PDA

View Full Version : Mets 1st ever no hitter vs. the Cards

Magdal
06-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Santana was masterful, and the Cards futile, which is their current M.O.

He caught a break when Beltran's would be double on the 3rd base chalk line was called fowl. Another indication of the sad state of the Card's coaching staff (and the umps) that they did not even think to check it out. The ball mark would have reversed the call.

Matheny put Beltran in CF for the 1st time this year, I guess because he knows the Mets' outfield best of all, but it was obvious that his wheels were not up to it. With the return of Craig, and the addition of Adams, the Cards had an awesome looking lineup last nite.....and got no hit. The irony is almost overwhelming!

oedenfield
06-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Happy for the Mets, makes their 50th year even better. Plus it was at the expense of the Cardinals, which is always good.

Kingspoint
06-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Congratulations to all New York Mets' fans, past and present. It was a great day to be a Met.

I'm sure we all know someone close to us who has been a Mets' fan.

Magdal
06-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Congratulations to all New York Mets' fans, past and present. It was a great day to be a Met.

I'm sure we all know someone close to us who has been a Mets' fan.I would be embarrassed if I was a Met fan inasmuch as everybody in the country with a TV saw the Beltran safe hit. They know it was really a 1 hitter.

In other news the Cards are trying to lose their 6th strait....losing to the Mets right now in their day game. I TOLD you all that the Cards were TOAST!:)

DaytonFlyer
06-04-2012, 02:20 PM
I enjoyed this from Deadspin:

Santana No-Hitter Gets Asterisk In St. Louis (http://deadspin.com/5915237/santana-no+hitter-gets-asterisk-in-st-louis?tag=johansantananohitter)

bounty37h
06-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Was kind of surprised to find out there had never been one before now.

brm7675
06-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Only problem is it wasn't a no hitter. It's sad how poor the umpiring is getting and how Bud refuses to do the right thing and add another ump up in the booth.