PDA

View Full Version : 3 words CURRENTLY describes the Reds

will5979
06-06-2012, 09:37 AM
1. Pre
2. Tend
3. Ers

Lets be honest, if you can't come home and beat the lousy Pirates it says something about the team. I'll shut up if they win today and tomorrow, but if they lose this series AT HOME against the scumbag lowly Pirates, then there is no way in Hell this team can be taken seriously.

A series like this is a MUST WIN.

You have to send a message to the cellar dwellers like Pittsburgh that this is OUR division to lose and they have no business on flirting with 1st, they belong at 4th or below and the Reds need to show them that stone cold fact over the next 2 games...WIN THIS DAMN SERIES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

I'd rather have a root canal and a prostate exam than to lose to the lowly scumbag city of Pittsburg.

Who Dey Time
06-06-2012, 10:00 AM
1. Pre
2. Tend
3. Ers

Lets be honest, if you can't come home and beat the lousy Pirates it says something about the team. I'll shut up if they win today and tomorrow, but if they lose this series AT HOME against the scumbag lowly Pirates, then there is no way in Hell this team can be taken seriously.

You have to send a message to the cellar dwellers like Pittsburgh that this is OUR division to lose and they have no business on flirting with 1st, they belong at 4th or below and the Reds need to show them that stone cold fact over the next 2 games...WIN THIS DAMN SERIES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

I'd rather have a root canal and a prostate exam than to lose to the lowly scumbag city of Pittsburg.

First, lets just understand that your post is completely ridiculous.

To call the Pirates lousy is silly. While I don't think they have staying power over the course of the season there is no question that they are playing very well right now and Burnett specifically has pitched quite well minus one start against the Cardinals.

No series in the beginning of June is a must win....especially when you are the team at the top of the standings.....I honest to Christ think that some of you simply don't pay attention to anything that happens....you do realize that the Reds are in first place and have one of the best records in baseball over the last 7 weeks right?????

Gain some perspective and understanding about what the hell is going on out there.

webbbj
06-06-2012, 10:01 AM
theres a lot wrong w/ this thread.

1.) how are the reds pretenders? they are #1 in a division thats mediocre that i thought from day 1 they would win. The goal was to get to the WS this year and they now have one of the better pitching staffs, the best bullpen in baseball and the best player in the NL. An NL that has no great teams so theres no reason to believe they cant do it at this point. And theres still deals that could be made to improve their standing and a GM who proved this offseason is willing to pull that trigger.

2.) The pirates arent a cellar dwellar
3.) its not a must win.
4.) teams lose games. if you dont think every team in baseball has a bad stretch of games coming to them even against bad teams ur delusional.

5.) everyday some makes another over the top over reaction thread when theres nothing to react to. The season is long from over. The reds are in first and will be in first in Oct w/ a great shot to win in this mediocre NL.

Relax enjoy stop panicking every second of the way.

Its like if johnny cueto throws a ball in the dirt on the first pitch of the game someones gonna want to make a thread claiming hes lost his touch and needs to be traded or released or sent to the minors. Thats how bad its come to.

Relax, enjoy. They lost 2 games to the pirates big deal who cares, everyone does and everyone will multiple times this year. They probably win the next two and this same person will claim the reds are the clear cut WS faves.

End Rant #1 of Reds Season.

dubc47834
06-06-2012, 10:36 AM
1. Pre
2. Tend
3. Ers

You're kidding right...I'm sure many had the same thoughts about us back in 2010 about being cellar dwellers. Oh the Reds have sucked for 15 years and they havent done this and that and they wont pay players. Well guess what, we made the playoffs that year and have a really good shot at it this year. Who's to say that this years Pirates aren't us from 2010. They played good baseball for a long portion of last year and have an OK starting rotation with an excellent bullpen. IMHO your thinking is very immature.

texasdave
06-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Reds are and will be more contender than pretender unless Joey Votto goes down for a significant amount of playing time. If he does, Heaven help this team.

I'd rather have a root canal and a prostate exam than to lose to the lowly scumbag city of Pittsburg. Simulaneously?

mrherd05
06-06-2012, 10:53 AM
I was going with

1. First
2. Effing
3. Place

brm7675
06-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Why are people continuing to down play the Pirates?

dubc47834
06-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Why are people continuing to down play the Pirates?

I have no idea. Im not saying they will be in it at the end, but they have been making the right moves over the last year or so. I believe that they are about to turn that franchise around here pretty soon.

mrherd05
06-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Who do Reds fans downplay the Reds?

justincredible
06-06-2012, 11:40 AM
A must win series in the beginning of June. That's priceless.

lidspinner
06-06-2012, 12:07 PM
the Pirates are no longer cellar dwellars....they used to be, just like we used to be....but they have build a nice little team of scrappy players....CF and 3rd base seem to be the core that they are building around along with pitching.....they have a core of pitchers who seem to be pretty dag gone good and have the ability to shut you down....they have a mix of young pitchers to go along with AJBurnett.....me thinks the Pirates are here to stay for the next few years.....I am not privy to their minor league system and how strong they are but they have drafted a few studs these past few years....if they can get lucky and hit big on a few vets they could easily jump atop the central and be tough to beat......so to call them bottom feeders is weak. we will be fighting them for years to come...they are not the old Pirates anymore..

bmwreds31
06-06-2012, 12:22 PM
If everybody was honest with themselves. Unfortunately the reds are looked at as Pretenders by everyone else in the nation. We lived up to it in 2010. Strong team winning the division, than just plain and simple looked like we didnt belong by being swept and dominated by the Phillies.

Everybody will see that this year as we squeak by to win what is a terrible division. We need to dominate this division this year to be looked at as any different.

will5979
06-06-2012, 12:30 PM
If everybody was honest with themselves. Unfortunately the reds are looked at as Pretenders by everyone else in the nation. We lived up to it in 2010. Strong team winning the division, than just plain and simple looked like we didnt belong by being swept and dominated by the Phillies.

Everybody will see that this year as we squeak by to win what is a terrible division. We need to dominate this division this year to be looked at as any different.

This. Especially the last part.

herbdizzle
06-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Weak Ass Bench.

The Reds need to shore up their bench ASAP with either a trade, veteran waiver pick up or calling up Navarro & Janish. If the rumors of calling up Kris Negron are true the bench is even more laughable.

Ironman92
06-06-2012, 12:41 PM
A must win series in the beginning of June. That's priceless.

For the NBA yeah.

New York Red
06-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Since April 19th, the Reds have:

*Best record in the league
*2nd best team ERA in the league
*2nd most HRs in the league

Pretenders? LOL ... right. :laugh:

New York Red
06-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Who do Reds fans downplay the Reds?
It's only a handful of posters in Sundeck. All the Reds fans I personally know, they love this team and this team's future potential.