PDA

View Full Version : Chapmans woes

chuck6660
06-11-2012, 12:31 AM
I was wondering, could Chapmans bizarre off-field issues start becoming issues on the field? First I see headlines over here that he is being sued for 18 Million dollars by a guy jailed in Cuba, then I read that he was arrested for driving 93 MPH and on a suspended license outside Columbus in the early morning hours of home game :confused:. a week later an even more bizarre event takes place in a Pittsbugh Hotel Room, a robbery where his "girlfriend" is tied-up...then she is questioned/implicated in the robbery:eek:

Perhaps the Reds need to hire someone to watch out for Chapman, like the Cowboys had a "minder" for Pacman Jones.

There's no way all these recent Bizzaro events can not effect a young man in a foreign land.

Ironman92
06-11-2012, 12:32 AM
No

Cicero2.0
06-11-2012, 12:35 AM
I was wondering, could Chapmans bizarre off-field issues start becoming issues on the field? First I see headlines over here that he is being sued for 18 Million dollars by a guy jailed in Cuba, then I read that he was arrested for driving 93 MPH and on a suspended license outside Columbus in the early morning hours of home game :confused:. a week later an even more bizarre event takes place in a Pittsbugh Hotel Room, a robbery where his "girlfriend" is tied-up...then she is questioned/implicated in the robbery:eek:

Perhaps the Reds need to hire someone to watch out for Chapman, like the Cowboys had a "minder" for Pacman Jones.

There's no way all these recent Bizzaro events can not effect a young man in a foreign land.

He certainly needs a mentor. The robbery situation shows that he might have the wrong kind of friends and associates and a naive kid with a boatload of money in his pocket can be prone to trouble.

malcontent
06-11-2012, 12:41 AM
Yeah, I agree he could use a minder.

He could also use an ump or two that don't make phantom HBP calls.

Batters are going to pull away from 100-mph inside heat as if they got hit.

jhiller21
06-11-2012, 05:13 AM
Yeah, I agree he could use a minder.

He could also use an ump or two that don't make phantom HBP calls.

Batters are going to pull away from 100-mph inside heat as if they got hit.

A 100 mph heater will always get the HBP call if it brushes a hitter's dust molecule that floated off his jersey. Angel Hernandez also had a rough night behind the plate.

Assembly Hall
06-11-2012, 07:44 AM
I definitely think that the off-field issues will spill over onto the game of play. Did they last night? Only Chappy knows that.