PDA

View Full Version : MLB.TV question

double2gap
06-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Hey guys, I am trying to set up MLB.TV through a streaming device for my Father-in-law and I was curious as to what is the difference between MLB.TV Premium and MLB.TV, besides the price. Any help would be appreciated.

texasdave
06-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Try this link.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp?&c_id=mlb&affiliateId=mlbMENU

double2gap
06-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Thanks, but I've been there. I guess my question is can you watch any team with either package? Or is MLB.TV limited? It is not very clear as to what you can watch on MLB.TV. You have all the info for MLB.TV Premium, but not so much for MLB.TV

texasdave
06-20-2012, 05:46 PM
Okay. I would think with either subscription you get all games subject to blackout restrictions. But not 100% sure of that. I get Premium so maybe someone else can be of more help.

double2gap
06-20-2012, 05:51 PM
Thanks Texasdave.

Red Raindog
06-20-2012, 06:36 PM
I believe you have to have the Premium to use Roku - XBox - etc -- I think the cheaper version only gets you the ability to view on a computer.

I have the Premium so I can only talk to that.

bigredmechanism
06-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks, but I've been there. I guess my question is can you watch any team with either package? Or is MLB.TV limited? It is not very clear as to what you can watch on MLB.TV. You have all the info for MLB.TV Premium, but not so much for MLB.TV

You will get ~155 games of any team (blackouts still accounted for - don't buy it if it's already on your cable etc. etc.) It doesn't matter if you have premium or standard; the only differences between those are: DVR, choice of broadcast, and high definition. The actual amount of games covered is unchanged with the packages, as far as I know.

Personally I think it's worth the extra 25 or so dollars to get Premium for the whole season. It's cool to use the DVR, sure, but IMO getting to choose your broadcast makes the package worth it. You know those games where Thom is getting whiny? No problem, switch it to Marty. And if Marty is being whiny, you can go to the other team's feed. Nice to have that option for me at least.