PDA

View Full Version : How Many MLB Teams Have You Seen in Person?

jwmann2
06-27-2012, 02:32 AM
After seeing the Minnesota Twins this past weekend when they were in town, I have now seen 21 of the 30 teams in person. Unfortunately, all at Great American Ballpark; I haven't done a great deal of traveling. Hoping to catch the Padres later this month whom I have never seen. Aside from Chuck D, what Reds fans out there can say they have seen all 30 teams in person? Or even better, who has been to all 30 ballparks?

MrRed2127
06-27-2012, 09:27 AM
I've seen 27 of the 30 teams that I know of. I know for sure I haven't seen the Yankees, and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen the Rays and Angels. But I could have up in Cleveland going with my cousin to Indians games.

I've been to 14 of the 30 parks.

Parks/Stadium Attended:
Great American Ball Park
Jacobs/Progressive Field
Fenway
Comerica Park
Rangers Ballpark
Citizens Bank Park
Nationals Park
Turner Field
Minute Maid
PNC
Wrigley
Miller
Petco
Dodger Stadium

Petco and PNC were my favorite.

LexRedsFan
06-27-2012, 09:32 AM
AL East
Yankees
Red Sox (Fenway and GABP)
Orioles
Blue Jays (SkyDome and GABP)

NL East
Braves (Turner and GABP)
Phillies
Mets (Citi)
Marlins
Nationals

NL West
Giants
Dodgers
Rockies
Diamondbacks

NL Central
Reds
Cardinals (Busch and GABP)
Cubs
Pirates
Astros
Brewers

So, 19.

EMAW
06-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Everyone except Miami, does seeing the Florida Marlins count?

Ironman92
06-27-2012, 11:24 AM
I've only been to Reds games and 1 Indians game.

I have not seen: Yanks, Red Sox, Royals, A's, Angels....not sure if I have seen the Phillies.

24 for me

brm7675
06-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Wow..I really have no idea, I know all the parks I have been to since I started going to games in 85, but really not sure what teams I have not seen. If I haven't seen a team my guess is it would be an AL team..but again I may have seen every team that plays today and even 1 that no longer does (Expos) over the past 27 years...

Tony Wonder
06-27-2012, 11:40 AM
To the best of my recollection I've never seen the Dodgers, Devil Rays, Red Sox, Tigers, Angels, or Mariners. I start with that caveat because just a few weeks ago, I'd have sworn I never saw the Rangers, but then I found a ticket stub for a Reds-Rangers game and a photo of some friends and I at the game and, indeed, I'd seen the Rangers. So, as far as I know, I've seen 24 of 30.

I've been to GABP, Jacobs, Old Yankee, SkyDome, Nationals Park, Camden Yards, PNC Park, and Coors. Planning to make it to Wrigley, US Cellular, and Busch next season.

Edit: Nope, I'm wrong. Looked back at my ESPN Passport and the game at SkyDome was against the Devil Rays, and I saw a Reds-Dodgers game when I was 7. Make it 26 of 30.

Spider Tre
06-27-2012, 11:57 AM
only the Cubs. twice at GABP

i need to go to more games lol

redssince75
06-27-2012, 01:44 PM
It's hard to say...I know who I have seen in their parks:

Reds, Astros, White Sox, Nationals, Cardinals, Royals, Diamondbacks, Phillies, Cubs, Yankees, Mets, Orioles. But I don't remember the opps for every game I attended in those places....

BluegrassRedleg
06-27-2012, 01:52 PM
In the last two years of interleague play I have successfully completed a goal of seeing all of the current MLB teams (plus the Expos).

Did it via games in Cincy, Cleveland, Detroit, NYY, Boston, Baltimore and Seattle. Also went to Atlanta, Pittsburgh and Chicago, but those were for Reds games.

smixsell
06-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Parks:

(Many Big Red Machine Spring Training Games 1973-1981 in Little Yankee Stadium in Ft. Lauderdale)

Olympic Stadium 1977 (Montreal Expos v. Big Red Machine)
Veterans Stadium 1977 (Phillies v BRM)
Fenway Park 1977 (Red Sox v Angels)
Wrigley Field (around 1988?)(Pete Rose Managed Reds v Cubbies)
Comisky Park (same year 1988?) (White Sox v Rangers)

Riverfront Stadium 1990 (Playoffs game 1-2 v Pirates and World Series
games1-2 v A's !):beerme:

Joe Robbie Stadium (Marlins v Reds several games between 1993 and 2002)
Joe Robbie Stadium (GAME 7 of the 1997 World Series Marlins v Indians)
Camden Yard 2010 (Orioles v Red Sox)
ATT/PAC BELL/SBC PARK 2008 and 2011 (Reds v. Giants)

Looking forward to attending some games in Cincy in the coming years, AND hopefully some post-season and Post-Dusty games! :beerme:

Gizmo
06-27-2012, 06:01 PM
AL
Yankees
Orioles
Tigers
Twins
Indians
Rangers

I'm sure I've probably seen a few others, it's just been a while since I've been to a non-Reds inclusive game

NL
Pretty sure I've seen them all by this point.

Games outside of Cincinnati:
Yankees (old stadium)
Astros (Dome and Enron)
Tigers (Comerica?)
Cleveland (Jacob's)
Philidelphia (Vet)
Pittsburgh (3-rivers)
Baltimore (Camden, last season vs Reds)
Washington (Nats park, twice this season vs Reds)

BluegrassRedleg
06-27-2012, 06:14 PM
I got to see Cleveland vs. Texas in old Municipal Stadium 1989-ish with an old buddy of mine who had just moved up there. It was a young Greg Swindell pitching against Nolan Ryan. There were about 2,500 people there in an 80,009-seat stadium. Surreal. We sat in the front row just beyond the dugout on the third base line.

A couple of my non-Cincinnati games were memorable for various reasons...

Saw the Yankees play on the night El Duque made his first start. Stadium was crazy that night with all the fans there to see him. We just happened to be in town for a friend's wedding and got great seats for about $25 each in the lower section.

Saw the Orioles and Red Sox in Fenway before the Sox started getting good again. Can't really recall a single guy who played for Boston in that one off the top of my head. Loved getting to see Cal Ripken Jr. play in that stadium.

Saw Texas at Seattle (by pure chance on a business trip) on the night A-Rod returned to Seattle after signing that $250M deal with the Rangers.

jwmann2
06-28-2012, 01:25 AM
Looks like no one has been to the old Tiger Stadium while everyone seems to have been to either Yankee, Wrigley or Fenway. Good talk people.

50YrRedsFan
06-28-2012, 03:14 AM
Stadiums I have been to:
LA Coliseum & Dodger Stadium, Anaheim Stadium (Angels), Qualcomm (Jack Murphy) Stadium & Petco Park (Padres), Bank One Ballpark(Chase Field) (Diamondbacks), Coors Field (Rockies), Candlestick Park & AT&T Park (Giants), Oakland Alameda Coliseum (A's), Royals Stadium (KC), Old Busch & New Busch Stadiums (STL), County Stadium (Milwaukee), Wrigley Field (Chicago), Tiger Stadium (Detroit), Sky Dome(Toronto), Old Yankee Stadium (NY), Fenway Park, Veterans Stadium (Phillies), Camden Yards (Orioles), Three Rivers Stadium & PNC Park (Pittburgh), Riverfront Stadium & GABP, Tropicana Field (Tampa Bay)....
Other teams I've seen: Twins (1965 World Series Game 5), Mets (1988 NLCS), Braves, Rangers, Astros, Mariners, Marlins, Indians
Only teams I haven't seen: Expos (Nationals), White Sox

50YrRedsFan
06-28-2012, 03:14 AM
Stadiums I have been to:
LA Coliseum & Dodger Stadium, Anaheim Stadium (Angels), Qualcomm (Jack Murphy) Stadium & Petco Park (Padres), Bank One Ballpark(Chase Field) (Diamondbacks), Coors Field (Rockies), Candlestick Park & AT&T Park (Giants), Oakland Alameda Coliseum (A's), Royals Stadium (KC), Old Busch & New Busch Stadiums (STL), County Stadium (Milwaukee), Wrigley Field (Chicago), Tiger Stadium (Detroit), Sky Dome(Toronto), Old Yankee Stadium (NY), Fenway Park, Veterans Stadium (Phillies), Camden Yards (Orioles), Three Rivers Stadium & PNC Park (Pittburgh), Riverfront Stadium & GABP, Tropicana Field (Tampa Bay)....
Other teams I've seen: Twins (1965 World Series Game 5), Mets (1988 NLCS), Braves, Rangers, Astros, Mariners, Marlins, Indians
Only teams I haven't seen: Expos (Nationals), White Sox