PDA

View Full Version : Fukodome?

[deleted]
06-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Kosuke Fukodome was released by Chicago. He hasn't done much of anything this year, but he was hurt for a bit. He's a lefty with a career .260/.366/.402 line against RHP and he owns an overall career OBP of .359. Is there room on the roster for him? He's 34 but fits the mold of what we've been looking for, at least as a stop gap until we can make any moves at the deadline.

bleedsred
06-28-2012, 12:26 PM
I say bring him in, put him at AAA. If he gets it together then bring him up after the All-Star break. Say goodbye to Cairo, his bat looks dead...Frazier/ Valdez can handle backing up the IF spots. He could serve as strictly part time platoon guy against tough RHP and a LH bat off the bench. Cairo RH bat is a last resort with what we currently have imho.

brm7675
06-28-2012, 12:28 PM
I say bring him in, put him at AAA. If he gets it together then bring him up after the All-Star break. Say goodbye to Cairo, his bat looks dead...Frazier/ Valdez can handle backing up the IF spots. He could serve as strictly part time platoon guy against tough RHP and a LH bat off the bench. Cairo RH bat is a last resort with what we currently have imho.

Why not see if Gaithright can get the job done. He is tearing it up in AAA right now, is a swtich hitter and can play CF and other OF positions.

IamRV
06-28-2012, 12:36 PM
I'd be OK with signing him and assigning him to Louisville.

Falcon7
06-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Agreed! Really need some lefty hitting bench help. Do you have to pick up too much salary, or the minimum?

BluegrassRedleg
06-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Worth a flyer.

Red Raindog
06-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Agreed! Really need some lefty hitting bench help. Do you have to pick up too much salary, or the minimum?

If he was released I believe it is the minimum prorated for the rest of the season.