PDA

View Full Version : Simon closing?

Jr's Boy
06-24-2012, 06:10 PM
17 SV's,37 K's with the O's in 2010,but a 4.93 ERA.

But a 1.91 ERA with the Redlegs.

Just throwing that out there,to know that he has had some success in the A.L. closing.Maybe that would translate a little better with NL hitters.Would not hurt to try IMO.

BluegrassRedleg
06-24-2012, 06:30 PM
17 SV's,37 K's with the O's in 2010,but a 4.93 ERA.

But a 1.91 ERA with the Redlegs.

Just throwing that out there,to know that he has had some success in the A.L. closing.Maybe that would translate a little better with NL hitters.Would not hurt to try IMO.

Good in his current role, but doesn't really strike me as having "closer stuff" or that big out pitch.

Jr's Boy
06-24-2012, 06:47 PM
If Chapman keeps having trouble though,we need someone with experience to at least make an effort.Marshall had some early success,but he is a set up man.Ondrusek could do the job,but would he be successful for an extended time.Hitters have finally caught on to Chapman's heater,and he better learn another pitch beside the slider.That being said,his slider is lethal when he does decide to use it.

strasserki
06-25-2012, 01:20 AM
I agree with saying hitters have definitely caught on to Chapman's heat, which puts us a little in a rut. I don't believe Simon has the potential to be the closer. His ERA is low based on the small amount of times we use him. I personally believe that Marshall still has the best potential to be Cincy's closer.

BluegrassRedleg
06-25-2012, 03:57 AM
It's not that people have caught up with Chapman's heat. It's that they can sit on it because he can't get the other stuff over for strikes. If he throws the nasty slider around the cove he had earlier this year, hitters can't sit on dead red.

BluegrassRedleg
06-25-2012, 03:57 AM
It's not that people have caught up with Chapman's heat. It's that they can sit on it because he can't get the other stuff over for strikes. If he throws the nasty slider around the cove he had earlier this year, hitters can't sit on dead red.

S.Wells
06-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Something is wrong with Chapman, I have been saying it for the last week. His velocity is down and the location isn't as good as it was early in the season. When is the last time he hit 99 or 100 on the gun? Easy for guys to catch up to 96 or 97 especially when they are sitting on it. I think he needs a week or 2 off and maybe they need to look at his shoulder or elbow!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Jdattilo
06-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Hit 102 yesterday and triple digits numerous other times.

S.Wells
06-25-2012, 09:49 AM
Hit 102 yesterday and triple digits numerous other times.

Yes first time in about 2 weeks and his location is not very good right now. Maybe it's nothing but he's just not the dominant guy he was in April and May.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

smixsell
06-25-2012, 08:15 PM
His location has headed WAY south.