PDA

View Full Version : Why is Miguel Cario on this team?

HataRade
06-29-2012, 01:05 AM
Seriously?

55 at bats, .127 batting average, horrible d. Why is he on this team? Can we seriously not find anyone better off the bench??

bleedsred
06-29-2012, 01:34 AM
Almost ANY LH batter should be on the club. Loyalty is a fairytale with the Redsox/ Yanks...Cincy needs to get over LOYALTY

Stray
06-29-2012, 08:49 AM
I would assume because there haven't really been any better options. We've seen Willie Harris, George Costanza, and Kris Negron.

I heard Janish is off of the DL now, so maybe him playing well could get him a spot back up here but I dunno. We've all seen a lot of Janish and I'm not sure he's some huge offensive upgrade. Even though Cairo has been off and on hurt and terrible, he's still a little better hitter than he's shown. Janish would be a gigantic upgrade defensively off of the bench though.

Ironman92
06-29-2012, 10:47 AM
Senior citizen discount?

Who Dey Time
06-29-2012, 10:51 AM
Janish or a trade are the only ways I see Cairo coming off the roster. Who else is there in AA or AAA worth anything?

brm7675
06-29-2012, 10:58 AM
55 AB's.. and you want to judge a role player....really?

DirtyBaker
06-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Miguel Whyro....As in -- why is he on this team?

With the exception of this year, he's done pretty well the coming off the bench filling in when needed. But given Frazier's presence, and Whyro's current performance, I'd rather see another arm, speedster, DH-type, or on base guy on the bench.

Red Raindog
06-29-2012, 11:56 AM
I would assume because there haven't really been any better options. We've seen Willie Harris, George Costanza, and Kris Negron.

I heard Janish is off of the DL now, so maybe him playing well could get him a spot back up here but I dunno. We've all seen a lot of Janish and I'm not sure he's some huge offensive upgrade. Even though Cairo has been off and on hurt and terrible, he's still a little better hitter than he's shown. Janish would be a gigantic upgrade defensively off of the bench though.

+1

FloridaBuckeye
06-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Gotta consider Cairo's role... hes a backup utility guy. Can play anywhere in the infield but he's not going to see time over BP, Rolen or Cozart ... and when any of these three need a day off, then Valdez and Frazier are the first guys off the bench ... I realize his numbers arent there, but gotta consider what he brings to the team as whole ... with a young(er) team, veterans are nice!

bleedsred
06-29-2012, 01:25 PM
I will give Cairo his due, he WAS great in the past with the Reds. But with Frazier/ Valdez and Janish sitting down at AAA he has taken a spot that a LH bat could take. Even bring up D. Navarro (sp?) as a bat on the bench, he has a .848 OPS at Lou or maybe even Gathright (LH) batter.

Moosie52
06-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Lack of imagination?

HataRade
06-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Miguel Whyro....As in -- why is he on this team?

With the exception of this year, he's done pretty well the coming off the bench filling in when needed. But given Frazier's presence, and Whyro's current performance, I'd rather see another arm, speedster, DH-type, or on base guy on the bench.

Lol. Okay, if you like Ciaro so much keep him.

But he's 7-55 batting. He has only 1 hit this month.

2 hits last month for May.

When his batting average goes below .100 I'm sure you'll still want to keep him.

#Pathetic.

AintlifeGrande
06-30-2012, 02:13 PM
Great Utility guy, he is not here for his bat.

Kcbuckeye22
06-30-2012, 05:58 PM
He might be playing 1b for a while now.

Krawhitham
06-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Because players who play 3 positions are rare

DirtyBaker
06-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Lol. Okay, if you like Ciaro so much keep him.

But he's 7-55 batting. He has only 1 hit this month.

2 hits last month for May.

When his batting average goes below .100 I'm sure you'll still want to keep him.

#Pathetic.

I'm agreeing with you. I don't know why he is on this team given fraziers versatility to play corner IF and OF.

#readingcomprehension