PDA

View Full Version : How would the Sun Deck React?

mrherd05
06-28-2012, 12:12 PM
IF the Reds trade Hamilton, will the Sun Deck go on a group suicide watch?

you know it could happen, i mean think about it.

We are trying to win right now. This year, and next year. Hamilton is at best, MLB ready mid to late next year, IF he ever becomes MLB ready.

When he is ready he will come up and take over whose position? Cozart? Phillips? Probably not.

So, I think some of you who are acting like he is untouchable are not looking at the big picture.

He could bring some big time talent right now. There are not to many small, slap hitting fast shortstops that take teams to the next level.

I would not be suprised to see it happen.

I would like to see it happen.

You all wanting to send Heisey, frazier and Lecure/Bray to teams for their studs are a little out there.

krm1580
06-28-2012, 12:20 PM
Its kind of a silly question. It really depends on who you get for him. If you got Giancarlo Stanton for him, nobody would care. 2 Months of Shane Victorino on the other hand might cause the Redzone server to blow up.

[deleted]
06-28-2012, 12:26 PM
I'd be okay with trading Hamilton if the return was worth it. No rentals. It'd have to be talent under control for a while. I don't think those kind of players move around at the deadline much, though.

Hamilton's been incredibly impressive this year, but I'm still wary of a guy whose main skillset is simply 'speed.' To me, that doesn't translate into enough value to match the insane hype. His on-base numbers are fantastic so far, and if he can carry those over into the Major Leagues he'll be a big success. So, can he?

malcontent
06-28-2012, 12:29 PM
I would hate to see it.

I can't wait to see him start in CF for the Reds.

MrRedLegger
06-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Hamilton is an interesting prospect for the Reds. He will definitely help the team, but the tricky part is determining if the team will benefit more if he plays or if he's traded. Plus I think people are satisfied with the current (rookie) shortstop we have now. I know I am.

Consider who we've locked up long term. Hamilton could be that extra trading chip that gets us the proverbial "one more player" on this roster that turns this team into a dynasty.

Cozart is a free agent in 2018. And for now we have him cheap. Where else could Hamilton be implemented if he wears a Reds uniform?

This is certainly a tough one for Walt and the FO

R_Webb18
06-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Depends

brm7675
06-28-2012, 12:52 PM
It's all about return. There should be NO ONE on the Reds entire roster outside of Cueto/Votto that the Reds would not consider trading if it ment a upgrade big time for the major league roster.

brm7675
06-28-2012, 12:53 PM
I would hate to see it.

I can't wait to see him start in CF for the Reds.

What makes yo think the Reds see him as a CF? I mean if they did, wouldn't they want to get him working out there as soon as possible? I mean why is he still at SS with the Blaze?

MrRedLegger
06-28-2012, 01:04 PM
It's all about return. There should be NO ONE on the Reds entire roster outside of Cueto/Votto that the Reds would not consider trading if it ment a upgrade big time for the major league roster.

Anyone can go but I would absolutely HATE seeing Phillips, Bruce, or Latos leave this team. Even throw Frazier, Cozart, and Chapman in there but I could live with it. I do not remember the last time I was in love with a Reds' squad more than I am with this one. They have an incredible chemistry and this is a very likeable team, nationally. The Reds fanbase is growing because of this team, there's no doubt about that. Look at where we are with the current squad. One or two roster changes could put this team over the top. I'm thinking BRM 2.0 good. No, BRM 2.0 great.

RedsFanInBama
06-28-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm not convinced on Cozart yet. I'm ok with where he is right now, but he's far from locked in as a cornerstone for this franchise moving forward. He just hasn't produced at a level that would warrant making that kind of statement.

He's got potential, but he's almost two full years older than Jay Bruce, so it's not like he's a young rookie. I'm not sure how much better he's going to get.

R_Webb18
06-28-2012, 02:02 PM
I'm not convinced on Cozart yet. I'm ok with where he is right now, but he's far from locked in as a cornerstone for this franchise moving forward. He just hasn't produced at a level that would warrant making that kind of statement.

agree with this but idk if its fair to him to bat leadoff

RedsFanInBama
06-28-2012, 02:03 PM
agree with this but idk if its fair to him to bat leadoff

I don't know either, but at this point it's his job. In reality, maybe he should be batting 7th or 8th.

Girevik
06-28-2012, 02:12 PM
What makes yo think the Reds see him as a CF? I mean if they did, wouldn't they want to get him working out there as soon as possible? I mean why is he still at SS with the Blaze?

I think for sure he's got an OF conversion in his future if he stays with the Reds. I think the only reason he hasn't been moved yet is because he's still a couple of years away and right now if making tremendos strides at the plate. I don't think they want to do anything that might retard his development as a hitter, so they don't want to put switching positions on his mind right now.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him make the switch in spring training next year, or even over winter ball.

herbdizzle
06-28-2012, 03:57 PM
I could see a scenario where Hamilton stays at SS and Cozart moves to 3rd base in the future.

herbdizzle
06-28-2012, 04:06 PM
I could see a scenario where Hamilton stays at SS and Cozart moves to 3rd base in the future.