PDA

View Full Version : Forgot too Mention Who I Talked To

Ironman92
07-31-2012, 10:35 PM
....as you know I went to yesterday's streak-breaker. As we are leaving we are getting ready to go down the exit stairs of the sun deck. As we are on the top ready to go down my wife says...."isn't that Rick Sutcliffe?"....interested I looked and was looking for the 6'8 former Cy Young winner....what I did see was former Reds farmhand possible HOF Trevor Hoffman. He was with a group enclosed like the do the Reds pregame. We went over and said a few words and he autographed and picture posed for my brother-in-law.

Weird that no one recognized him until we went by. Thinking back I wish we would've had my brother-in-law (he had no idea who he was) as Mr. Sutcliffe for his autograph.

I'm proud my wife knows of Rick Sutcliffe....but I won't let the funny mistake go.

goreds2
07-31-2012, 10:45 PM
Cool deal - Glad he was nice.

The_Mudshark
07-31-2012, 11:12 PM
While we're on the subject, I'll do you one lesser...

We walked through the Monday Night Raw (if they still call it that...) crowd on our way into the stadium. Probably a snaked 1.5 mile long line of people stretching from US Bank Arena to GABP was waiting to be let in to the event.

We finally got through the crowds and my buddy starts tapping all of us and pointing back to an old man standing with what appeared to be his grand kids. The old man was Charlie Coles.

UK-Miami Postgame: Charlie Coles - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnilJdwyPRs)

The_Mudshark
07-31-2012, 11:33 PM
It's probably also important to note that Coles was in line for the WWE event and not the Red's game.

Ironman92
07-31-2012, 11:51 PM
It's probably also important to note that Coles was in line for the WWE event and not the Red's game.

Good recognition....geez

That was a ridiculous line of mostly ridiculous people.

The Reds had won 10 in a row and 4 million people there to watch made up stuff.

The_Mudshark
08-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Good recognition....geez

That was a ridiculous line of mostly ridiculous people.

The Reds had won 10 in a row and 4 million people there to watch made up stuff.

We seriously regretted walking that route until we saw Coles at the end of the line. I don't understand why fake wrestling is so famous...

I'm so out of the loop that I didn't even know it was going on - I don't think I have seen anything on WWE/F in over 10 years.

I do remember really having a thing for Debra McMichael when I was in Junior High.

http://www.lethalwow.com/bios/debraimage.jpg

:luvu: