PDA

View Full Version : Off MLBTR Today

mivers176
07-20-2012, 11:44 AM
"Meanwhile, the Royals are trying to convince the Indians or Reds to take Jeff Francoeur so they can promote Wil Myers from Triple-A."

Hope this doesnt have much truth behind it- No Thanks, dude is hitting .250 with 8hr, 27rbi & .290 obp- I dont see where another RH bat with these numbers that are similar to multiple players on the roster would help ...

mivers176
07-20-2012, 11:45 AM
the title was supposed to be MLBTR, had a typo- cast on my right hand making it hard to type...

EMAW
07-20-2012, 12:35 PM
I live 120 miles from Kansas City and hear lots of Royals talk, but have never heard this rumor. Francouer (see last year) had good numbers, but has come back to earth this year. RH stick, some pop. Great defensive OF, have no clue where he would play for Reds. Reds already have 4 OF better than Frenchie.

Ironman92
07-20-2012, 03:42 PM
I live 120 miles from Kansas City and hear lots of Royals talk, but have never heard this rumor. Francouer (see last year) had good numbers, but has come back to earth this year. RH stick, some pop. Great defensive OF, have no clue where he would play for Reds. Reds already have 4 OF better than Frenchie.

I don't think any of them are netter in the OF....offensive Bruce is clearly better and maybe Ludwick.

I do not believe we have 4 better than Frenchy.....but no we don't need him.

It's funny some of the players to be asked about/rumored....Ankiel, Francoeur, CarGo, Parra....maybe the top 4 arms in the OF...definitely the top two.

EMAW
07-20-2012, 05:14 PM
Would not trade Bruce, Stubbs, Ludwick or Heisey for 2012 French man

Ironman92
07-20-2012, 05:33 PM
I would trade Stubbs for him instantly.

Trajinous
07-20-2012, 05:52 PM

That's gotta be a joke.....right? .....right? You couldn't be serious.

BluegrassRedleg
07-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Would not trade Bruce, Stubbs, Ludwick or Heisey for 2012 French man

I'll trade Stubbs for a bucket of balls and a fungo bat. In a heartbeat.

Trajinous
07-20-2012, 06:37 PM
I'll trade Stubbs for a bucket of balls and a fungo bat. In a heartbeat.

DUMB.

Stubbs is frustrating for the fact of his potential. He's the new EE, unrealized potential. Even with his stat line right now, Stubbs is a .4+ WAR while Heisey is -.1.

Compare him to Heisey and even with a .50 point difference in avg, Stubbs has better stats in similar ABs. At 27, he's too soon to give up on. Everyone is overreacting on Stubbs.

Tuff Nut
07-20-2012, 06:56 PM
DUMB.

Stubbs is frustrating for the fact of his potential. He's the new EE, unrealized potential. Even with his stat line right now, Stubbs is a .4+ WAR while Heisey is -.1.

Compare him to Heisey and even with a .50 point difference in avg, Stubbs has better stats in similar ABs. At 27, he's too soon to give up on. Everyone is overreacting on Stubbs.
Sorry.but I am done with Stubbs.Too soon? he is 27, been in the league over 3 years, and hasn't hit for squat for 2..He is toast. Yet, Dusty keeps implanting him at the top of the order, in every lineup, and he keeps under-producing. Yet, many of you all still wanna hug his jock...I don't understand it.......SERIOUSLY.

BluegrassRedleg
07-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Stubbs has proven repeatedly who he is. If you don't see it, you're choosing not to look.

You're talking about a guy with 160 BB and 504 K in 1765 PA. (The latter figure may be one of the worst in modern MLB history.)

EE has 589 K in his CAREER. And none of his previous career numbers have anything in common with Drew Stubbs.

The only similarity here is they're both human beings.

DocRed
07-20-2012, 07:29 PM

I would too...he is a better and proven player. The only advantage Stubbs has is his price.

DocRed
07-20-2012, 07:31 PM
DUMB.

LOL, you act like 27 is young in baseball terms. You realize that Franceour is only 28 right?

Tuff Nut
07-20-2012, 10:18 PM
For the Francour of 4-5 years ago....hell yes.......today.....PASS....it is basically a wash, and most RZ think the Reds have to add a player or 3 to any deal, that invovles dropping one of their own.

DocRed
07-20-2012, 11:01 PM
For the Francour of 4-5 years ago....hell yes.......today.....PASS....it is basically a wash, and most RZ think the Reds have to add a player or 3 to any deal, that invovles dropping one of their own.

Jeff Francoeur from last year...

20HR 87RBI .285BA .807OPS 119OPS+