PDA

View Full Version : We won without a homerun!

Mr.Redleg82
07-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Sure it was 2-1, but I'll take the win. How'd it look? I didn't get a chance to watch/listen, but 1st time no homeruns in GABP since late July last year.

Moosie52
07-23-2012, 07:38 AM
Tight game. Cueto was in trouble in the first, mostly due to Cairo not handling a throw to first. Chapman was awesome, as advertised.

Ironman92
07-23-2012, 08:53 AM
Tight game. Cueto was in trouble in the first, mostly due to Cairo not handling a throw to first. Chapman was awesome, as advertised.

Add Bruce to the trouble in the first

KYRedLeg
07-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Add Bruce to the trouble in the first

No need to narrow it down to the first.

arkimadee
07-23-2012, 10:31 AM
This was the formula that we said a week ago it would take to win many games without Votto. Good pitching and defense. We know that we are not going to hit well every game. One thing we do most every game is play better defense than our opponents. No spectacular plays yesterday but we didn't make any mistakes. They made 1 big mistake for a run. Therefore defense was a huge factor in the win. Cuetos good starts are to be expected. If we are 1 run ahead in the ninth I like our chances Alot better than in years past

MrRedLegger
07-23-2012, 10:45 AM
We count on Joey for a lot and we'd be pretty close to .500 without him, but as surprising as this week has been nothing has really changed when it comes to our pitching and defense. It seems even while Votto was playing we were winning games mainly with pitching and defense. Hands down the most impressive part of 2012 thus far. I think we will fare alright until his return and when that happens...just watch out everyone... Go Reds!