PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs to DL; Harris to Cincinnati

RedsFanInBama
06-15-2012, 06:07 PM
So there it is.

Also, Massett transferred to 60-day DL.

Edit: I'm confused as to the Massett move. Wasn't Harris already on the 40-man? Or did he have to clear waivers when he was sent down before?

takealeake
06-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo

brm7675
06-15-2012, 06:32 PM
You know..just when you think it can't get any worse....it does...

RedsFanInBama
06-15-2012, 06:34 PM
You know..just when you think it can't get any worse....it does...

I think it can get a lot worse. We are in first place, after all. I know we don't have as many wins as this time last year, but we're still doing pretty well, all things considered.

Red Raindog
06-15-2012, 06:44 PM
If it is retroactive he could be back quickly -- do we know the details?

RedsFanInBama
06-15-2012, 06:46 PM
If it is retroactive he could be back quickly -- do we know the details?

From what I have gathered on twitter, it is retroactive to 6/6. So he could be back late next week. Maybe Thursday or Friday?

brm7675
06-15-2012, 06:52 PM
I think it can get a lot worse. We are in first place, after all. I know we don't have as many wins as this time last year, but we're still doing pretty well, all things considered.

If you are okay with mediocre play and just a 3 game lead on teh Pirates (worse hitting team in baseball) and the Cards (MASH unit this year) then hey great...I am not, I want, no I expect us to have a minimum of 9-12 game lead at this point and we don't. We lost 2 out 3 to those Pirates, and 2 out of 3 to the Tigers when we should have swept them. I am tired of not being the team this talent should be at...if you are, then you must have loved the teams of the 80's and mid 90's...:thumbup:

RedsFanInBama
06-15-2012, 06:54 PM
If you are okay with mediocre play and just a 3 game lead on teh Pirates (worse hitting team in baseball) and the Cards (MASH unit this year) then hey great...I am not, I want, no I expect us to have a minimum of 9-12 game lead at this point and we don't. We lost 2 out 3 to those Pirates, and 2 out of 3 to the Tigers when we should have swept them. I am tired of not being the team this talent should be at...if you are, then you must have loved the teams of the 80's and mid 90's...:thumbup:

We're 8 games over .500. You're damn right I'm ok with that. Your problem is that you know nothing about the game of baseball, and yet you dominate the conversation on this board, thus tricking yourself into thinking you know what you're talking about.

brm7675
06-15-2012, 06:57 PM
We're 8 games over .500. You're damn right I'm ok with that. You're problem is that you know nothing about the game of baseball, and yet you dominate the conversation on this board, thus tricking yourself into thinking you know what you're talking about.

If you are okay with 8 then I am happy for you, having "lowered expectations" I guess is okay for some...it's not for me. I see the talent we have and if used correctly and the right players obtained, this team can win and win big. But instead we don't...

P.E.R#14
06-15-2012, 07:00 PM
We're 8 games over .500. You're damn right I'm ok with that. You're problem is that you know nothing about the game of baseball, and yet you dominate the conversation on this board, thus tricking yourself into thinking you know what you're talking about.

AMEN

I think everyone here would agree that the Reds have struggled in more than one area this year. With that being said, who cares what the rest of the division is doing? We're in First Place! We're one of six teams in MLB who can claim that. Also, the Pirates aren't the Pirates of the last 19 years. They're young but talented.

Go Reds!!

RedsFanInBama
06-15-2012, 07:04 PM
If you are okay with 8 then I am happy for you, having "lowered expectations" I guess is okay for some...it's not for me. I see the talent we have and if used correctly and the right players obtained, this team can win and win big. But instead we don't...

Arguing with you is exhausting. I give up.

brm7675
06-15-2012, 07:09 PM
Arguing with you is exhausting. I give up.

Nothing to argue..we just have different expecations of our team.

RedsFanInBama
06-15-2012, 07:17 PM
Nothing to argue..we just have different expecations of our team.

Agreed. One realistic, one not.

brm7675
06-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Agreed. One realistic, one not.

So you are saying the Reds are not that good? That being 12+ games over .500 is not relistic? Have you seen the Nationals or the Dodgers? Neither team better then the Reds overall in talent, yet Nationals are 38/23 or 15 games over .500, meanwhile the Dodgers, whom are without their best player and maybe best player in MLB right now are...wait for it...16 games over .500. Why are they so good...they have talent...but they also have very good managers who get the most out of their talent. That is where the Reds should be...not where they are.

RedsFanInBama
06-15-2012, 07:49 PM
So you are saying the Reds are not that good? That being 12+ games over .500 is not relistic? Have you seen the Nationals or the Dodgers? Neither team better then the Reds overall in talent, yet Nationals are 38/23 or 15 games over .500, meanwhile the Dodgers, whom are without their best player and maybe best player in MLB right now are...wait for it...16 games over .500. Why are they so good...they have talent...but they also have very good managers who get the most out of their talent. That is where the Reds should be...not where they are.

Go look at your fantasy baseball suggestions in the other thread and you'll know why I'm calling you unrealistic.

brm7675
06-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Go look at your fantasy baseball suggestions in the other thread and you'll know why I'm calling you unrealistic.

Sorry but Bob and Walt eliminated the ability to cry poor when he signed Votto and Phillips to those deals, plus the deals for Bruce, Cueto and others. The monies are there...they just need to be spent better.

smixsell
06-15-2012, 08:01 PM

Spot on BRM!

However, I must add that I am fairly happy with where the team are right now because:

1) the team miles ahead of where I expected to be with Dusty still in charge, :)

2) because most of our key players are locked up for long enough to insure that they get to play under our next (and hopefully tactically competent) manager. :beerme: and

3) and the new kids (Mes, Zack, and Frazier) sure look like THE REAL DEAL to me!!! :beerme:

PS I think #1 is due to Dusty is managing better with the proverbial "gun to his head," and the fact that the team is "self motivating" better.

smixsell
06-15-2012, 08:13 PM
on Harris being called up.............:angry: :bang: :cry: :alcohol:

RedsFanInBama
06-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Sorry but Bob and Walt eliminated the ability to cry poor when he signed Votto and Phillips to those deals, plus the deals for Bruce, Cueto and others. The monies are there...they just need to be spent better.

Monopoly money.

redobsession
06-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Willie freaking Harris.......AGAIN!!!!!!!! Stupid...Stupid......Stupid. when Walt could have just as easily added gathrite....lets see I can add the over the hill career. 238 hitter it the younger .258 career hitter with speed that is tearing up AAA pitching
.....grrrrrr Stupid
This has dusty written all over it.

malcontent
06-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Harris > Costanzo.

brm7675
06-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Monopoly money.

?

redobsession
06-16-2012, 12:51 AM
Harris > Costanzo.
!
That is like comparing cheating ex girlfriends ....is there really any difference. The argument could be made that costanza is better than wee Willy....look at their AAA #'S...Costanzas are certainly better. I mean really neither one is worth a bag of balls or a case of toothpicks to another team.

The DARK
06-16-2012, 01:00 AM
So there it is.

Also, Massett transferred to 60-day DL.

Edit: I'm confused as to the Massett move. Wasn't Harris already on the 40-man? Or did he have to clear waivers when he was sent down before?

Harris was outrighted to Louisville and had to clear waivers, so somebody had to get dropped from the 40-man.

While I'm certain the Stubbs DL is retroactive (Dusty was discussing it earlier in the week), I hope the Masset move is as well. It's the difference between saying nothing new on his return and saying that he had a major setback, as we've already passed the 60-game mark.

jwmann2
06-16-2012, 04:31 AM

What is our record against the Nationals this year? 2 and 5? As long as we win the division, we will be fine and this season will have been a success. I don't care of we end the season a 1/2 game over the Pirates, I just want the Reds to make the playoffs and it is a lonnnggggg season.