PDA

View Full Version : "I don't want to go on the DL."

Kingspoint
07-06-2012, 12:31 PM
...said Scott Rolen yesterday.

Well, waah, waah, waah.

Right Rolen. Continue to tie up a roster spot with your useless play and your "veteran leadership" that leads to more losses than it does wins.

Go away already. We suffered enough last season and the first half of this season.

Have some integrity and get out of the game. You've been through for two years.

Your little dead-cat bounce the first half of the 2010 season is long gone.

Take Baker with you if you can.

brm7675
07-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Athletes hardly ever know when it's time...that is why you need a strong GM/Manger...which we don't have...

Who Dey Time
07-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Rolen also said that he plans on being available tonight. Of course, Kingspoint will not give you the full quote because it doesn't help in advancing his hate Rolen cause.

The entire story is on MLB.com for those who want to read the whole thing.

Red Raindog
07-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Rolen also said that he plans on being available tonight. Of course, Kingspoint will not give you the full quote because it doesn't help in advancing his hate Rolen cause.

The entire story is on MLB.com for those who want to read the whole thing.

I agree with you that when someone posts something like the OP did they should include more than a snip that makes their point --

BUT how many think Rolen still deserves a roster spot here?

I think he's become an anchor & not the good kind.

Who Dey Time
07-06-2012, 01:58 PM
I agree with you that when someone posts something like the OP did they should include more than a snip that makes their point --

BUT how many think Rolen still deserves a roster spot here?

I think he's become an anchor & not the good kind.

IMO Rolen should be on the team. I see him as a pinch hitter and defensive replacement type guy that also will get a start or two per week.

Red Raindog
07-06-2012, 02:05 PM
IMO Rolen should be on the team. I see him as a pinch hitter and defensive replacement type guy that also will get a start or two per week.

IMO - with the offensive struggles this team has had -- I don't have a roster spot for him -- but his being in the role you suggest will not likely ruin the Reds' season.