PDA

View Full Version : Little Red Machine - World Series Bound?

big boy
06-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Some dude on bestbaseballblog.com says the Reds could get to the World Series (http://www.thebestbaseballblog.com/little-red-machine.html).

Is he right?

texasdave
06-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Reds stay healthy they will be in the playoffs. No depth though. Injuries could derail this team.

webbbj
06-06-2012, 10:26 PM
why not. some would like to call us pretenders.

We may not be the top team in the playoffs but this isnt 2010 w/ a great team like philly had. The NL is as parody driven as its ever been. There are no great teams and anyone who makes the playoffs has a chance.

Maker_84
06-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Reds stay healthy they will be in the playoffs. No depth though. Injuries could derail this team.

this. dont have the hitting to win a World Series even if healthy but winning one playoff series would be nice

brm7675
06-07-2012, 01:56 PM
this. dont have the hitting to win a World Series even if healthy but winning one playoff series would be nice

Rangers had ton of hitting last year and the previous year...what did that get them?

Z-Fly
06-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Rangers had ton of hitting last year and the previous year...what did that get them?

Uhh.. Back to Back World Series trips. :dunno:

P.E.R#14
06-07-2012, 02:21 PM
If the Reds continue to play Exactly this type of baseball for the rest of the season, they will probably miss the playoffs. Now, before you rip my head off about winning series and everything else, The Cardinals (who I am beginning to dislike as much as Mich) are plagued with inuries and no doubt will make a run at some point in the season. The Reds starting pitching has been solid but not impressive. The bullpen is above average as a whole, and Aroldis Chapman has been literally flawless. The offense has been most disappointing and holes in LF and 3B need to be filled ,and the bench is possibly the thinnest in the league.

So glad to be in first, but when the NL Central levels out, I think MIL and STL make significant efforts toward the top of the division. In my opinion, this Reds team needs either a couple of bats to wake up or the addition of some new talent to truly compete this season.

Go Reds!

brm7675
06-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Uhh.. Back to Back World Series trips. :dunno:

So? if you don't win, it don't mean a thing, no one remembers who lost....:thumbup:

texasdave
06-07-2012, 03:24 PM
You remembered. It was the Texas Rangers. That's why you brought them up.

brm7675
06-07-2012, 03:24 PM
If the Reds continue to play Exactly this type of baseball for the rest of the season, they will probably miss the playoffs. Now, before you rip my head off about winning series and everything else, The Cardinals (who I am beginning to dislike as much as Mich) are plagued with inuries and no doubt will make a run at some point in the season. The Reds starting pitching has been solid but not impressive. The bullpen is above average as a whole, and Aroldis Chapman has been literally flawless. The offense has been most disappointing and holes in LF and 3B need to be filled ,and the bench is possibly the thinnest in the league.

So glad to be in first, but when the NL Central levels out, I think MIL and STL make significant efforts toward the top of the division. In my opinion, this Reds team needs either a couple of bats to wake up or the addition of some new talent to truly compete this season.

Go Reds!

Okay then "whoom" do you see winning the Central?

brm7675
06-07-2012, 03:26 PM
You remembered. It was the Texas Rangers. That's why you brought them up.

That's now, in 5-10 years most won't remember. How many people remember who the loser was in the 2002 WS or the 1995 WS and so on. If you don't win then it doesn't matter, you are no different then the other 28 teams that didn't win it.

P.E.R#14
06-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Okay then "whoom" do you see winning the Central?

Still hopeful it will be the Reds, just need to stay healthy, pick up a left-handed bat and fill some holes.

Why "whoom?"

will5979
06-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Sans any MAJOR injuries we win the division hands down, and have a decent shot of winning the NL Pennant if we don't have to face the Natty Lites!

Redsfansince72
06-07-2012, 10:39 PM
they have to 1) get a true leadoff hitter that puts fear in the opposing team, 2) get a big bat to protect Votto that hits.. 3) get a better bench for late game pinch hitting and all the starters have to be better..not just Cueto

Maker_84
06-07-2012, 10:43 PM
they have to 1) get a true leadoff hitter that puts fear in the opposing team, 2) get a big bat to protect Votto that hits.. 3) get a better bench for late game pinch hitting and all the starters have to be better..not just Cueto

Thats waaaay too many needs for this team to compete

will5979
06-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Thats waaaay too many needs for this team to compete

No one to blame but those stupid old farts Castenelli and Jocketty.

Maker_84
06-07-2012, 10:53 PM
I have a feeling Cleveland is gonna pound us like last year and send us into a spiral to end the season.

will5979
06-07-2012, 11:02 PM
I have a feeling Cleveland is gonna pound us like last year and send us into a spiral to end the season.

Yep.

chuck6660
06-08-2012, 12:07 AM
To answer an earlier question, yes the Reds are in first place. but not playing well the last two series against Division rivals. I fear that St. Louis will start to get guys healthy and make a run in the second half of the season. I think Milwaukee has too many issues to get back into contention and I expect the pirates to fold as they did last year, they are getting better but still a couple players away from being a serious contender.

All this said, the division is the Reds to win; however my "gut" says that the Redbirds wear the crown in Sept. :thumbdown: