PDA

View Full Version : Last night's loss stings, BAD.

will5979
06-08-2012, 07:34 AM
Went to bed depressed, woke up depressed, not good.

I was going to come out to Sunday night's game but there is no way I'm spending my hard earned money watching a team that went to Yankee Stadium and won a series but could not win at least one damn series against Pittsburgh.

lidspinner
06-08-2012, 08:38 AM
why do people keep acting as if the Pirates are chumps? the Pirates are a great up and coming ball club that should be contenders for the next few years if they stay healthy and keep their young talent while still adding some vet leadership ala the 2010 Reds.....We need to quit treating the Pirates like the Pirates of yesterday, they are in it for the future whether we like it or not....

with that said, yes we should have won last night and it was depressing....I still think we turn it around this weekend with a packed house all 3 games....I am hoping we open the Baseball worlds eyes this weekend....Detroit is hurting and this is our chance to stomp them down....We are still 2 games in the lead, lets try to come out of this series 3 games in the lead and all will be fine....If we dont beat the Pirates we need to hope everyone else does....all we need is a better record than them, we dont even need to beat them once all year if they cant beat anyone else....thats the beauty of Baseball

Red Buckeye
06-08-2012, 08:47 AM
I have decided to accept the fact that for whatever reason the Reds don't play well against the Pirates. They are "That" team to the Reds.

Kinda like how the Reds have owned Houston over the years.

I wouldn't worry about last night. I expect them to take 2 of 3 from Detroit.

PumpFak3First
06-08-2012, 08:49 AM
Going to bed depressed and waking up depressed over a baseball game is kind of alarming. Maybe you should talk to someone. That's a bigger problem.

will5979
06-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Going to bed depressed and waking up depressed over a baseball game is kind of alarming. Maybe you should talk to someone. That's a bigger problem.

Dude, I'm 33. Reds baseball is what I have outside of my family, when they win, I win and vice versa.

When I go on vacation in a few weeks I'm not going to pay attention to baseball until I get back from the beach. So I am also taking a vacation from the Reds as well. Lol

Stray
06-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Dude this is baseball. You are going to play and lose a lot of games every year...lighten up.

Red Buckeye
06-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Dude, I'm 33. Reds baseball is what I have outside of my family, when they win, I win and vice versa.

When I go on vacation in a few weeks I'm not going to pay attention to baseball until I get back from the beach. So I am also taking a vacation from the Reds as well. Lol

Wow man sorry you are getting attacked so much. You need help because you are sad about the loss last night? LOL!

I feel ya man, it was a crummy loss.

Look at the bright side, we still have a 2 game lead and it wasn't too long ago we were 5 1/2 out.

It's all good.

brm7675
06-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Last nights loss didn't bother me at all, it's the losses of games you had won that drive me crazy. We never were going to win last nights game, and proof of that was seen throughout the game.

R_Webb18
06-08-2012, 10:47 AM
you sound like a great fan. or wait you only are when they win

brm7675
06-08-2012, 10:49 AM
you sound like a great fan. or wait you only are when they win

Losses are part of the game, you can't go bonkers over every loss.

krm1580
06-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Last night's loss was terrible, but I have to agree with BRM on this. There are some games your team is just destined to lose and last night was one of them.

Think about it, you have Michael McKenry, a .185 hitting catcher who strikes out at a rate that would embarrass Drew Stubbs yet he is able to get a clutch sac fly in the 7th and a double off Aroldis Chapman on a 1-2 count for the winning run.

Red Buckeye
06-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Losses are part of the game, you can't go bonkers over every loss.

I can totally relate. It was a tough loss, not as tough as a loss if the Reds lost 1st place or something like that, but it was frustrating to watch the Reds tie it, give it up, tie it, give it up, tie it, give it up, get a LO double from Joey in the 10th only to have them lose in the end.

Maker_84
06-08-2012, 12:57 PM
as bad as the Reds are playing i expect them to take 2/3 from Detroit. The cleveland series will cause us major problems though just like last season

brm7675
06-08-2012, 01:46 PM
and were probably gonna lose tonight against Verlander as well, especially with Latos pitching

tigers are under .500
that Verlander guy has lost 4 in a row

I say we take 1 of 3....;-)

brm7675
06-08-2012, 01:55 PM
as bad as the Reds are playing i expect them to take 2/3 from Detroit. The cleveland series will cause us major problems though just like last season

Aren't the Indians playing the Cards in St. Louis this weekend. HUGE series adn the Pirates get the Royals, who are another up and coming frachise with some nice young players. Interesting weekend ahead...we go in 2 up...how will we come out....:confused:

Maker_84
06-08-2012, 02:10 PM
St louis is catching up to us but i cant cheer against them this weekend because i hate Cleveland too much

malcontent
06-08-2012, 02:36 PM
why do people keep acting as if the Pirates are chumps? the Pirates are a great up and coming ball club that should be contenders for the next few years if they stay healthy and keep their young talent while still adding some vet leadership ala the 2010 Reds.....We need to quit treating the Pirates like the Pirates of yesterday, they are in it for the future whether we like it or not....

Agreed.

Larkin88
06-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Jesus, people need to lighten up a little bit. The Reds lost a game and a series to a division foe that always plays us tough. That's going to happen. Even more shocking? There's a chance the Reds may not be in first place by themselves for the entire remainder of the season.

It's June. The team is up two games and still haven't played their best baseball. Get a little perspective and take a deep breath. We'll be okay.

TheBigLebowski
06-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Last nights loss didn't bother me at all, it's the losses of games you had won that drive me crazy. We never were going to win last nights game, and proof of that was seen throughout the game.

One of the few times I've agreed with you 100%. The evidence was overwhelming. The Reds were just teasing us last night. That being said, it was a bitter, bitter loss....I threw the remote across the room and was kicked out of the bedroom by the lady. I'm still paying for that.