in drag with the headline "Cuban Missile assaults Bo Obama while in possession of a Tanker full of Absinthe, a totem pole, and Hunter S. Thompson's bones."

bigredmechanism
06-01-2012, 09:41 PM
This can only end one way- A mugshot of Aroldis in drag with the headline "Cuban Missile assaults Bo Obama while in possession of a Tanker full of Absinthe, a totem pole, and Hunter S. Thompson's bones."

Wow. Lol.

The more i think about it, the more I am inclined to believe that the cops really think it was an inside job. Total conjecture on my part when I said it yesterday, but it makes so much sense.

texasdave
06-02-2012, 07:35 AM
http://savvystews.com/?p=11459

More news on the robbery and a pic of the tied-upee.

Assembly Hall
06-02-2012, 09:20 AM
All I can do is shake my head. Amazing stuff. BTW did anybody hear them talking about the incident on the telecast last night?

Falcon7
06-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Chapman and friends: Note: This is 2009

http://bustedcoverage.com/2009/10/30/aroldis-chapman-photos-has-lingerie-chicks-on-his-arms-during-boston-visit/

Claudia Manrique - Not sure on the date of this picture.
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Claudia-Manrique-223x300.jpg

Assembly Hall
06-02-2012, 06:56 PM
I hope he enjoys it while he can. Gentlemen, we have a loose "missle" on the team!!!!!!!:D

KYRedLeg
06-02-2012, 10:21 PM
I hope he enjoys it while he can. Gentlemen, we have a loose "missle" on the team!!!!!!!:D

I wasn't sure what word was going to follow "loose" there.

jwmann2
06-05-2012, 02:28 AM
I'm starting to think Aroldis needs a babysitter. Or a contract offer from the Bengals.

LOL. Paul Brown Stadium is the halfway house of the NFL. Sign him up, surely he could launch a pigskin sixty yards and compete as a backup to Dalton.

redssince75
06-05-2012, 07:54 AM

http://bustedcoverage.com/2009/10/30/aroldis-chapman-photos-has-lingerie-chicks-on-his-arms-during-boston-visit/

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Claudia-Manrique-223x300.jpg

Yep, that will make a man do stupid things. She also has the "crazy eyes".

So obviously a setup.

lidspinner
06-05-2012, 10:00 AM
wow is all I can say....I sure hope Chapman is thinking with the right head on this issue....I can see where he could run astray from his brain but this reeks of the type of trouble that can not end well for anyone. I hope for his sake, and the Reds for that matter, that Chapman is creating as much distance from this woman as he can.....not saying this is her fault but it sure is looking like she is not telling the truth....I just hope AC is not involved in this "getting into the country" debt.

bounty37h
06-05-2012, 12:03 PM

Ugh, should be called busted faces.

redssince75
06-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Ugh, should be called busted faces.

Really? Her body and skin tone look rockin', her face just looks normal. Not ugly, not beautiful, certainly not busted. I think we have some internet bias going on.......

Grouse
06-05-2012, 02:13 PM
$200,000 worth of man jewerly in a louis V bag is what scares me. Trainwreck alert. I just keep thinking about the documentry " How the lotto changed my life. " This might not end up well.

bounty37h
06-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Really? Her body and skin tone look rockin', her face just looks normal. Not ugly, not beautiful, certainly not busted. I think we have some internet bias going on.......

Was referring to the girls in the link busted coverage

Helms1
06-05-2012, 06:13 PM
I trust her.