PDA

View Full Version : last night proved...

brm7675
06-11-2012, 09:15 AM
It's time to remove the human element...last nights game was a joke from the home plate umpire...

swaisuc
06-11-2012, 09:49 AM
It proved for the 520th time that Angel Hernandez needs fired. I'm still against replay though. He's on his own planet when it comes to terrible umpiring.

Outrider
06-11-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm against removing the human element too, it's what helps make baseball what it is.
Besides, what would we complain about if we don't have the umps? :p

will5979
06-11-2012, 09:57 AM
What last night really proved?

We should start looking forward to football season.

lidspinner
06-11-2012, 10:42 AM
I'm against removing the human element too, it's what helps make baseball what it is.
Besides, what would we complain about if we don't have the umps? :p

I will give you one guess and his name rhymes with Crusty.
I will give you a 2nd guess if your still wondering...he wears full attire to manage a ball club, rumor has it he wears spikes as well.
In case your on another planet, the guy owns stock in toothpicks.

Stray
06-11-2012, 10:45 AM
There's no accountability for umpires. They have to do something outrageous to get suspended, and even then it's just for a game or two. The most frustrating part to me is how each umpire has their own strikezone and that's just the norm. There's one strikezone that should apply to all umpires, and if they can't handle it then they should be demoted.

Also last night was just an umpire having it out to get a guy. Ludwick complained early on and Hernandez didn't like it, so he spent the rest of the game sending Ludwick a message. No place for that in baseball, especially in one run games.

code
06-11-2012, 10:54 AM
last night was straight up embarrassing. For the Reds and the game of baseball.

GoReds19
06-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Last night proved that Simon and Arredondo need to switch roles.

Outrider
06-12-2012, 08:40 AM
I will give you one guess and his name rhymes with Crusty.
I will give you a 2nd guess if your still wondering...he wears full attire to manage a ball club, rumor has it he wears spikes as well.
In case your on another planet, the guy owns stock in toothpicks.

Touché!

mu4103
06-12-2012, 09:00 PM
You are 100% correct a bad umpire proves that we need video umpiring.

1. The strike zone should be used directly off MLB Game-day as long as it is not blacked out.

2. All hitters should be given three options each game as to what pitch is being thrown: phone a friend, eliminate two choices, ask the fans.

3. If the players get tired or are in a slump they can use the auto-skip button and skip to a game they want to play.

4. All home runs should be decided by 3 independent computer programs and 2 of the 3 must meet the criteria for it to be a homerun. If a bunt is accidently recorded as a homerun by one computer and an out by the other two computers then the difference will be split and a double will be given.

5. In the American League teams wil have the option of using ghost men.

You are a genius. Now it is proven ...

mu4103
06-12-2012, 09:06 PM