PDA

View Full Version : Like I told you before.......

smixsell
06-30-2012, 02:36 AM
Mike Leake is a stud! :beerme:

xsteve1
06-30-2012, 03:11 AM
No argument here. The kid is a competitor, gamer etc. I also think we need to start using him in pitch hitting roles instead of Cairo.

HataRade
06-30-2012, 04:10 AM
No argument here. The kid is a competitor, gamer etc. I also think we need to start using him in pitch hitting roles instead of Cairo.

I think you might be right. It sounds crazy, but he actually would be a better pinch hitter than Ciaro is right now. He's good nice speed, and seems to have a better approach at the plate than half of the team. He's just a gamer plain and simple. He WANTS to get a base hit, he WANTS to get a homerun because he knows that he's a good hitter-he has moxy, confidence. Something that's really nice to see in a pitcher that young.

Also pitching wise he was great. The Giants did get the bat on the ball fairly often (9 hits during the game), but with great d, and some great luck, all the threats were thwarted. He's a great kid.:beerme:

DocRed
06-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Unfortunately he is one of four starting pitchers we have who are human Yo-Yo's, who look great one night and terrible the next. Cueto is our only consistently good SP.

dubc47834
06-30-2012, 10:27 AM
I think you might be right. It sounds crazy, but he actually would be a better pinch hitter than Ciaro is right now. He's good nice speed, and seems to have a better approach at the plate than half of the team. He's just a gamer plain and simple. He WANTS to get a base hit, he WANTS to get a homerun because he knows that he's a good hitter-he has moxy, confidence. Something that's really nice to see in a pitcher that young.

Also pitching wise he was great. The Giants did get the bat on the ball fairly often (9 hits during the game), but with great d, and some great luck, all the threats were thwarted. He's a great kid.:beerme:

I don't know this Ciaro you speak of, but i do know a Cairo

brm7675
06-30-2012, 10:32 AM
Unfortunately he is one of four starting pitchers we have who are human Yo-Yo's, who look great one night and terrible the next. Cueto is our only consistently good SP.

Can you name without looking his last bad start this year?

Hillsdale87
06-30-2012, 10:38 AM

Before last night's game he was 2-0 with a 2.82 ERA in his last 8 starts. It only got better last night. He has been very consistent for the last 6 weeks. Leake started slowly last year as well and wasn't even doing well in Louisville. Maybe he's just a slow starter. If so, that's something he needs to work on, but he's a young guy, so that's understandable

smixsell
06-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Before last night's game he was 2-0 with a 2.82 ERA in his last 8 starts. It only got better last night. He has been very consistent for the last 6 weeks. Leake started slowly last year as well and wasn't even doing well in Louisville. Maybe he's just a slow starter. If so, that's something he needs to work on, but he's a young guy, so that's understandable

Spot on. He had a slow start last year, and then was very good. Same this year. Has had several LENGTHY great spells, but people get ideas in their head and no amount of evidence to the contrary will convince them. :)

shredda2000
07-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Mike Leake is a stud! :beerme:

I agree. Hopefully he and Latos have found their groove and then these guys can go on a ROLL...not you AL-ROLL-DIS :lol:

DocRed
07-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Can you name without looking his last bad start this year?