PDA

View Full Version : These last 6 games

will5979
06-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Except for yesterday have been nothing but a nightmare and disastrous. This team is screwed, stick a fork in them, they are D-O-N-E. Can't win 1 series against back-to-back crappy teams. :thumbdown:

brm7675
06-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Except for yesterday have been nothing but a nightmare and disastrous. This team is screwed, stick a fork in them, they are D-O-N-E. Can't win 1 series against back-to-back crappy teams. :thumbdown:

Okay so they are done...so what?

RedsFanInBama
06-24-2012, 04:05 PM
So, OP, you can go ahead and save yourself a lot of time and just stop watching the games and stop posting here.

realistic
06-24-2012, 04:12 PM
yay! we are done and in first place, who we get in the playoffs now?

Red Raindog
06-24-2012, 04:19 PM
I will say we are not playing like a team that deserves to be in first place - but it makes me smile that we happen to be there.

Maker_84
06-24-2012, 04:46 PM
The season isn't over but if they do make the playoffs i expect a 2010 playoff series all over again and may win 1 game. The team doesn't have the offense, the starting pitching outside of Cueto, and now all of a sudden they don't have a closer either. Remover dusty as manager in the offseason and Walt really needs to go after some offensive players in the offseason and let's start afresh.

will5979
06-24-2012, 05:31 PM
The season isn't over but if they do make the playoffs i expect a 2010 playoff series all over again and may win 1 game. The team doesn't have the offense, the starting pitching outside of Cueto, and now all of a sudden they don't have a closer either. Remover dusty as manager in the offseason and Walt really needs to go after some offensive players in the offseason and let's start afresh.

10-4, this is how I feel.

will5979
06-24-2012, 05:32 PM
So, OP, you can go ahead and save yourself a lot of time and just stop watching the games and stop posting here.

Well, there seems to be a problem. I have a Reds baseball addiction and have had it since 1985. It ain't going away.

TDogg
06-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Cardinals fan here. And I will tell the OP the same thing I tell my fellow St. Louis fans:

It's June.

Haven't played half the season yet. Looking forward to a good race with you Reds.

DirtyBaker
06-24-2012, 09:28 PM
So Chapman and Mark Berry screwed up today. I guarantee the OP (who I have already blocked, but someone reposted), isn't creating this thread if Chapman makes the save.

I thought Votto was clutch as ever, Leake was looking like Cueto, and Phillips' defense was good enough to best the Twins today. This one just hurts more because we could taste it with just two outs to go.

What about the six games before the last six?

malcontent
06-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Agreed. And Berry can go with Baker, which will be even more addition by subtraction.

NeilHamburger
06-24-2012, 11:15 PM
It was certainly a bad week. But, every team is going to have a few rough patches over a 162 game season. I just hope it doesn't snowball into something more. Will it, I don't know, they have some very good talent, but everything hasn't quite clicked as many thought it would yet.

will5979
06-24-2012, 11:42 PM
Everyone is like all it's early blah blah blah. Im going to remind every single one of you about games like the blown save vs the giants, Indians, and twins if we miss winning the division by a game. Our magical comebacks are not equalling out to our blown games. I'm worried about the state of this team, they just ain't as good as we thought they were.

bigredmechanism
06-24-2012, 11:56 PM
Everyone is like all it's early blah blah blah. Im going to remind every single one of you about games like the blown save vs the giants, Indians, and twins if we miss winning the division by a game. Our magical comebacks are not equalling out to our blown games. I'm worried about the state of this team, they just ain't as good as we thought they were.

The Reds are the only team that has lost close games this year?

Get off the ledge, man.

OGB
06-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Cardinals fan here. And I will tell the OP the same thing I tell my fellow St. Louis fans:

It's June.

Haven't played half the season yet. Looking forward to a good race with you Reds.

Most of the Cards fans I chatted with online prior to the season were super confident about this year. Hell, you are the defending champs. I, along with many forum members here, seemed to think the Cards were staring down the barrel of an injury plagued season. Have you been surprised so far? Either way, I'm not counting you guys out.

Larkin88
06-25-2012, 10:51 AM

Thank God. Then you can stop posting.

Please don't come back the next time the team wins eight wins out of ten. I'll be sure not to take anything you say seriously. Must be tough dealing with day to day life as fickle as you are.

Larkin88
06-25-2012, 10:58 AM

I sincerely don't think you're worried about the state of the team. I think you're taking great joy in rooting for them to fail so you can say I told you so. It's basically the entire point of this thread.

You say you've been a fan since '85. Surely you've learned how to taper expectations in that time. Whether their record reflected it for a few weeks or not, the Reds are not the best team in baseball. I'm sorry if you fell victim to believing that. But they aren't DONE or as bad as they've looked in the last two series... and may still be the best team in the division.

Come back here and complain about all of this in September if its all still the case. In the meantime, you're talking to a wall. These reactionary, fickle posts are a dime a dozen. You have nothing new to contribute.

MrRedLegger
06-25-2012, 11:39 AM
I would have really enjoyed talking about how World Series bound we are after going 2-1 against the Yankees. Or after sweeping the Braves in a 4 game series. Or maybe after we swept the Indians and then went on to go 3-0 against the Mets in New York.

But we never had that conversation.

You'd think someone would have something nice to say considering that for the last 40 days the team atop the NL Central has been the Cincinnati Reds, after being 5 behind that spot.

But we're stuck with conversations about lynching our manager.

We're stuck with discussions of a 24 year old millionaire hanging out with the wrong girl because he's the only person to do so in the history of mankind.

We're stuck with opinions that a division leading team is somehow, after only 71 games, "D-O-N-E" (<----- ?!?!?!?)

We're stuck with:

"I was screaming for Leach to pitch the 9th"
"These last 6 games"
"How are the Reds perceived in Cincinnati"
"Dumba$$ Dusty strikes again"
"Heisey's AB in the 9th symbolic of organizational problem?"
"Lets just lose every (insert profanity) game now."
"Dustys Sunday Special"

I love Reds baseball. It was an integral part of my childhood and it remains that way today--it is truly the Spirit of Youth. I also love other things about my life that are much more important. I learned a long time ago not to let sports spoil my mood too much. No matter what we do it cannot change the outcome of the game and the season. What I can do is make it to as many games as I can. What I am able to control is how loud I cheer for a baseball organization, which, in my opinion, offers the best tradition in baseball. What I can do is watch the next 91 games of the season with awe and optimism.

Because if this year is not the year, that's okay. Opening day is less than a year away and it will always be that way for forever.

Go Reds!

Larkin88
06-25-2012, 11:46 AM
I would have really enjoyed talking about how World Series bound we are after going 2-1 against the Yankees. Or after sweeping the Braves in a 4 game series. Or maybe after we swept the Indians and then went on to go 3-0 against the Mets in New York.

You'd think someone would have something nice to say considering that for the last 40 days the team atop the NL Central has been the Cincinnati Reds, after being 5 behind that spot.

We're stuck with discussions of a 24 year old millionaire hanging out with the wrong girl because he's the only person to do so in the history of mankind.

We're stuck with opinions that a division leading team is somehow, after only 71 games, "D-O-N-E" (<----- ?!?!?!?)

We're stuck with:

"These last 6 games"
"Dustys Sunday Special"

I love Reds baseball. It was an integral part of my childhood and it remains that way today--it is truly the Spirit of Youth. I also love other things about my life that are much more important. I learned a long time ago not to let sports spoil my mood too much. No matter what we do it cannot change the outcome of the game and the season. What I can do is make it to as many games as I can. What I am able to control is how loud I cheer for a baseball organization, which, in my opinion, offers the best tradition in baseball. What I can do is watch the next 91 games of the season with awe and optimism.

Because if this year is not the year, that's okay. Opening day is less than a year away and it will always be that way for forever.

Go Reds!

Well said. :beerme:

Who Dey Time
06-25-2012, 11:48 AM

We're stuck with:

"These last 6 games"
"Dustys Sunday Special"

Go Reds!

:beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme:

Well put. I'll add to this by simply stating that most people here understand what they are dealing with in the likes of will5979 and Maker_84. The shame of it is that, for the most part, SunDeck is full of folks who enjoy the game and team but is being dragged down by posters like them who either (a) are completely oblivious to what they don't know or (b) have an illogical sense of entitlement as a fan.

If a newby were to read some of the stuff posted here you would think that this was the Colorado Rockies forum, not the first place Reds.

Ironman92
06-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Yeah....that 3.7% of the season definitely sucked.

TDogg
06-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Most of the Cards fans I chatted with online prior to the season were super confident about this year. Hell, you are the defending champs. I, along with many forum members here, seemed to think the Cards were staring down the barrel of an injury plagued season. Have you been surprised so far? Either way, I'm not counting you guys out.

Surprised by Lynn's showing. He's the reason we're still over .500. Not surprised by the injuries. If we can stay within 4 games until Carpenter returns, we'll be OK down the stretch. I'm sure that the FO will make a necessary move to shore up the pen just like last year. All in all, I'm cautiously optimistic. I think we've weathered the worst.

MrRedLegger
06-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Just thought everyone should know this as well:

in 2011 The Cardinals lost 7 games in a row. June 10-17
in 2010 The Giants lost 7 games in a row. June 26-July 2
in 2009 The Yankees lost 6 of 7 games. May 2-12
in 2008 The Phillies lost 6 in a row. June 17-24
in 2007 The Red Sox lost 6 of 7 games. May 30-June 6
in 2006 The Cardinals lost 10 of 11 games. June 20-July 1.
Also in 2006 The Cardinals lost 8 games in a row July 27 -Aug 4
Also in 2006 The Cardinals lost 7 games in a row. Sept 20-26

Let's move on.

markymark69
06-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Just thought everyone should know this as well:

in 2011 The Cardinals lost 7 games in a row. June 10-17
in 2010 The Giants lost 7 games in a row. June 26-July 2
in 2009 The Yankees lost 6 of 7 games. May 2-12
in 2008 The Phillies lost 6 in a row. June 17-24
in 2007 The Red Sox lost 6 of 7 games. May 30-June 6
in 2006 The Cardinals lost 10 of 11 games. June 20-July 1.
Also in 2006 The Cardinals lost 8 games in a row July 27 -Aug 4
Also in 2006 The Cardinals lost 7 games in a row. Sept 20-26

Let's move on.

Hey, be careful you're letting facts get in the way of opinions.

brm7675
06-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Hey, be careful you're letting facts get in the way of opinions.

It is more to it then losses in a row. It's an organizational approach to hitting, use of bullpen, bench players and such. Losing is going to happen, but you have to look at why you lost and how your franchise is set up and that is I believe what is bothering people.

Ironman92
06-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Now let's go through all those teams mentioned and how many of those teams were free swingers and how many worked the count?

realistic
06-25-2012, 08:38 PM

We're stuck with:

"These last 6 games"
"Dustys Sunday Special"

Go Reds!

good post.

i think its just a problem in society. with the internet age we have information overload and require overreaction to instigate conversation. its the same on every message board.

if he had posted "meh, we'll get em tomorrow" he'd have got no response. he posts and over the top - sky is falling - doomsday- cry for attention he gets 2 pages.