PDA

View Full Version : Todd Frazier!

smixsell
07-03-2012, 01:17 PM
............is an amazingly polished and professional hitter for a rookie and is, I believe, the real deal!!!!!

He is also the answer for the Reds at 3B for many years to come IMO.

Yeah Baby! :beerme:

PLEASE, no more Rolen, except as a backup, if and when healthy.:bang:

bounty37h
07-03-2012, 01:38 PM
I certainly hope so!!!

Trajinous
07-03-2012, 02:57 PM
http://redlegnation.com/2012/07/03/player-a-or-player-b/

Frazier has been great and arguably just as good/better than Harper this year. I think the Reds found the heir to 3B now we just need to help Rolen realize he's a back up/pinch hitter now....

Ohayou
07-03-2012, 03:31 PM
I don't mean to toot my own horn, but...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93764

Jamz
07-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Frazier is a monster. I've heard people talking about his play level being unsustainable, but his peripherals certainly support being able to maintain his current pace. I think by the end of the year he's got to be a candidate for the rookie award.

MBZags
07-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Frazier is a monster. I've heard people talking about his play level being unsustainable, but his peripherals certainly support being able to maintain his current pace. I think by the end of the year he's got to be a candidate for the rookie award.

Which peripherals? His BABIP is .339. He's been undoubtedly good, but his BABIP, combined with his current strikeout rate, suggest some decline as the year goes on.

Trajinous
07-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Frazier didn't have the hype around Harper/Trout so he's not getting the deserving media attention. He's also 26 which isn't old but, compared to Harper/Trout he is. I hope he sustains his production and gets in the the RoY conversation.

The Rage
07-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Frazier's power developed last, but alot of guys are that way.

OGB
07-03-2012, 07:18 PM
It's hilarious to me how prospect evaluation works. We're talking about a guy here who was drafted 4 (or 5, I can't recall) years ago in the second round. Before the season started, plenty of people were calling Frazier a career utility player at best.

Now, a lot of the same people look at the current year's draft picks and are already posting nonsense about, "can you imagine a lineup with so and so in 5 years?"
The guys drafted in the second round this year are the flavor of the month, apparently.

If Rolen gets his starting gig back a third time once he gets healthy, Jocketty should intercede and straighten Dusty out.

smixsell
07-03-2012, 08:21 PM
If Rolen gets his starting gig back a third time once he gets healthy, Jocketty should intercede and straighten Dusty out.

Preferably with the use of excessive force. :)

Kcbuckeye22
07-03-2012, 08:34 PM
He's the best option right now, and he's doing a fine job. Let the kid prove otherwise. His numbers are better than Stubbs, Cozart, Rolen, Ludwick, and seems to be hitting better in the clutch than Bruce. The kid's a gamer let him play.

AintlifeGrande
07-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Kids a ballplayer,more than proved that last night.

miamiredskin
07-03-2012, 09:25 PM
seems to be hitting better in the clutch than Bruce.

Well, if you set the bar low enough...

markymark69
07-05-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm always careful to overhype the younger players, but in Frazier's case I would tend to agree with many of the posts - he seems to be the real deal. Not an All-Star per se, but I think third base is no longer a question mark.

Ironman92
07-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Frazier didn't have the hype around Harper/Trout so he's not getting the deserving media attention. He's also 26 which isn't old but, compared to Harper/Trout he is. I hope he sustains his production and gets in the the RoY conversation.

He deserves nothing near what Trout does. Trout is a 20 year old that is making a huge run at the AL MVP. Frazier does deserve the necessary coverage of a guy competing for the NL ROY.

dubc47834
07-05-2012, 05:21 PM
http://redlegnation.com/2012/07/03/player-a-or-player-b/

Frazier has been great and arguably just as good/better than Harper this year. I think the Reds found the heir to 3B now we just need to help Rolen realize he's a back up/pinch hitter now....

Frazier has been good....but Harper good....come on man!!! Harper has lived up to the hype!

Trajinous
07-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Frazier has been good....but Harper good....come on man!!! Harper has lived up to the hype!

Hype and age is really the only differences from Harper and Frazier at this point. You're falling for the marketing scheme. When it comes to production, Frazier has more RBIs, same HRs and a higher OPS in 60 less ABs. The hype is distorting your view on this topic.

justincredible
07-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Hype and age is really the only differences from Harper and Frazier at this point. You're falling for the marketing scheme. When it comes to production, Frazier has more RBIs, same HRs and a higher OPS in 60 less ABs. The hype is distorting your view on this topic.

:beerme:

R_Webb18
07-05-2012, 09:13 PM

this is why age does matter. he's doing this at 19.

dubc47834
07-06-2012, 12:05 AM

It's not the hype that is distorting my view, it's the eye test. Harper is 19, and yes he does have the hype, but he has handled the pressure of coming in sooo young and and basically being thrown into the #2 hole and play center. Remember this guy came up a catcher. Don't get me wrong, I love Frazier and the way he plays the game, but when both careers are said and done, Harper will probably have the better career by far.

smixsell
07-08-2012, 11:07 AM
......should now be batting cleanup behind Votto IMO. Second best offensive numbers on team. Professional hitter who can even hit "the pitcher's pitche." Extremely tough out.

Make it happen Dusty!

Ironman92
07-08-2012, 11:13 AM
......should now be batting cleanup behind Votto IMO. Second best offensive numbers on team. Professional hitter who can even hit "the pitcher's pitche." Extremely tough out.

Make it happen Dusty!

He doesn't know how to handle Votto being pitched around.

Jamz
07-09-2012, 08:22 AM
He deserves nothing near what Trout does. Trout is a 20 year old that is making a huge run at the AL MVP. Frazier does deserve the necessary coverage of a guy competing for the NL ROY.

I wouldn't call it a huge run at the MVP. Right now Trout is the AL MVP without a doubt and should win it unanimously. If he continues at his current pace he's the best player in the MLB not just the AL.