PDA

View Full Version : Rotation

cincyredway
06-26-2012, 09:31 PM
I was thinking if the playoffs started today and we went with four starters ,who would they be.
I would go cueto,latos,bailey,and leake but I think baker would put arroyo In there what do u guys think.

RedsFanInBama
06-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Arroyo would definitely be in there if it started today. He probably will anyway. However, I'm glad we have a lot more season left. Hopefully Latos starts to find some consistency.

Maker_84
06-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Cueto, Arroyo, Leake, Bailey. Latos hasn't shown enough or been consistent to get the nod yet

BluegrassRedleg
06-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Cueto, Arroyo... (TBA)

Would be nice if it's Latos. Probably should be Homer. Never know with Leake.

BluegrassRedleg
06-26-2012, 10:19 PM
I still feel really good about getting enough pitching to win this division and give someone a run in the playoffs... But the offense has got to get better to plate runs against an elite pitcher/pitching staff.

Hondo
06-27-2012, 03:41 AM
Cueto, Arroyo, Leake, Bailey. Latos hasn't shown enough or been consistent to get the nod yet

Latos CG, 4 hits, 1 run, 13 K's. I think he's the #2.

HataRade
06-27-2012, 03:51 AM
I was thinking if the playoffs started today and we went with four starters ,who would they be.
I would go cueto,latos,bailey,and leake but I think baker would put arroyo In there what do u guys think.

I'd like the concept of having a fast pitcher, proceed a slower pitcher. I definitely think it mixes things up for the opposing hitters and makes it a tad bit more difficult for the hitter when he's hitting 97 mph from Latos, and has to hit 85 from Leake the next.

I would personally do; Cueto, Arroyo, Latos, Leake, Bailey.

Cueto's first because he's are ace and is probably the most likeliest one to win during a playoff game. Secondly is Arroyo because of his lower velocity and his more frequent use of breaking balls that range in the low to mid 70's. Next Latos to mix it up with hard ball, than Leake to mix it back up to slow stuff and then Bailey again to bring velocity.

If we ever had Chapman in our rotation I'd probably do this;

Chapman, Arroyo, Cueto, Leake, Latos. Bailey would be in the pen.

HataRade
06-27-2012, 03:52 AM

Well we know what he has. He has the stuff of an ace, but like you said that ace stuff isn't always there.

LexRedsFan
06-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Depends on if we have home field. With home field, I'm starting Latos Game 2. If it's on the road, Arroyo in game 2.

Cueto
Arroyo/Latos
Latos/Arroyo
Bailey

P.E.R#14
06-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Depends on if we have home field. With home field, I'm starting Latos Game 2. If it's on the road, Arroyo in game 2.

Cueto
Arroyo/Latos
Latos/Arroyo
Bailey

Like the thinking there with home vs. away.

I don't thinnk Arroyo being in or out of the rotation is a question. At this point dropping the rotation to four is a tough decision and hopefully we can still be mulling it around come September!!

Go Reds!

Kingspoint
06-27-2012, 03:19 PM
If the playoffs started today, it doesn't matter as we might only win one game...Cueto's start.

Ironman92
06-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Game 1 Cueto
Game 2 Latos if Cueto lost....Bronson if they won.
Game 3 Latos if we win game 1
Game 4 Leake if we're up 3-0 and Cueto if any other scenario.

BluegrassRedleg
06-27-2012, 10:49 PM

Cueto
Arroyo/Latos
Latos/Arroyo
Bailey

Good call.

Still feels odd that there's no LH SP. Wonder how many playoff teams did not feature at least one?