PDA

View Full Version : Cuteo out of ASG ...

brm7675
06-25-2012, 02:59 PM
If the rotation stays as it is then Cuteo would be pitching on the Sunday before the WAY which means he would be ineligible to pitch in the ASG. With that info wonder if Tony would still select him so he can have the honor....

LexRedsFan
06-25-2012, 03:01 PM
It's LaManager. No telling what he will or won't do.

Who Dey Time
06-25-2012, 03:04 PM
He'll still get the selection and someone will take his place. These ASG rosters end up being about 40 players each due to guys not playing, etc.

Stray
06-25-2012, 03:16 PM
I read that LaRussa and Dave Duncan have been working hard on putting the team together. That pretty much rules out Cueto either way.

herbdizzle
06-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Cueto will be named an All-Star. I'm OK with him not pitching in it. I'm more concerned with his staying healthy for the 2nd half as we'll need every inning out of his ace arm.

smixsell
06-25-2012, 08:12 PM
I hope he doesn't pitch in the ASG. It avoids the possiblility of screwing up his rythm with a 1-3 inning "sideshow" appearance. Rather have him on normal rest in a post ASG start.

Ironman92
06-25-2012, 09:12 PM
I hope he doesn't pitch in the ASG. It avoids the possiblility of screwing up his rythm with a 1-3 inning "sideshow" appearance. Rather have him on normal rest in a post ASG start.

If he couldn't handle and recover from pitching 1 or 2 innings in an exhibition....he wouldn't be anyone's ace. If it did mess him up....he's not playoff material then.

EMAW
06-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Considering LaRussa is a total bag and hates the Reds, not expecting any Reds other than Votto to see the field

Ironman92
06-25-2012, 11:20 PM
Considering LaRussa is a total bag and hates the Reds, not expecting any Reds other than Votto to see the field

Yeah....that's my expectation, anything else will be a bonus.

smixsell
07-05-2012, 04:30 PM
If he couldn't handle and recover from pitching 1 or 2 innings in an exhibition....he wouldn't be anyone's ace. If it did mess him up....he's not playoff material then.

Give me a break PLEASE! I never said he couldn't handle it. :(

I said that I would rather that he didn't.

There are few starters in baseball who are not at risk of having a short relief appearance or other significant change in their normal routine disrupt their effectiveness.

I would simply prefer not to take that risk with Cueto.

Ironman92
07-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Give me a break PLEASE! I never said he couldn't handle it. :(

I said that I would rather that he didn't.

There are few starters in baseball who are not at risk of having a short relief appearance or other significant change in their normal routine disrupt their effectiveness.

I would simply prefer not to take that risk with Cueto.

Break given.

I understand what you are saying....but I stick by my thought as well.

Go Reds!

smixsell
07-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Thanks Iron. :)

Nothing wrong with your position, BTW, I just get tired of people arguing with positions I have not taken. It happens a lot in the Sun Deck. :(

I would actually agree with your position if I weren't a bit "TLR-like" <blush> in my management style. I tend to like to work EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING, to maximize my chances of winning. :)

Ironman92
07-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks Iron. :)

Nothing wrong with your position, BTW, I just get tired of people arguing with positions I have not taken. It happens a lot in the Sun Deck. :(

I would actually agree with your position if I weren't a bit "TLR-like" <blush> in my management style. I tend to like to work EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING, to maximize my chances of winning. :)

And I focus on being mentally tough...go kick tail in the ASG and then come back ready to dominate.

smixsell
07-06-2012, 02:56 AM
And I focus on being mentally tough...go kick tail in the ASG and then come back ready to dominate.

I think my way is much more "mentally tough."

I would describe your way as the "macho way" which relies more on testosterone than mental toughness IMO. ;)