PDA

View Full Version : Big name trade targets

Wonderful Monds
07-26-2012, 01:12 AM
I don't think any of these players will be traded, especially to the Reds, but I still think its interesting to discuss.

Jose Bautista to Reds

Cozart, Heisey, Corcino, Lotzkar, and Rodriguez to Toronto

I'm being optimistic here. Probably would take Cingrani too. No way I trade Hamilton in any circumstance.

Jon Lester to Reds
Corcino, Cingrani, Lotzkar to Boston

Not sure we need another pitcher, but Lester has been a #1 through out his career and Boston needs young pitching sorely. They probably want to dump him after the ridiculous chicken and beer incident.

joshua
07-26-2012, 01:45 AM
To be honest, I would pass on both if those deals. Keeping good, young pitching flowing through the farm system is an absolute must if we want to compete long term. We may part with one of Corcino/Lotzkar/Cingrani for a deal, but there are fingers I'd rather cut off than give up even two, let alone all three for Lester.

The Rage
07-26-2012, 01:54 AM
Lotzkar really isn't that good though and has a bad bad injury history. I could see the Reds offer Ludwick,Cingrani,Cozart and Lotzkar for Jose. Bring Gregorius up for defense and move Phillips to the leadoff spot:
1.Phillips
2.Stubbs
3.Votto
4.Jose
5.Bruce
6.Rolen/Frazier
7.Hanigan/Mes
8.Gregorius

Sick potential in that lineup.

joshua
07-26-2012, 02:21 AM
Per ORG: someone tweeted to Lance McAlister that on LA radio they said the Reds were the primary bidder against the Dodgers for an All-Star player from the AL East. They didnt specify whether it's a 2012 All-Star, or a past All-Star...as if there aren't enough rumors to try and decipher right now...

The Rage
07-26-2012, 02:38 AM
Per ORG: someone tweeted to Lance McAlister that on LA radio they said the Reds were the primary bidder against the Dodgers for an All-Star player from the AL East. They didnt specify whether it's a 2012 All-Star, or a past All-Star...as if there aren't enough rumors to try and decipher right now...

Got to be Jose. I would offer Cozart,Ludwick,Cingrani,Corcino and Bailey/Leake. Bring up Redmond to fill in the 5th starter role and Gregorius as the defensive minded SS batting 8th.

If they want Leake instead of Bailey, I would probably still do it.

Wonderful Monds
07-26-2012, 02:40 AM
Got to be Jose. I would offer Cozart,Ludwick,Cingrani,Corcino and Bailey/Leake. Bring up Redmond to fill in the 5th starter role and Gregorius as the defensive minded SS batting 8th.

If they want Leake instead of Bailey, I would probably still do it.

Homer Bailey is the 2nd best pitcher on this team, one of the top in the league. Your issue with him is very bizarre.

R_Webb18
07-26-2012, 02:44 AM
there is no way they want ludwick unless its to even out salery for reds part

The Rage
07-26-2012, 02:45 AM
Homer Bailey is the 2nd best pitcher on this team, one of the top in the league. Your issue with him is very bizarre.

I have no issue with Bailey. He has had a decent year. But hardly in the company of the best. I just threw out his name because that is likely who the Jays would ask for with Leake also very likely. They would probably prefer Latos over both. But the Reds won't trade their crown jewel.

Wonderful Monds
07-26-2012, 02:46 AM
there is no way they want ludwick unless its to even out salery for reds part

I would pretty much tend to agree, he's a pending FA, not much value there. I'd rather send Heisey, who they'd probably value seeing as he's controllable and a good fit for the RH pull happy hitters haven Rogers Centre.

Wonderful Monds
07-26-2012, 02:48 AM
I have no issue with Bailey. He has had a decent year. But hardly in the company of the best. I just threw out his name because that is likely who the Jays would ask for with Leake also very likely. They would probably prefer Latos over both. But the Reds won't trade their crown jewel.

Sure. But at this point I'd value Bailey the same as Latos, to be quite honest. Give them Leake if they want him. Aside from that, there's no way I trade a starter.

R_Webb18
07-26-2012, 02:48 AM
I would pretty much tend to agree, he's a pending FA, not much value there. I'd rather send Heisey, who they'd probably value seeing as he's controllable and a good fit for the RH pull happy hitters haven Rogers Centre.

yea b/c for example if were gonna pretend this rumor is true that means the team is gonna rebuild.

Wonderful Monds
07-26-2012, 03:05 AM
To be honest, I would pass on both if those deals. Keeping good, young pitching flowing through the farm system is an absolute must if we want to compete long term. We may part with one of Corcino/Lotzkar/Cingrani for a deal, but there are fingers I'd rather cut off than give up even two, let alone all three for Lester.

The only one that really twists my arm is Corcino. Realistically, Cingrani is a bullpen arm to me. Lotzkar is a mess of injuries. Corcino might be great someday. Lester already is. Plus, he's only get better moving to the NL Central from the AL East.

panzecaz03
07-26-2012, 04:38 AM

According to MLB Trade rumers, the Reds were scouting the Red Sox extensively.

The Rage
07-26-2012, 04:51 AM
According to MLB Trade rumers, the Reds were scouting the Red Sox extensively.

Carl Crawford or Ellsbury, that said, the Red Sox are still hanging on with the 2nd wild card.

Ironman92
07-26-2012, 08:15 AM
Ellsbury would be great...could have been had in 2010 for a smaller price...last year he was everything anyone could ever want.

Jamz
07-26-2012, 08:22 AM
Ellsbury would be amazing to get. Too bad there's next to no chance it happens. There's no reason for the Sox to give him up.

Span and Pierre are still the most likely targets. Would love to get Choo, but again, far fetched. I just hope we're not disappointed at the deadline despite the success of this team lately.

Girevik
07-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Carl Crawford or Ellsbury, that said, the Red Sox are still hanging on with the 2nd wild card.

But don't they have some OF coming off the DL? They might be thinking they can move an OF and not significantly hurt thier chances.

'69
07-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Wow, it's refreshing to see John Lester's name mentioned...if he can be fixed (which he can, his issue is confidence) he'd be a great acquisition. Ellisbury & Lester, I'd give up Leake, Stubbs, and an B+ prospect.

Right or wrong, to me, an all right-handed rotation just doesn't sit right, just like not having a switch-hitter.

drowg14
07-26-2012, 11:59 AM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/07/rangers-dodgers-pursuing-james-shields.html

If the dodgers are pursuing Shields, maybe he is the AL east all star that we are also pursuing

miamiredskin
07-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Gotta give Rage credit...he has been good for 2 laughs already in this thread.

I think he has much more entertainment value than Maker. Hope he is under Sundeck control for a few years. Would be a shame if the ORG snapped him up.

Ironman92
07-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Wow, it's refreshing to see John Lester's name mentioned...if he can be fixed (which he can, his issue is confidence) he'd be a great acquisition. Ellisbury & Lester, I'd give up Leake, Stubbs, and an B+ prospect.

Right or wrong, to me, an all right-handed rotation just doesn't sit right, just like not having a switch-hitter.

A 4th or 5th starter, a .665 OPS and a B+ prospect for a top of the line young CF that can do it all and a very good #2 ish pitcher with postseason moxy?

That surely wouldn't be the most the Sox could get for those two....they might not take that for either one of them.