PDA

View Full Version : Greinke..would he be worth it

brm7675
06-28-2012, 11:46 AM
There is talk that if the Brewers are not in it come trade deadline that Greinke will be traded if he has not agreeded to a contract extension since his ends this year. If you are the Reds and can get an extension worked out pre trade, would you make a deal for him even if it costs us the likes of say maybe Leake and Hamilton?

[deleted]
06-28-2012, 12:28 PM
I came into this thread thinking, "eh..." I don't like rentals much, especially with the amount of talent you'd have to part with to get someone like Greinke.

If, however, there's an extension worked out?

Yes, everyday. Take Leake, take Hamilton. Greinke is the best pitcher in the NL, maybe.

bleedsred
06-28-2012, 12:30 PM
If the Reds could sign him to a 3 year extension (prob can't) then yes I would part with Leake/ Hamilton. With a rotation of Cueto, Grienke, and Latos the Reds would be SICK.

brm7675
06-28-2012, 12:56 PM
I would only do it with an extension in place. I would offer him say 4 years and around 60 million. He would know he wouldn't have the presure of being an ACE, with his personal issues I think he would struggle big time as an ACE in a big market. Put him with Cueto and Latos and you have a young dominate 1-2-3 punch.

R_Webb18
06-28-2012, 01:57 PM
I would only do it with an extension in place. I would offer him say 4 years and around 60 million. He would know he wouldn't have the presure of being an ACE, with his personal issues I think he would struggle big time as an ACE in a big market. Put him with Cueto and Latos and you have a young dominate 1-2-3 punch.

mlb does not have sign/trade like the nba

EMAW
06-28-2012, 02:16 PM
YES

Girevik
06-28-2012, 02:16 PM

The Reds had a deal worked out with Griffey before they traded for him. I think you can under some circumstances get a window to work with.

That said, I don't think the Brewers would like to have him in the division for the next several years if he's not pitching in Mil.

Stray
06-28-2012, 03:02 PM
I think he's going to be a Ranger or Yankee.

Red in Atl
06-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Personally I would not trade Hamilton. He is one of the most exciting young players in years to come out of our organization. Can you imagine having a guy steal 80 bases on this team? Cozart to third and Billy at SS or teach him to play center next year.

I want to see him come up at the end of the summer and we can use his speed to ensure we make the playoff's while he pinch runs. Remember Billy Bates...

I can't see us having the money for Greinke unless we could off load Bronson in the process.

brm7675
06-28-2012, 03:15 PM

They don't, but you can say, hey we need to speak to his agent, they talk they come to an "agreement" which will be signed after the deal is done...

HataRade
06-28-2012, 03:42 PM
There is talk that if the Brewers are not in it come trade deadline that Greinke will be traded if he has not agreeded to a contract extension since his ends this year. If you are the Reds and can get an extension worked out pre trade, would you make a deal for him even if it costs us the likes of say maybe Leake and Hamilton?

The amount of prospects that Milwaukee would probably ask for would be insane. Our minor league system will be nearly 70% depleted.

Plus I doubt Milwaukee would want to trade within the division either.

I see him going to the Rangers, Yankees potentially, Dodgers, etc.