PDA

View Full Version : How are the Reds perceived in Cincinnati

chuck6660
06-25-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm curious as to how this current Reds team is treated by the press and fans in Cincinnati? I know from this board that they're some who are frustrated and awaiting a remake of last season; however quite a few of the more "consistant" posters seem quite content, I get a laugh out of comments like "we'll get 'em tomorrow" or "let's take 2 out of three". As for myself, I follow the scores every morning and the Reds set the tone for the rest of my day and lately I've had a pretty crappy attitude :eek:

Are the Reds getting flogged by the local media?

Larkin88
06-25-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm curious as to how this current Reds team is treated by the press and fans in Cincinnati? I know from this board that they're some who are frustrated and awaiting a remake of last season; however quite a few of the more "consistant" posters seem quite content, I get a laugh out of comments like "we'll get 'em tomorrow" or "let's take 2 out of three". As for myself, I follow the scores every morning and the Reds set the tone for the rest of my day and lately I've had a pretty crappy attitude :eek:

Are the Reds getting flogged by the local media?

Most journalists who cover baseall understand that it's a long season and that you shouldn't get too high with the highs or too low with the lows.

But you aren't alone. Here's a whole thread (http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96362) of people complaining about how it's somehow the media's responsibility to take the Reds for task when they hit skids. So if you're of that persuasion as well, feel free to add your thoughts there.