PDA

View Full Version : The Reds and the Draft...

brm7675
06-04-2012, 01:54 PM
With the MLB draft tonight I have been looking over our past drafts…..WOW did we have some stinker years. 2002 when we drafted Votto, only 1 other drafted player that year is in the show and that is Chris Denorfia. We traded him I think to Milwaukee back in 2010 I think for Jim Edmonds.

In 2005 one of our last picks was John Axford…I know you are saying who? He is now the stud closer for the Brewers. Other players from that draft that have done okay are…

Jay Bruce
Travis Wood
Sam Lecure
Carlos Fisher
Logan Ondruesek

Drew Stubbs
Chris Heisey
Chris Valaika

Devon Mesercsco
Todd Frazier
Zach Cozart

Yonder Alonzo

Mike Leake
Billy Hamilton –
Tucker Barhart –

Maldez
06-04-2012, 05:15 PM
With the MLB draft tonight I have been looking over our past drafts…..WOW did we have some stinker years. 2002 when we drafted Votto, only 1 other drafted player that year is in the show and that is Chris Denorfia. We traded him I think to Milwaukee back in 2010 I think for Jim Edmonds.

In 2005 one of our last picks was John Axford…I know you are saying who? He is now the stud closer for the Brewers. Other players from that draft that have done okay are…

Jay Bruce
Travis Wood
Sam Lecure
Carlos Fisher
Logan Ondruesek

Drew Stubbs
Chris Heisey
Chris Valaika

Devon Mesercsco
Todd Frazier
Zach Cozart

Yonder Alonzo

Mike Leake
Billy Hamilton –
Tucker Barhart –

Over the past four or five years the draft trend has definitely been UP for Cincy ! Looking forward to seeing the Reds pick up some nice talent tonight.