PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday To Sir Paul

GAC
06-18-2012, 04:58 AM
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID14650/images/paul_mccartney_001_032307.jpg

Happy Birthday, Paul McCartney: 70 Iconic Images for 70 Years

http://lightbox.time.com/2012/06/18/happy-birthday-paul-mccartney-70-iconic-images-for-70-years/#1

He may be 70, but that just makes me feel old too. I remember standing in-line with my older sister to see the premiere of A Hard Days Night. Just hard to believe it's been that long.

Happy Birthday Sir Paul. You sure have brought a lot of joy to my life with your music. That Cincy concert last August was one of the best I've ever seen. What energy. I hope you never retire!

:thumbup:

dougdirt
06-18-2012, 06:20 AM
Dusty and Paul.... long lost brothers? Look at those facial expressions above, they have to be.

KittyDuran
06-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Happy B-Day Paulie! I signed a large birthday card at the Rock & Roll HOF on Saturday (Cathy "heart symbol" Paulie). :)

Outrider
06-18-2012, 08:12 AM
Happy Bday to Sir Paul!

westofyou
06-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Always my favorite Beatle, a man who knows a hook when he found it

Sweetstop
06-18-2012, 10:30 AM
happy birthday, my good Sir! after that concert last summer, i'm completely yours. :)

cumberlandreds
06-18-2012, 10:49 AM
I always liked Paul. I was only 7 when the Beattles broke up so I don't remember him with them as much. But I remember him best with Wings. They had lots of good, catchy songs. I have a greatest hits CD of them and play it often.

sonny
06-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Can't believe his hair hasn't gone grey yet. :p

GAC
06-18-2012, 04:35 PM
If possible, name your all-time McCartney song. I know, it's very hard to do with his catalog (Beatle and afterwards), but I'd have to say one of my all-time favorites is Maybe I'm Amazed.

reds1869
06-18-2012, 05:23 PM
His concert in Cincinnati last year was spectacular. I still can't believe I got to see a legend like Sir Paul for under $20. Not only that, but his show surpassed every expectation I had.

westofyou
06-18-2012, 05:27 PM
If possible, name your all-time McCartney song. I know, it's very hard to do with his catalog (Beatle and afterwards), but I'd have to say one of my all-time favorites is Maybe I'm Amazed.

Junk, smile away, Uncle Albert... All great stuff from his first two solo albums

Sweetstop
06-18-2012, 05:43 PM
blackbird

Caveat Emperor
06-18-2012, 06:19 PM
His concert in Cincinnati last year was spectacular. I still can't believe I got to see a legend like Sir Paul for under $20. Not only that, but his show surpassed every expectation I had.

I took my fiance and we spent $65 for tickets between the two of us. In hindsight, I'd have gladly spent many times that much for tickets.

Roy Tucker
06-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Watching Electric Proms with Sir Paul now.

My fave Beatle still and such a catalog of songs. His voice has lasted well.

06-19-2012, 02:57 AM

Maybe not a favorite, maybe it is , but Her Majesty runs through my mind all the time. Or maybe Oh Darling.

GAC
06-19-2012, 04:47 AM
Junk, smile away, Uncle Albert... All great stuff from his first two solo albums

I love "Junk".... LOL

Buy Buy
Says the Sign in the Shop Window
Why Why
Says the Junk in the Yard

One of Paul's most off the wall songs has to be Monkberry Moon Delight. Over the years I've read all types of critiques assigning all types of meanings to this song (and some were just as off the wall IMO). Paul said this....

"When my kids were young they used to call milk 'monk' for whatever reason that kids do - I think it's magical the way that kids can develop better names for things than the real ones. In fact, as a joke, Linda and I still occasionally refer to an object by that child-language name. So, monk was always milk, and monkberry moon delight was a fantasy drink, rather like Love Potion No. 9, hence the line in the song, 'sipping monkberry moon delight'. It was a fantasy milk shake."

cumberlandreds
06-20-2012, 10:40 AM
I always liked Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey. I don't why but that was always a favorite of mine. Most his early Wings stuff is really good. Like I said earlier in this thread I liked his songs with Wings just as much or more than what I heard from the Beattles.