PDA

View Full Version : Cordero!!!!!!!

redssince75
07-24-2012, 10:54 PM
Gotta love him.

When he's pitching for the other team, I mean. Man that looked familiar.

mroby85
07-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Gotta love him.

I was going to post this, but figured it would get locked like it did when I posted it about Todd Coffey in the LA series lol.

sdwagers
07-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Gotta love him.

More times than not - Cordero was likely to at least allow a base runner, or two or three... Looked like par for the course tonight...

We called him Cookoo Cordero - because he drove the people in our house cookoo.

Mutaman
07-24-2012, 11:05 PM
During his years with the Reds, KoKo always gave 100%, never missed a turn, never publicly complained about anything, and, from I what i understand, contributed far more to local charity than any other Red.

I don't see how a true Red fan can trash him. I always suspected that the animosity against Cordeo was based on the fact that some folks just hated to see a man with a little color making a lot of money.

redssince75
07-24-2012, 11:08 PM
During his years with the Reds, KoKo always gave 100%, never missed a turn, never publicly complained about anything, and, from I what i understand, contributed far more to local charity than any other Red.

I don't see how a true Red fan can trash him. I always suspected that the animosity against Cordeo was based on the fact that some folks just hated to see a man with a little color making a lot of money.

I bleed Red. And he was about my least favorite Red ever.

sdwagers
07-24-2012, 11:12 PM
I bleed Red. And he was about my least favorite Red ever.

Did you ever see Jerry Reuss pitch for the Reds in the '80's? Cordero did far better for us than Reuss., but I can't say I blame you.

mgbrown66
07-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Good riddance. His blown saves before the all star break last year let all the air out of the sails.

sdwagers
07-24-2012, 11:20 PM

I contend that it due to the fact that he was never the "slam the door " closer. Chapman on the the other hand is much more that style.

OGB
07-24-2012, 11:27 PM

This.
I'm not above cracking a joke about never being so happy to see Cordero enter a Reds game, but I certainly have no ill will for the guy. He was an absolute stand up guy, good member of the community, popular in the clubhouse, and had a lot of success here. He managed to be frustrating as hell to watch sometimes, but he still got the job done. You certainly can't say the same thing about some past closers who were wildly popular at one point (i.e. Dibble, Myers, and Graves)

m21eagle45
07-24-2012, 11:32 PM

I believe Dunn was being paid a lot and Stubbs is being paid a decent amount of money and the Reds fans trash on them all the time. I don't think "a little color" had anything to do with it.

RedsBrick
07-24-2012, 11:37 PM
So, why is his awful pitching a racial issue? Not sure I understand that one.

Jefferson24
07-24-2012, 11:42 PM
I always suspected that the animosity against Cordeo was based on the fact that some folks just hated to see a man with a little color making a lot of money.

You think the people feel the same about Chapman because he has some color?

I think it has more to do with the fact that saves were not clean and simple and always seemed to be dramatic because of his inability to go 1,2,3.

Red is the only color that 99% of us care about.

m21eagle45
07-24-2012, 11:45 PM

I think it has more to do with the fact that saves were not clean and simple and always seemed to be dramatic because of his inability to go 1,2,3.

This

Votto4MVP
07-24-2012, 11:49 PM

At the end of the day all people care about is performance on the field. Im sure most people dont dislike cordero as a person, just a lot hate him for his ups and downs on the field. Thats it.

Nothing to do with race or how much he contributed to local charities. Im sure hes a great guy and gave great effort, but that doesnt mean we cant be happy to see him gone and be happy to be beating the guy.

KYRedLeg
07-24-2012, 11:50 PM
I always suspected that the animosity against Cordeo was based on the fact that some folks just hated to see a man with a little color making a lot of money.

****ing ridiculous. You're the only person to mention "a little color." What a disgusting comment.

EMAW
07-24-2012, 11:50 PM

He was not awesome, but effective with the Reds. I always respected the fact he faced the media when things did not go his way and he is very professional. Trashing the guy makes those doing it look like trash. Enjoy the win and do not gloat about the failure of others!

Todd Gack
07-25-2012, 12:06 AM
The most dominant Reds closer evahhh has 4 BS this year so far.

Coco had 6 last year.

Just saying.

Todd Gack
07-25-2012, 12:09 AM

LOL. True to form. I've been defending him all night and I couldn't even come up with this kind of excuse.

Mutaman
07-25-2012, 12:09 AM
****ing ridiculous. You're the only person to mention "a little color." What a disgusting comment.

With apologies to Shakespeare, the dude doth protest too much, methinks.

KYRedLeg
07-25-2012, 12:10 AM
With apologies to Shakespeare, the dude doth protest too much, methinks.

You're the first person to mention Cordero has "a little color," so I'm the racist.

Gotcha.

m21eagle45
07-25-2012, 12:17 AM

This

R_Webb18
07-25-2012, 12:18 AM
The most dominant Reds closer evahhh has 4 BS this year so far.

Coco had 6 last year.

Just saying.

every closer will blow saves. not every closer has people on base for every attempt