PDA

View Full Version : this will be your lineup with a new manager..

ShaySongz
06-06-2012, 05:29 AM
Leading off for your 2012 Cincinnati Reds

1) BP aka Dat Dude Brandon Phillips. -he sets the table with his bat. he can bat anywhere in the lineup Reds feed off his enthusiasm.

2) Ryan Hanigan- good OBP gives you a professional at bat. Handles the bat well, allowing you to hit and run because he doesn't strikeout often.

3) Who else? Mr MVP Joey the Hitman Votto.

4) Bruuuuuuce I know he's streaky but given the opportunity cleaning up he will have alot of chances to hit with runners on base. you have to respect his bat with runners on base.

5) Cozart- I don't like him leading off doesn't steal bases much but has average speed. His ability to turn on a fastball is why I would want him with alot of chances to drive in runs.

6)Frazier or Rolen maybe Youk(wishful thinking)

7) Ludwick or Heisey

8) Stubbs-I like Stubbs speed in front of the pitcher best spot to steal a base, and allow the pitch to bunt him over to third. its worthless to put him in front of Votto if you don't want to steal bases with him.

9)Pitcher

That should always be the lineup pending injuries. if they deal for Youkilis I would pencil him in at cleanup to break up the back to back lefties. He's the only player I would do that for.

You Can't blame the GM for the lack of talent you obtained on your team if you haven't played every card or every angle available.

jaydeebee21
06-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Leading off for your 2012 Cincinnati Reds

1) BP aka Dat Dude Brandon Phillips. -he sets the table with his bat. he can bat anywhere in the lineup Reds feed off his enthusiasm.

2) Ryan Hanigan- good OBP gives you a professional at bat. Handles the bat well, allowing you to hit and run because he doesn't strikeout often.

3) Who else? Mr MVP Joey the Hitman Votto.

4) Bruuuuuuce I know he's streaky but given the opportunity cleaning up he will have alot of chances to hit with runners on base. you have to respect his bat with runners on base.

5) Cozart- I don't like him leading off doesn't steal bases much but has average speed. His ability to turn on a fastball is why I would want him with alot of chances to drive in runs.

6)Frazier or Rolen maybe Youk(wishful thinking)

7) Ludwick or Heisey

8) Stubbs-I like Stubbs speed in front of the pitcher best spot to steal a base, and allow the pitch to bunt him over to third. its worthless to put him in front of Votto if you don't want to steal bases with him.

9)Pitcher

That should always be the lineup pending injuries. if they deal for Youkilis I would pencil him in at cleanup to break up the back to back lefties. He's the only player I would do that for.

You Can't blame the GM for the lack of talent you obtained on your team if you haven't played every card or every angle available.

Stubbs has a .280/.348/.476 line in the 2 hole and has stolen 12 bases out of 15 attempts whilst batting 2nd this year. Its the most productive spot that Stubbs has been in.

Hanigan wouldnt likely produce such a big enough boost over that in OBP to justify having the slowest base runner in front of Votto.

Votto who is leading the league in doubles means that Stubbs has a very good chance to score from 1st on a double whilst Hanigan likely has to stop at 3rd.

Who Dey Time
06-06-2012, 09:55 AM

Bruce is one of the worst RISP of all the regulars. He is too streaky and still a K liability to even consider at 4th. I'd do Hanigan or even Ludwick before Bruce.

And the lack of depth, leadoff, etc. is absolutely on the front office. These are not issues that have all of a sudden crept up. Leadoff, clean up were issues long before this season started. Nothing of tremendous value was done to address that.

webbbj
06-06-2012, 10:06 AM
id go:

hanigan: i could care less if hes slow he gets on base. Votto is a doubles machine so he wont have a problems scoring anyway.

Stubbs: like the poster above said this is his best spot in the lineup.

Votto

Phillips
#4 and #5 could be interchangeable based on production
Bruce

Frazier

Heisey

Cozart

Final 3 also interchangeable based on production.

Goose
06-06-2012, 10:51 AM
I would just love to see how well Bruce could hit in the two spot with Votto behind him. Pitchers would have to challenge him more often. I think he could put up monster numbers there.