PDA

View Full Version : one thing about the MLB I hate!!!

ShaySongz
06-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Why aren't the international players included in the amateur draft? Too many teams bidding on players that are from Latin and Japan, they should be drafted just like any other US born player. Maybe the draft would have more buzz, and entertain:bang: it's so simple to me a caveman can do it

Assembly Hall
06-03-2012, 09:45 AM
How many of the international players are amateurs? Just asking.

webbbj
06-03-2012, 11:44 AM

good point. there are a lot of DR players that get signed before 18 who may qualify.

jwmann2
06-05-2012, 02:27 AM
I think they like the way they have it. They dedicate money to players from their own soil and make the oversea athletes sweat it out and prove themselves in the Minors. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. However, the main reason college baseball isn't what college football is, is because all of the best talent goes straight to the professional level. College basketball, like baseball, is slowly becoming irrelevant, the ratings are continuously dropping.

RedsFanInBama
06-05-2012, 02:46 AM
The NBA rules FORCE high school players to go to college basketball. Before the rules were in place, high school players could go straight to the pros. Now they have to go to college. Therefore, the best talent is going to college in basketball. I don't see a correlation to college baseball.

joshua
06-05-2012, 02:55 AM
You're right. The rich teams have an immediate advantage in signing foreign talent. If they want to play in the majors, they should have to declare for the draft.

Assembly Hall
06-05-2012, 09:19 AM
You're right. The rich teams have an immediate advantage in signing foreign talent. If they want to play in the majors, they should have to declare for the draft.

I dont know if I would say it that way. The fact is that a few of the teams had scouts in Latin America, where others did not. This allowed them to gobble up talent because a kid was only seeing one team's contract offer. A lot of variables go into it.

Krawhitham
06-05-2012, 09:52 AM

If they are not Major League Baseball players they are amateurs

Girevik
06-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Technically, if they are getting paid they are not amateurs.