PDA

View Full Version : RIP Borbon

bounty37h
06-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Pedro passed away today. Sad news, had heard he hadn't been doing well. I still need an auto ball from him to finish my BRM collection.

mikemo14
06-04-2012, 05:27 PM
What a great RP Pedro was backin the day and a character as well. I remember him chewing a Mets hat to pieces in the 73 playoff fight between Pete and Harrelson, him biting Richie Zisk of the Pirates in the butt during a scuffle and forcing Zisk to get a tetnus shot and I think him and Geronimo got into a fight over a hair cut one time in the clubhouse. He could pitch every day as much as was needed. Sad to hear.

Moosie52
06-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Borbon was one of the most memorable Reds ever. Rest in peace.

smixsell
06-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Pedro was a major cog in the Big Red Machine. He could pitch almost every day and remain effective. One of the great "rubber arms" of the 70's. And YES! WHAT A CHARACTER! :)

On a personal note he was very nice to me, my mom, and my sisters back in 1977 when we were staying in the same hotel as the team in Philadelphia. He joined us for breakfast one morning at the hotel, and Sarkey Anderson joined us later on at the same table! What a gesture. Really nice guy to us. (We stayed at the same hotel as the Red's because I was a big fan. My mom and sisters became became BIG Red's fans thereafter!) :)

Thanks for the memories Pedro! You will be missed. :( Rest in peace.

Tuff Nut
06-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Sad news, indeed. One of my all-time favs. RIP Pedro.

Mutaman
06-04-2012, 11:55 PM
The BRM had better pitching than they were given credit for and Pedro was one of the reasons why. RIP

goreds2
06-05-2012, 04:41 PM
I have a few of his BB cards. Added a lot of personality to the Big Red Machine. RIP

* There will be a moment of silence and video tribute before tonight's game to honor Pedro Borbon, who died yesterday from cancer at the age of 65.