PDA

View Full Version : Richard Dawson Has Died

Dom Heffner
06-03-2012, 10:57 AM
One of childhood favorites. I still pull up Youtube and laugh at the old Family Feud episodes. True classic.

Sea Ray
06-03-2012, 11:00 AM
I wonder how many folks he kissed?

Chip R
06-03-2012, 11:52 AM

His executive producer said 20,000.

I thought he died several years ago.

RBA
06-03-2012, 12:05 PM
His executive producer said 20,000.

I thought he died several years ago.

I think his death was mistakenly reported when Ray Combs died.

06-03-2012, 12:15 PM
He was supposed to have gotten the role of Hogan on Hogan's Heroes, but network executives wanted an American, so the role went to Bob Crane. Dawson reportedly was always bitter about that.

I still fondly remember him as the one that everyone chose for their partner on the final question on Match Game. I still get childhood flashbacks everytime I hear that theme song.

cumberlandreds
06-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Here's the NY Times obit for him. I remember him just as much for his role on Hogans Heroes. He was also very popular on Match Game. In this obit it says that his current wife was a contestant on the show.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/04/arts/television/richard-dawson-kissing-host-of-family-feud-dies-at-79.html

cumberlandreds
06-04-2012, 09:59 AM
He was supposed to have gotten the role of Hogan on Hogan's Heroes, but network executives wanted an American, so the role went to Bob Crane. Dawson reportedly was always bitter about that.

I still fondly remember him as the one that everyone chose for their partner on the final question on Match Game. I still get childhood flashbacks everytime I hear that theme song.

I've read that too about his wanting the Hogan role. I also read he was the real ladies man. He dated nearly every woman who was on Hogans Heroes and most of the shows in which he was an actor.

moewan
06-04-2012, 10:13 AM
I loved Dickey Dawson on the match game, remember they had to change the rules of the game because everybody picked him, they introduced the celebrity wheel.

WVPacman
06-04-2012, 11:53 PM

I wonder how many husbands he made mad? ;) Nah seriously he was one of the altime greats on tv and will be missed. RIP Richard!!

Redsfaithful
06-05-2012, 03:59 PM
I thought this was fantastic, especially the last video of Dawson on Family Feud having a laugh attack:

http://deadspin.com/5915632/when-you-kiss-the-ladies-do-it-on-camera-how-richard-dawson-beat-bob-barker-and-everyone-else