PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrows Lineup

mikemo14
07-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Any guesses on Dusty's lineup tomorrow night vs St. Louis.
Mine is
Cozart
Stubbs
votto
Phillips
Bruce
Ludwick
Rolen
HAnigan
Latos

What I would like to see
Phillips
Heisey
Votto
Ludwick
Bruce
Frazier
Cozart
Hanigan
Latos

Ironman92
07-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Any guesses on Dusty's lineup tomorrow night vs St. Louis.
Mine is
Cozart
Stubbs
votto
Phillips
Bruce
Ludwick
Rolen
HAnigan
Latos

What I would like to see
Phillips
Heisey
Votto
Ludwick
Bruce
Frazier
Cozart
Hanigan
Latos

Seems pretty obvious on your guess.

Ironman92
07-12-2012, 10:59 PM
I agree with your wish lineup....switch Frazier and Luddy if Luddy doesn't matchup well.

R_Webb18
07-12-2012, 11:30 PM
why would it change? its been the same thing for awhile now.

MrRedLegger
07-13-2012, 08:57 AM
If there was a time to change the lineup, now's the time. However, I feel that only a change in personnel (either through trade, FA acquisition, or from minors) would merit a lineup change with this team. Not complaining about it, just my observation.

We're eatin' Cardinal tonight boys and girls.

Kingspoint
07-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Stubbs needs to see the bench permanently for the second half of this season. Ludwick, Heisey and Bruce have all heavily out-performed him this season.

IamRV
07-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Here's what it is - not what I expect it to be.

SS Cozart
CF Stubbs
1B Votto
2B Phillips
RF Bruce
LF Ludwick
3B Frazier
C Hanigan
P Latos
:bang:

IamRV
07-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Seems pretty obvious on your guess.

Frazier is the most obvious choice for cleanup it's laughable.
Here are the stats wRISP

Brandon Phillips
.287 .358 .435 .793

Ryan Ludwick
.200 .310 .383 .693

Todd Frazier
310 .423 .667 1.090

No one can give me any good argument for the other two over Frazier.

Ironman92
07-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Frazier is the most obvious choice for cleanup it's laughable.
Here are the stats wRISP

Brandon Phillips
.287 .358 .435 .793

Ryan Ludwick
.200 .310 .383 .693

Todd Frazier
310 .423 .667 1.090

No one can give me any good argument for the other two over Frazier.

Here's one. Frazier started the season in triple A....he was evaluated during spring training and he wasn't quite good enough to make the team......it's taken until maybe just now for them to succumb and admit he's more worthy at 3rd then Rolen....it could take another month of very good play to get him to that cleanup hole. If Phillips would rather be hitting 4th as opposed to first or second.....he'd be there every day until he or Dusty left the team.

When you're dead wrong you have to slowly work things to where they should be or you may appear extra stupid.

New York Red
07-13-2012, 06:10 PM
Any lineup that doesn't include Frazier at this point is just laughable. Which means Dusty will likely insert Rolen as soon as he's able to swing a bat.

IamRV
07-13-2012, 07:05 PM
Here's one. Frazier started the season in triple A....he was evaluated during spring training and he wasn't quite good enough to make the team......it's taken until maybe just now for them to succumb and admit he's more worthy at 3rd then Rolen....it could take another month of very good play to get him to that cleanup hole. If Phillips would rather be hitting 4th as opposed to first or second.....he'd be there every day until he or Dusty left the team.

When you're dead wrong you have to slowly work things to where they should be or you may appear extra stupid.

So you're saying both Wilson Valdez and Willie Harris both deserved to make the team out of spring training over Frazier. You're saying he's now OK to play third but he's not OK to bat fourth.

Be careful who you call stupid. It could make you appear extra stupid.

Ironman92
07-13-2012, 07:06 PM
So you're saying both Wilson Valdez and Willie Harris both deserved to make the team out of spring training over Frazier. You're saying he's now OK to play third but he's not OK to bat fourth.

Be careful who you call stupid. It could make you appear extra stupid.

Either I'm too much of an idiot to exclaim my thoughts or your comprehension sucks.

Ironman92
07-13-2012, 07:08 PM
Regardless.....the folks who decided to start him in triple A are the idiots of my post intentions....read it that way and see if it makes more/some sense.

IamRV
07-13-2012, 07:09 PM
It would be nearly impossible to create a batting order less likely to score runs. You have the guy with the best slugging percentage following two of the worst OBP guys on the team for the first inning and after that you have a pitcher added to the mix.

Then you have your second best slugger following the other three worst OBP guys in the lineup. You then have your second best OBP guy followed by ...

drumroll please ...

... the pitcher!

Ironman92
07-13-2012, 07:10 PM
It would be nearly impossible to create a batting order less likely to score runs. You have the guy with the best slugging percentage following two of the worst OBP guys on the team for the first inning and after that you have a pitcher added to the mix.

Then you have your second best slugger following the other three worst OBP guys in the lineup. You then have your second best OBP guy followed by ...

drumroll please ...

... the pitcher!

When Leake pitches.....seriously think about the lineup in reverse order and it's a struggle to say which way would be more productive.