PDA

View Full Version : Concern for Chapman

brm7675
06-01-2012, 03:28 PM
We are getting more details from the hotel "incident" and well it is all sounding really...well....wierd. Put this with 4, count them 4 speeding tickets and a revoked drivers licence in just two years and I am beginning to think that maybe the Reds need to invest some time/energy and people into the care of Mr. Chapman.

Lets be honost, the young man came from dirt poor Cuba. He is still young, doesn't speak the langauge and has a boat load of money and seems to have socialization issues.

I think given the financial investment the Reds have made and the importance this young man plays on the Reds, that maybe he needs kinda like a chaperone or something. I would hate to see continued off field issues with this young that causes an impact on his future with us.

mrherd05
06-01-2012, 03:34 PM
You just described multiple young people in this country, and most older people who have money.

Four whole speeding tickets, thats one a year. Who cares for him.

Revoked license? I had that happen to me once and it wasnt my fault, i got a ticket in po duck ohio, paid it, they didnt mark it. Went to renew my license prior to my honeymoorn, and it was suspended due to me NOT paying that ticket.

Making a mountain out of a mole hill here man.

brm7675
06-01-2012, 03:51 PM
You just described multiple young people in this country, and most older people who have money.

Four whole speeding tickets, thats one a year. Who cares for him.

Revoked license? I had that happen to me once and it wasnt my fault, i got a ticket in po duck ohio, paid it, they didnt mark it. Went to renew my license prior to my honeymoorn, and it was suspended due to me NOT paying that ticket.

Making a mountain out of a mole hill here man.

A) It's 4 in two years, thus the reason for the suspended licence
B) He is not a "normal" young person in this country.
C) I don't believe he speaks any english
D) He is FLUSHED with millions of dollars
E) He has no close family nearby that can help him
F) The tied up women in his hotel room isn't something normal

Why wait till it is a mountain? Then it could be two late. Why not see if you can provide some "help" now and not let it get out of hand anymore...

R_Webb18
06-01-2012, 08:19 PM
u do realize the women that was tied up was not from chapman.

a speeding ticket and the women thing have nothing to do with each other. they both happened in same time frame thats all.

brm7675
06-01-2012, 09:36 PM
u do realize the women that was tied up was not from chapman.

a speeding ticket and the women thing have nothing to do with each other. they both happened in same time frame thats all.

All involve him

Spazzrico
06-01-2012, 10:29 PM
I had that happen to me once and it wasnt my fault, i got a ticket in po duck ohio, paid it, they didnt mark it. Went to renew my license prior to my honeymoorn, and it was suspended due to me NOT paying that ticket.

This happened to me when I was 19. Paid a ticket from Florida with a money order. Fast forward one year, I get pulled over and am arrested for not paying said ticket. I no longer had the receipt, nor did Florida ever send men anything, nor did the state of KY ever tell me my license had been suspended. Thus I spent a night in jail and spent close $1000 between lawyers fees, fines and repaying the original ticket to get it resolved. I'm still bitter about it.

joshua
06-02-2012, 12:09 AM
I think he needs some kind of mentoring. He's been getting himself in a bunch of crazy siuations lately.

R_Webb18
06-02-2012, 01:17 AM
i dont rly see the problem. yea the speeding ticket is bad but he can stop that.

brm7675
06-02-2012, 09:18 AM
i dont rly see the problem. yea the speeding ticket is bad but he can stop that.

He has had four in two years...doesn't look like he can on his own...

Assembly Hall
06-02-2012, 09:33 AM
I dont care who you are. What has happened to Chappy this past week and half calls into question his judgement outside the ballpark. Whether he knew his license was suspended or not really aint the issue. Driving 90MPH at 1 AM in the morning outside of Columbus is. Having a pretty woman in your hotel room aint the issue either. The fact that she was/is a stripper, has been in trouble with the law, and A.C.'s acknowledgement that he knew shew owed someone money is. We can "sugar coat" it anyway we want to but two incidents within a short period of time that seem not to be related signals alarm bells for me.

OGB
06-02-2012, 12:06 PM
I dont care who you are. What has happened to Chappy this past week and half calls into question his judgement outside the ballpark. Whether he knew his license was suspended or not really aint the issue. Driving 90MPH at 1 AM in the morning outside of Columbus is. Having a pretty woman in your hotel room aint the issue either. The fact that she was/is a stripper, has been in trouble with the law, and A.C.'s acknowledgement that he knew shew owed someone money is. We can "sugar coat" it anyway we want to but two incidents within a short period of time that seem not to be related signals alarm bells for me.

If you want to raise legitimate concerns, fine, but don't judge. What does her being a stripper have to do with anything? You might as well have said, "the fact that she was/is a tax attorney."

Assembly Hall
06-02-2012, 12:22 PM
If you want to raise legitimate concerns, fine, but don't judge. What does her being a stripper have to do with anything? You might as well have said, "the fact that she was/is a tax attorney."

I gave three reasons against her. Stripper, just being one. I aint judging her, I am questioning Chappy's decisions.

R_Webb18
06-02-2012, 01:06 PM
He has had four in two years...doesn't look like he can on his own...

he could if he chooses to

Votto4MVP
06-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Anyone think its possible that this hotel incident was an inside job? This girl that was tied up has changed her story a couple times. She just started dating aroldis in april. Does anyone think that she was working with someone else and staged this?

Stray
06-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Anyone think its possible that this hotel incident was an inside job? This girl that was tied up has changed her story a couple times. She just started dating aroldis in april. Does anyone think that she was working with someone else and staged this?

That's what it sounds like.

brm7675
06-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Whatever it is the Reds need to be addressing it...

Assembly Hall
06-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Whatever it is the Reds need to be addressing it...

I am sure they are, kind of makes you wonder if or why they havent been doing it all along.:confused:

PumpFak3First
06-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Like my buddy who is a Reds fan said: Early 20's, first time not in Communist country, rich enough to live three life times ... he'll have to go through some growing pains.

Assembly Hall
06-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Like my buddy who is a Reds fan said: Early 20's, first time not in Communist country, rich enough to live three life times ... he'll have to go through some growing pains.

I am sure he was comfortable in Cuba by their standards. But if he keeps going like he is going he is gonna end up back there, behind bars, or handing out money to every big-titted Spanish woman that comes along.

LaFlamaBlanca
06-03-2012, 12:28 AM
How can anyone claim to have knowledge of the Reds handling of Chapman? It is nothing more than abject speculation to suggest one way or the other the Reds are neglecting his off field needs.

Speeding tickets? We talkin' bout speeding tickets? (Allen Iverson voice)

Assembly Hall
06-03-2012, 07:18 AM
How can anyone claim to have knowledge of the Reds handling of Chapman? It is nothing more than abject speculation to suggest one way or the other the Reds are neglecting his off field needs.

Speeding tickets? We talkin' bout speeding tickets? (Allen Iverson voice)

90 mph is reckless driving in my state. Nothing wrong with getting a few speeding tickets, but driving while suspended is another story.