PDA

View Full Version : what might Chapman bring

brm7675
06-06-2012, 04:50 PM
With how well Chapman is doing...it would be interesting to see on the trade market what some team might be willing to give up to get him...

Ironman92
06-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Depends on need.

Reds would get horn-swaddled just like usual. Prolly trade him straight up for Rey Ordonez and Devon White.

miamiredskin
06-06-2012, 11:36 PM
i would take Soriano for him. in a heartbeat.

R_Webb18
06-07-2012, 12:18 AM
i would take Soriano for him. in a heartbeat.

ouch. glad ur not gm. that is unreal.

joshua
06-07-2012, 01:13 AM
Chapman brings the heat and brings fans and media attention to GABP. That's more valuable than what we could probably get for him unless he's pitching like this as a starter. In that case he's invaluable. What could we get for one or two years of that kind of production as a TOR pitcher? We could probably name our price.

jhiller21
06-07-2012, 02:46 AM
He's far too valuable, even as a closer, to give him up for anything at this point would be baseball sacrilege.

As for Soriano? You have to be kidding. Chapman is blowing hitters away and making them look ridiculous at the plate. There's no way that trade would happen.

Helms1
06-07-2012, 08:35 AM
I think the only player I would trade Chapman for right now is Chapman as a starter, and with the way he is finishing games I'm not sure I would even make that trade.

Pony Boy
06-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Josh Hamilton

UPRedsFan
06-07-2012, 10:29 AM
This is interesting to think about just to see how valuable he would really be on the trade market. Contract situations not withstanding who's one player you would pull the trigger for in a straight up deal?

Kemp?
Kershaw?
Longoria?
Cano?
Hamilton?
Braun?
Stanton?

Helms1
06-07-2012, 10:35 AM
This is interesting to think about just to see how valuable he would really be on the trade market. Contract situations not withstanding who's one player you would pull the trigger for in a straight up deal?

Kemp?
Kershaw?
Longoria?
Cano?
Hamilton?
Braun?
Stanton?

Kemp, Kershaw or Stanton, but he is the biggest sensation in baseball right know, most people just don't know it, yet. It will happen this summer to the great benefit of the Reds and their box office. That said, I say keep him happy with red meat and strippers and turn him loose in the 9th when needed.

brm7675
06-07-2012, 11:29 AM
How can you be a big sensation when you only play 1 inning a game and on average only 1-2 games per week?

Helms1
06-07-2012, 11:44 AM
How can you be a big sensation when you only play 1 inning a game and on average only 1-2 games per week?

Wait and see. He keeps this up he will be the toast of baseball.

Ironman92
06-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Stanton and Kemp

Red Buckeye
06-07-2012, 12:30 PM
He IS the best closer in baseball right now. And I love it. I wouldn't even think about trading him or making him a SP.
Does anyone else worry if he becomes a SP hitters might start to catch up to his fastball a 3rd time around?
I mean why change anything with him right now. If the Reds have 1 or 2 run lead heading into the 9th the game is practically over. Since when could you say that about any of the Reds closers?

Keep Chapman as a closer...it's working great,

brm7675
06-07-2012, 12:50 PM
He IS the best closer in baseball right now. And I love it. I wouldn't even think about trading him or making him a SP.
Does anyone else worry if he becomes a SP hitters might start to catch up to his fastball a 3rd time around?
I mean why change anything with him right now. If the Reds have 1 or 2 run lead heading into the 9th the game is practically over. Since when could you say that about any of the Reds closers?

Keep Chapman as a closer...it's working great,

So you want to keep your best pitcher to pitching 1-2 innings a week?

R_Webb18
06-07-2012, 01:05 PM

for now yea.

i wonder how many loses we would have if he was not in bullpen. id guess atleast 2 or 3.

before he got hurt the yankess had 1 of there best pitchers pitching twice a week.

a great closer can mean a lot

Red Buckeye
06-07-2012, 03:57 PM

Yes. A dominant closer is important, and like I said, when the Reds are up by 1 or 2 runs in the 9th, the game is over.

P.E.R#14
06-07-2012, 04:18 PM
ouch. glad ur not gm. that is unreal.

Seriously :thumbup:

topsyt
06-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Anyone remember the year preceding the signing of Cordero? Chappy is where he is needed. If he starts who closes?

will5979
06-07-2012, 04:23 PM
A few things...

1. JMO, but I think its insane to even mention trading this man.

2. He is FAR too valuable both as a closer, national attention from the media and fans, and people buy tickets just to see him pitch.

3. If its Game 7 of the World Series, 9th inning, we are up by 1 and just need 3 outs to earn our 6th ring, then the only man in MLB I trust more than ANY to get those 3 outs is none other than #54 Aroldis Chapman.

P.E.R#14
06-07-2012, 04:26 PM
There isn't a closer in the game worth getting in a combo deal for Chapman. Not to mention he's had some run-ins with the law here recently.

Soriano, sorry, but there just isn't any reason the Reds and Soriano should talk.

Stanton or Kemp would be amazing, but likely? No.

Chapman stays a Red (closer) and Madsen looks for work elsewhere.