PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Insider says..

brm7675
06-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Best possible location for the Padres to trade Quentin would be our Reds...so what would you give up for him?

wvreds
06-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Im sure they would either Corcino or Cingrani along with Hamilton, and that is way too much, Id see maybe if theyd take Heisey along with a low level prospect

texasdave
06-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Padres still owe us from the Latos trade. Just put him on a plane and send him along. We'll call it even. :laugh:

mivers176
06-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Padres still owe us from the Latos trade. Just put him on a plane and send him along. We'll call it even. :laugh:

haha I totally agree!

lidspinner
06-06-2012, 12:25 PM
anyone have his contract status without me looking it up? I would say thats the main issue if we are looking into a trade here.

texasdave
06-06-2012, 12:27 PM
x

wvreds
06-06-2012, 12:28 PM
I beleive he is a FA after this season, hes making 7.25 million this season, he does have a bit of an injury history, Id look to acquire him, maybe theyd take Luddy back haha

jaydeebee21
06-06-2012, 02:07 PM
From what i gather he is a free agent

Wouldnt take a lot to get him probably, he has an extensive injury history and is out of contract at the end of the year.

he has missed at last 30 games each of the past 5 years (including this year) and is very poor defensively.

R_Webb18
06-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Im sure they would either Corcino or Cingrani along with Hamilton, and that is way too much, Id see maybe if theyd take Heisey along with a low level prospect

i doubt they think they could get that

kg112686
06-06-2012, 05:07 PM

Absolutely no way they would ask for this. That is a top 25 prospect and a top 100 prospect for a rental player. Last year the Mets traded Carlos Beltran for Zack Wheeler who at the time was Baseball America's #55 prospect. While Quentin is a little younger than Beltran was, Beltran was healthy for the whole year last year. I would say one of our better pitching prospects and Heisey might get the deal done. Just my opinion though.

brm7675
06-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Absolutely no way they would ask for this. That is a top 25 prospect and a top 100 prospect for a rental player. Last year the Mets traded Carlos Beltran for Zack Wheeler who at the time was Baseball America's #55 prospect. While Quentin is a little younger than Beltran was, Beltran was healthy for the whole year last year. I would say one of our better pitching prospects and Heisey might get the deal done. Just my opinion though.

Problem is I doubt Walt will even pick up the phone to ask SD what it would take....

OneManBand
06-06-2012, 06:19 PM
My thought was they were interested in Chris Heisey during the discussion of Latos. He'd be included as would probably Kyle Lotzkar or Danny Corcino. My hope is we do the deal. Corcino is legit, but if this team wants to position it self for a run.. Having a guy who in just 6 games already has 5 HRs and 2 multi homer games. I'd actually try to include perhaps a bullpen arm like Arredondo, because we are going to have Bray at some point and Masset. Then who moves out of the pen?

Heisey, Arredondo, & Lotzkar to the Pads for Carlos Quentin & Cash ($3.5 Million owed - Say $1 Million to the Reds).

Key to this deal is that Quentin is a RH bat. Insert him in-between Votto and Bruce and move Phillips into the leadoff or #2 hole. That is a sick lineup and if healthy and lineup that can take not only a division but a pennant.

Redleg
06-06-2012, 06:32 PM
I think giving up Heisey is too much with a top prospect. Heisey could be Quentin if he played everyday. Not as much power but Quentin is a .250 career hitter. I think he would help the team but no way would I give up Heisey, Hamilton, Cingrani or Corcino to get him. Don't think the Pads would want really anthing else in the system.

brm7675
06-06-2012, 06:34 PM
My thought was they were interested in Chris Heisey during the discussion of Latos. He'd be included as would probably Kyle Lotzkar or Danny Corcino. My hope is we do the deal. Corcino is legit, but if this team wants to position it self for a run.. Having a guy who in just 6 games already has 5 HRs and 2 multi homer games. I'd actually try to include perhaps a bullpen arm like Arredondo, because we are going to have Bray at some point and Masset. Then who moves out of the pen?

Heisey, Arredondo, & Lotzkar to the Pads for Carlos Quentin & Cash ($3.5 Million owed - Say $1 Million to the Reds).

Key to this deal is that Quentin is a RH bat. Insert him in-between Votto and Bruce and move Phillips into the leadoff or #2 hole. That is a sick lineup and if healthy and lineup that can take not only a division but a pennant.

I think due to a bidding war that will happen, it will take much more...

arkimadee
06-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Latos :)

Ironman92
06-06-2012, 10:43 PM
The Rays just designated a powerful lefty (Allen).....he was out of option but is way better than any lefty we have available and his price should be good.

Krawhitham
06-07-2012, 01:24 AM
i doubt they think they could get that

Why not they got most of the farm system for Latos. They will take the rest for Quentin

The DARK
06-07-2012, 02:33 AM
I think due to a bidding war that will happen, it will take much more...

Doubtful. Arredondo is a real prize there... he could easily be converted into a closer and be one of the most valuable players on the team, then flipped for a good return. They also get a cost-guaranteed outfielder in Heisey and a rising prospect in Lotzkar. All that for half a season of a player we could have signed in the offseason (and whose performance has been a mix of brilliant and injured)... all we're really getting in true value is the money that San Diego is willing to put up and certainty and that the investment will be in a worthwhile time period. Is that worth two solid cost-controlled players and a prospect? I'm not sure it is.

herbdizzle
06-07-2012, 09:09 AM
I would not trade any prospects for Quentin. I'd offer San Diego their choice of Stubbs/Heisey & Ondrusek/Bray/Hoover. Straight up. If they say no I look elsewhere.

Girevik
06-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Problem is I doubt Walt will even pick up the phone to ask SD what it would take....

Based on what, exactly? The Reds were one of the most active teams this off season (if not the most active), they were in on Cliff Lee to the very end when no one was talkinga bout them as being a player....what about that makes you think he would hit on his hands?

Pony Boy
06-07-2012, 10:14 AM
I would not trade any prospects for Quentin. I'd offer San Diego their choice of Stubbs/Heisey & Ondrusek/Bray/Hoover. Straight up. If they say no I look elsewhere.

We are going to need Ondrusek for the playoff run. And as much as people complain about Stubbs, we would have a hard time replacing him. I would hope that neither player would be a part of the package.

lidspinner
06-07-2012, 12:06 PM

herb.....do you not think that is to steep for just a rental? man I know Stubbs makes us all mad but batting in front of Joey has helped him and his speed in CF is not something that we have seen since the days of ole 44 magnum....Logan is a guy I think can work himself into any bullpen in the MLB, he is that tough....he still needs some seasoning but he is the man and he will be a staple to any bullpen for the next 5 years at least....I want that to be here....not to mention I think Logan can go a few innings if needed or be that one batter special....he is that good....in 2 years he might just be the MVP of our pen not named Chapman.

I agree that CQ would look good in Red in LF, but man, I would offer them a weak package and tell them to take it or leave it...make sure you offer them at least a starter....say Heisey, he would instantly take LF and be good, not great but his D would be light years better than what they have in CQ.....lets be honest, CQ is not staying SD after this year anyway so they just might bite.

brm7675
06-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Based on what, exactly? The Reds were one of the most active teams this off season (if not the most active), they were in on Cliff Lee to the very end when no one was talkinga bout them as being a player....what about that makes you think he would hit on his hands?

Walt made two deals. One with SD, one with Chicago. He obtained what "he and Dusty" felt this team lacked and that was pitching. What other deals did he do to strength this team in the off season from a bench perspective?

brm7675
06-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Doubtful. Arredondo is a real prize there... he could easily be converted into a closer and be one of the most valuable players on the team, then flipped for a good return. They also get a cost-guaranteed outfielder in Heisey and a rising prospect in Lotzkar. All that for half a season of a player we could have signed in the offseason (and whose performance has been a mix of brilliant and injured)... all we're really getting in true value is the money that San Diego is willing to put up and certainty and that the investment will be in a worthwhile time period. Is that worth two solid cost-controlled players and a prospect? I'm not sure it is.

Other teams will offer more...