PDA

View Full Version : Votto starting baseball activities. Too soon?

P.E.R#14
07-30-2012, 04:57 PM
According to Jim Day via Twitter; "Joey Votto is in BP uniform and is starting baseball activities as we speak #reds"

This is 13 days after surgery. Too soon? I would hate a reaggrivation.

Jefferson24
07-30-2012, 05:00 PM
According to Jim Day via Twitter; "Joey Votto is in BP uniform and is starting baseball activities as we speak #reds"

I had a acl reconstruction and was mowing the yard 2 weeks later with a push mower, the kind without an engine.

I wore a brace that limited the knee's movement, it hurt but I couldn't really do it any damage. Wonder if Votto has a brace of some type?

LexRedsFan
07-30-2012, 05:21 PM
"Baseball activities" in a BP uniform might not be overly strenuous in my limited opinion. He's in peak physical shape in his physical prime. I've been under the impression all along this wasn't a TERRIBLE injury of its kind.

MrRedLegger
07-30-2012, 05:26 PM
He's wearing #4 today? ;)

Baseball activities could mean anything. In the batting cage, throwing a ball, etc.

malcontent
07-30-2012, 05:37 PM

Sounds too soon to me.

Helms1
07-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Not too soon. Actually cautious.

Tuff Nut
07-30-2012, 08:30 PM
As long as the Reds stay hot, I don't wanna see Joey V until atleast August 20. I want him healthy. No need to rush into this.
I don't mind the activities,,,,just don't wanna rush him into the lineup.