PDA

View Full Version : All-Star choosers snub Cueto and Phillips...

Kingspoint
07-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Whether it's Lance Lynn or somebody else who doesn't deserve to go over Cueto and Phillips, there's really only one way to deal with this problem.

Win the National League. Then resign Dusty so that he can snub every St. Louis Cardinal from the All-Star game next year. Dusty has the gumption to do something like this. His memory is like an elephant's. He never forgets when one of his guys gets snubbed. This alone is worth resigning Dusty for another year, if he'd take a one-year contract....kind of doubt it, though.

Ironman92
07-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Players didn't choose Phillips either.

Bruce would not have made it.....Cueto is the super snub...

R_Webb18
07-02-2012, 02:01 PM
phillips didn't get snubbed. 5th in ops. yea defense is nice but you can't take everyone + each team needed a player. so jose altuve went. yea defense wise he prob should be on but the ppl voted and they wanted uggla.

Mitri
07-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Funny how most people don't care about these picks until a snub is unleashed. Cueto was probably a clear choice, but hey, it was LaRussa's last chance to be a petty bushleague coach, so let's just grant him this and stop with the complaining. Grienke and James McDonald are just as deserving as Cueto. It happens.

Phillips probably deserves to be there over Altuve, but in reality it is Aaron Hill who should be the reserve.

I find it much more surprising that Bruce gets the nod. Not sure if his first half was all-star caliber, but it's obvious that he's finally becoming a respected player amongst both players and managers. Hopefully he can put together a monster 2nd half and make good with the pick.

redssince75
07-02-2012, 02:16 PM
When I was 8, I was the 2nd-best player on my baseball team. One day, my dad sat me down to explain that life wasn't fair, but that I wasn't chosen to our league's all-star team. The 3 who were chosen were our "star", the assistant coach's son (who may have been arguably as good as me), and the head coach's son (who was a little skinny kid who wasn't any good at all). The head coach's name was Mr. Collins.

"Cool story bro." I guess there are 2 lessons.

1) Life isn't fair, particularly when it comes to picking All-Star teams.

2) Mr. Collins should be vetted to make sure he is a Reds fan, then put in charge of choosing next year's All-Star team.

cw0802
07-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Lynn was voted in by the players. La Russa had nothing to do with it. Look it up. La Russa didn't select any Cardinals and he chose Bruce over Holliday, which is a joke in of itself.

markymark69
07-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I thought it interesting that the two central figures from the Reds in the brawl with the Cardinals two summers ago were not chosen. You can draw your own conclusions - I have drawn mine.

Ironman92
07-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Zach Greinke got LaRussa'd as well. He spoke in a negative manner towards CC last year.