PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Baseball

BLark = HOF
08-03-2012, 02:31 PM
I may be saying this wrong, but about a month ago I read in a forum about a site where you build your own organization and have like your own season. I was wondering if anybody knew what I was talking about.

Bob Sheed
08-03-2012, 02:34 PM
csfbl is a free one. Just use your pop-up blocker.

Mr.Redleg82
08-03-2012, 02:34 PM
It's called MLB the show for PS3

BLark = HOF
08-03-2012, 02:37 PM
It's called MLB the show for PS3

Lol, good one.

smixsell
08-03-2012, 04:06 PM
You can do something like this with simleague baseball or baseball dynasty at whatifsports.com.

There are free mini seasons and full seasons for about $10 bucks. If you win the WS you get prize points which can be used for stuff like Amazon.com gift cards. The points from winning a league are worth about $20 I believe.

I play simleague and love it And 3 of my last 5 teams have won the WS.

Cha ching! $$$$$$$$$$ :o)

drowg14
08-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Isn't OOTP good as well?

joshua
08-03-2012, 08:45 PM
www.pennantchase.com

joshua
08-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Isn't OOTP good as well?

OOTP is the best game I've ever played. I strongly encourage every fan to buy it. So many options.

BLark = HOF
08-03-2012, 09:53 PM
What's OOTP??

drowg14
08-03-2012, 11:47 PM
What's OOTP??

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/out-of-the-park-baseball/index.php

joshua
08-04-2012, 01:15 AM
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/out-of-the-park-baseball/index.php

This game is so damn addictive. You just ruined his next few weeks.

I played through the 1990 season , Sabo went out with an injury in June, still managed to make it do the World Series and the A’s happened to make it also...lost four games to two.

I also the rewrote history: W ent back to 1999, didn't’t acquire KGJ, increased the payroll by 12.5 million a year (what we would have paid Griffey), beat the Padres in the 2005 NLCS only to lose in the seventh game of the World Series to the I beat the Yankees in 07 though.

I also started a season as the 1920 Reds. First year was rough, but as I went on I said screw it and gave in to the temptation to draft and trade for every young future hall of gamer I could acquire. Won every World Series from 1941-1948 before I just started another franchise.

Also, a bizarre side effect of OOTP is getting so sucked into the game you keep forgetting players traded in the game weren't traded in real life. "Why is MLB Network talking as if Daniel Murphy is still playing for the Mets? The Red Sox traded for him weeks ago!" Or looking at the schedule before the session streets and thinking "That interleague series against the Mariners should be easy since they traded Felix to the Cubs and started rebuilding."

I'm ashamed to admit this happened at least five times.

smixsell
08-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun, but it also sounds pretty easy to win once you get the hang of it, which is the problem with most computer games. In SimLeague baseball your competing against other baseball nuts, not against some AI. It aint easy, as you will find out f you play.

HalMorrisRules
08-04-2012, 03:47 PM
You can do something like this with simleague baseball or baseball dynasty at whatifsports.com.

There are free mini seasons and full seasons for about $10 bucks. If you win the WS you get prize points which can be used for stuff like Amazon.com gift cards. The points from winning a league are worth about $20 I believe.

I play simleague and love it And 3 of my last 5 teams have won the WS.

Cha ching! $$$$$$$$$$ :o)

Yes but did your last team win the the Tournament of Champions like mine did? :) That set me up with free teams for a while to come.

smixsell
08-07-2012, 01:30 AM
Yes but did your last team win the the Tournament of Champions like mine did? :) That set me up with free teams for a while to come.

Nope. My 80 million cap teams got beat by 90 million cap teams. My next project is a TOC win. :-) I didn't know that the TOC salary cap was 90 million. :-(

joshua
08-07-2012, 01:53 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun, but it also sounds pretty easy to win once you get the hang of it, which is the problem with most computer games. In SimLeague baseball your competing against other baseball nuts, not against some AI. It aint easy, as you will find out f you play.

Its pretty hard unless you're the Yankees or using your Back to the Futureish sports knowledge to game historic seasons. You can also set a salary cap, or play in completely fictional leagues. It's as hard or as easy as you want to make it...but there are also online leagues if that's more your style. It's flexible enough where I'm having a hard time thinking of something you can't...for instance, I'm 50/50 on whether there's an All-Time Fantasy draft mode where you can select any player from history. I believe I played ina league that did that, but switched everyone's names so you couldn't tell who was who unless you looked at their career stats, but I fouls be mistaken...honestly, if you're a baseball fan its worth at least checking out the demo and fooling with it for a few days. Its a very very deep game even without using mods.

smixsell
08-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Its pretty hard unless you're the Yankees or using your Back to the Futureish sports knowledge to game historic seasons. You can also set a salary cap, or play in completely fictional leagues. It's as hard or as easy as you want to make it...but there are also online leagues if that's more your style. It's flexible enough where I'm having a hard time thinking of something you can't...for instance, I'm 50/50 on whether there's an All-Time Fantasy draft mode where you can select any player from history. I believe I played ina league that did that, but switched everyone's names so you couldn't tell who was who unless you looked at their career stats, but I fouls be mistaken...honestly, if you're a baseball fan its worth at least checking out the demo and fooling with it for a few days. Its a very very deep game even without using mods.

Thanks for the info, I will check it out. :)