PDA

View Full Version : King felix

cincyredway
06-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Seen where Ken rosenthal suggests the mariners should trade Felix Hernandez for offense, and the mariners asked the cubs about Castro and the royals about butler but talks didn't progress. Not sure what it would take for the reds to acquire him,or even if they would be interested but if u combine him with cueto,latos, and Bailey that's an awesome staff and he's under team control through 2014.

R_Webb18
06-21-2012, 05:57 PM
he gets paid like 20m gl with that

MrRedLegger
06-21-2012, 06:14 PM
SP is our last concern in a trade deal. And since Seattle wants a good bat in return there's no way this would go down.

Kingspoint
06-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Think of what they gave up for Latos. They'd have to give up that, plus a whole lot more.

Ironman92
06-21-2012, 07:05 PM
No....he pitched 190 innings as a 20 year old and another 191 when he was 21....then 200 when he was 22.....then because you can't throw that many innings without ruining your arm he won the Cy Young at age 23.

Imagine how good he would've been had he pitched 100 at 20, 135 at 21, 165 at 22.

texasdave
06-21-2012, 07:19 PM
He threw 238 innings at age 23. At age 24 he threw 249. He won the Cy Young when he was 24.
There is a worrying trend though. At 23 his ERA+ was 171. At age 24 it was 174.
At age 25 109+. And so far at age 26 it is 105+. So in his last 47 starts he has been a slightly above average pitcher as far as ERA+ goes.
At 24 he averaged 7.3 inning per start. This year it is down to 6.7 innings per start.
I am not saying he can't or won't bounce back. But for the last year and almost a half the King has not been exactly a king.

brm7675
06-21-2012, 07:26 PM
He threw 238 innings at age 23. At age 24 he threw 249. He won the Cy Young when he was 24.
There is a worrying trend though. At 23 his ERA+ was 171. At age 24 it was 174.
At age 25 109+. And so far at age 26 it is 105+. So in his last 47 starts he has been a slightly above average pitcher as far as ERA+ goes.
At 24 he averaged 7.3 inning per start. This year it is down to 6.7 innings per start.
I am not saying he can't or won't bounce back. But for the last year and almost a half the King has not been exactly a king.

I think he would do very well his first year in the NL, it would take a year for the hitters to figure him out. But after that...who knows, also not sure what type of pitcher he is, because in Cincy it is better if you are not a fly ball pitcher.

But there is zero chance he ends up in Cincy unless we wanted to part with say Votto...

Krawhitham
06-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Seen where Ken rosenthal suggests the mariners should trade Felix Hernandez for offense, and the mariners asked the cubs about Castro and the royals about butler but talks didn't progress. Not sure what it would take for the reds to acquire him,or even if they would be interested but if u combine him with cueto,latos, and Bailey that's an awesome staff and he's under team control through 2014.

They want a MLB bat by the sounds of it. Only 2 players that fit that role that the Reds might give up are Bruce or Phillips

BluegrassRedleg
06-21-2012, 08:50 PM
If they're asking for a guy like Castro, the Reds are already out of the running.

Assembly Hall
06-22-2012, 07:25 AM
If they're asking for a guy like Castro, the Reds are already out of the running.

That's exactly what I thought!:thumbup:

The_Mudshark
06-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Think of what they gave up for Latos. They'd have to give up that, plus a whole lot more.

:thumbup: Truth.

nmculbreth
06-22-2012, 06:26 PM

Yep. You'd imagine the starting point would be Jay Bruce +

BluegrassRedleg
06-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Yep. You'd imagine the starting point would be Jay Bruce +

If they're asking for Castro, I'd expect them to start with Votto. :p

Hondo
06-23-2012, 08:02 PM
IMO, the market is what the Brewers gave for Greinke, what the Nationals gave for Gonzalez, & what the Reds gave for Latos... Go back and look at the Cliff Lee trade... The Randy Johnson trade.

The Market is set, and the fact that Felix makes $20 Million also hinders what clubs will give. Also, in my opinion if the Royals got offered Felix Hernandez for a package starting around Billy Butler and could keep Will Myers, but trade 3 other minor league prospects, and didn't do it... They are crazy.

Butler is a doubles machine but they wouldn't miss him. Especially for Felix... Plus I doubt this is true because the Mariners have Smoak at 1B & Montero at DH so it literally makes no sense...

So basically this deal would take MINOR LEAGUE Prospects...

Give them anyone but Billy Hamilton & I'm in...

Leake, Cozart, & Soto would be a good starting point.

R_Webb18
06-23-2012, 08:15 PM
IMO, the market is what the Brewers gave for Greinke, what the Nationals gave for Gonzalez, & what the Reds gave for Latos... Go back and look at the Cliff Lee trade... The Randy Johnson trade.

The Market is set, and the fact that Felix makes $20 Million also hinders what clubs will give. Also, in my opinion if the Royals got offered Felix Hernandez for a package starting around Billy Butler and could keep Will Myers, but trade 3 other minor league prospects, and didn't do it... They are crazy.

Butler is a doubles machine but they wouldn't miss him. Especially for Felix... Plus I doubt this is true because the Mariners have Smoak at 1B & Montero at DH so it literally makes no sense...

So basically this deal would take MINOR LEAGUE Prospects...

Give them anyone but Billy Hamilton & I'm in...

Leake, Cozart, & Soto would be a good starting point.

you must be rly lost

if the reds started there they would laugh in there face

[deleted]
06-24-2012, 03:31 AM
I refuse to believe the M's are shopping King around anywhere, much less for guys like Billy Butler. I mean, Butler's a fine player and all, but to even get Seattle's attention I would think you would have to start with a package roughly twice the size (talent-wise) of the one we gave up for Latos.

Hondo
06-24-2012, 06:23 PM
;2638479']I refuse to believe the M's are shopping King around anywhere, much less for guys like Billy Butler. I mean, Butler's a fine player and all, but to even get Seattle's attention I would think you would have to start with a package roughly twice the size (talent-wise) of the one we gave up for Latos.

Like I said... Go look at the Cliff Lee trades and the Randy Johnson trade.

Double what this team gave up for Latos? Where in HISTORY is there a comparable trade for you to use for the basis of that statement?

Larkin88
06-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Like I said... Go look at the Cliff Lee trades and the Randy Johnson trade.

Double what this team gave up for Latos? Where in HISTORY is there a comparable trade for you to use for the basis of that statement?

Lee trade was for a half-year rental. Hernandez's current contract runs through 2014. Not exactly apples to apples.

2x the Latos package is excessive, I agree. But it won't be anything less than the Latos package was either. Also, in a hypothetical world where the Reds do swing that deal, he's due $20 million the next two years. For the Reds to afford that, Seattle would have to eat some of that salary which would probably cost even more prospects.

Ironman92
06-25-2012, 02:45 PM
you must be rly lost

I must be lost as well...it's a starting point. 2 very young major league players and a good prospect for a guy who is very good, yet declining a bit and will be gone soon anyway.

OGB
06-26-2012, 03:17 AM
you must be rly lost

I agree. I'd think Leake, Cozart, Soto, Rodriguez, and Corcino would be closer to what the Mariners would consider as a starting point.

Hondo
06-27-2012, 01:56 AM
Lee trade was for a half-year rental. Hernandez's current contract runs through 2014. Not exactly apples to apples.

2x the Latos package is excessive, I agree. But it won't be anything less than the Latos package was either. Also, in a hypothetical world where the Reds do swing that deal, he's due $20 million the next two years. For the Reds to afford that, Seattle would have to eat some of that salary which would probably cost even more prospects.

I would agree that the $20 Million Salary is too much for this organization.