PDA

View Full Version : Cairo

malcontent
05-31-2012, 12:47 AM
.156/.182/.250/.432 in 33 PA.

Small sample size to be sure, but the man is 38 and in his 17th MLB season.

As with Willie Harris, it's time for Jocketty to turn the page and find a younger guy, preferably a LHH or SH.

This bench is a cinderblock, dragging the team down. It's gotta be fixed.

nw_ohio_fan
05-31-2012, 12:55 AM
Harris is a left handed bat of the bench. i don't like him at all myself. However we don't have any "healthy" left handed bench players in the minors. Cairo is probably beyond his use. Sad thing is Dusty will remain loyal to him. That's just how it is.

R_Webb18
05-31-2012, 01:00 AM
The bench in general is bad.

this is why i hate when ppl get off days but i was still fine with votto's since it was his turn.

RedsFanInBama
05-31-2012, 02:26 AM
Yes, the bench is abysmal. I'd at least like us to maybe sign someone like Derrek Lee, JD Drew or Magglio Ordonez. Those guys are all on the downside of their careers, but I can't believe one of them wouldn't at the very least give us a better option as a pinch-hitter or fill-in player than what we have now.

malcontent
05-31-2012, 02:53 AM
Yes, the bench is abysmal. I'd at least like us to maybe sign someone like Derrek Lee, JD Drew or Magglio Ordonez. Those guys are all on the downside of their careers, but I can't believe one of them wouldn't at the very least give us a better option as a pinch-hitter or fill-in player than what we have now.
Aren't they all retired?

joshua
05-31-2012, 09:49 AM
Cairo will be alright. He will hit somewhere between 260 to 270 and drive in runs when he's needed.

Harris, Ludwick and Valdez have got to go. I fully expect Walt to make some kind of move to get somebody who can help out for bench depth. I don't expect we will get a regular clean up or lead off hitter this season, but we need some kind of consistency from the bench. Hell, I'd rather have Leake pinch hitting than either of these guys.

Kcbuckeye22
05-31-2012, 02:07 PM
Hell, I'd rather have Leake pinch hitting than either of these guys.
You and me. I see it in the future.

alett12
05-31-2012, 02:13 PM
I think he lost the game for them last night because dusty is loyal to his guys and cisco is one of them. He's the one that shouldve been hit for not frazier

Ironman92
05-31-2012, 02:46 PM
He can flat out rake.

HUHUH
05-31-2012, 08:55 PM
I think he lost the game for them last night because dusty is loyal to his guys and cisco is one of them. He's the one that shouldve been hit for not frazier

I assume by "cisco" you mean "cairo"? If so, you are SPOT ON. Pinch hit for your hottest hitter in Frazier? Dusty has issues, and they adversely affect this team's performance.

markymark69
05-31-2012, 10:02 PM
It is hard to argue with what Cairo has done for this team in his time here, but I was leary of the two-year deal he signed. Struggling this season, as is most of the bench.

It may not be Cairo, but I feel the bench will be addressed very soon. It has to be.