PDA

View Full Version : A Cincinnati Red is going to pitch a no-hitter / perfect game this season

Joesh
08-05-2012, 02:07 AM
We are running hotter than fire. Book it.

Mr.Redleg82
08-05-2012, 02:26 AM

You jinxed it the second you hit the post button

Joesh
08-05-2012, 02:31 AM
You jinxed it the second you hit the post button

Typed book it before hitting post button obviously and thus it is already booked and is immune to jinxing.

Mr.Redleg82
08-05-2012, 02:32 AM
Typed book it before hitting post button obviously and thus it is already booked and is immune to jinxing.

I like your optimism, hope you're right. We certainly have the arms to do it

MrRedLegger
08-05-2012, 03:11 AM
Bronson got close and considering the shutouts, complete games, and few-hitters our pitchers have been throwing its a serious possibility that it happens this season.

EMAW
08-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Reds would be a good candidate, super good defenders with range and a couple of streaky pitchers. Latos is my bet, some night he will have 12 k's and a undermanned team (Astros?) will be the victim

smixsell
08-06-2012, 04:13 PM
While I wouldn't quite "book it," I can definitely see it happening. In fact, I thought the same thing a few days ago myself, I think when Latos pitched last. :)

Ironman92
08-06-2012, 04:30 PM
No hitters/perfect games are available now more than ever. There are some cruddy teams with only a decent player or two.....

You gotta catch a team that swings away and rarely works the count because the Reds pitchers aren't greatly efficient. Latos, Cueto and Bailey have the best stuff for one.....but IMO a young team (young players are often only good with fastballs) that just faced Latos or Homer and then faced Arroyo or Leake would be the most susceptible IMO.

P.E.R#14
08-06-2012, 04:47 PM
No hitters/perfect games are available now more than ever. There are some cruddy teams with only a decent player or two.....

You gotta catch a team that swings away and rarely works the count because the Reds pitchers aren't greatly efficient. Latos, Cueto and Bailey have the best stuff for one.....but IMO a young team (young players are often only good with fastballs) that just faced Latos or Homer and then faced Arroyo or Leake would be the most susceptible IMO.

Arroyo and Leake has been the closest of late.

Sir Luke
08-07-2012, 03:38 PM

False

jback76
08-07-2012, 05:26 PM
My guess is no one throws a no hitter. But if some does I think Latos has the best shot. It seems like Cueto gives up 7 or 8 hits every start so I don't see him doing it. Two weeks ago I might have said Bailey but not anymore.

The Rage
08-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Neither Cueto or Bailey have the stuff for no-hitters. Latos is the only one.

Mr.Redleg82
08-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Double post

Mr.Redleg82
08-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Neither Cueto or Bailey have the stuff for no-hitters. Latos is the only one.

Saying that about Bailey, understandable. Cueto on the other hand I disagree. One of the N.L. leaders in E.R.A. last few years, only has seven less strikeouts than Latos this year and Cueto issues less free passes. They both do have about the same WHIP, but unless Latos cuts down on the walks, wild pitches, and pitch count he has a less chance of throwing a no-no/perfect game than Cueto.

The Rage
08-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Saying that about Bailey, understandable. Cueto on the other hand I disagree. One of the N.L. leaders in E.R.A. last few years, only has seven less strikeouts than Latos this year and Cueto issues less free passes. They both do have about the same WHIP, but unless Latos cuts down on the walks, wild pitches, and pitch count he has a less chance of throwing a no-no/perfect game than Cueto.

Cueto has no better stuff than Bailey, maybe in the end, he has less impressive breaking stuff. The only difference is Cueto has masterful mechanics while Bailey doesn't......yet. Mechanics are everything.

Neither have the type of fastball to throw a no hitter.

Mr.Redleg82
08-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Cueto has no better stuff than Bailey, maybe in the end, he has less impressive breaking stuff. The only difference is Cueto has masterful mechanics while Bailey doesn't......yet. Mechanics are everything.

Neither have the type of fastball to throw a no hitter.

We are going to have to agree to disagree

knuckleballah22
08-08-2012, 11:50 AM
I think Latos would get the no hitter before Bailey and Cueto

BungleBengals
08-09-2012, 10:22 AM
I agree that Latos will probably throw it. Every game, I watch for a Reds pitcher to throw one, and Latos seems the most consistent when it comes to not allowing a hit in the first coupe of innings (no stat on that, just an observation).

Latos has the pitches, not to mention the big frame which I think makes him look more imposing on hitters. I doubt it happens this year, but I will be hoping for it. I have never seen a Reds pitcher throw a no-no and I wasn't even alive for Tom Browning's perfect game. I guess the closest I have ever come was Travis Wood's almost perfect game in 2010 against the Phillies.

craftylefty
08-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Not trying to be negative but it is probably more likely we get no hit or perfect game i mean fiers had one in the 7th inning on us the closest a reds pitcher has got this year was bronson and he almost lost the game

Moosie52
08-09-2012, 10:36 AM
I remember Travis Wood almost throwing a no hitter, so it's not always about the fastball.

Kcbuckeye22
08-10-2012, 08:28 AM

Now we suck AGAIN!

Latos can do it.

jback76
08-10-2012, 08:38 AM
The way this team is hitting it may be our only shot at a victory. Then again we probably wouldn't score either.

Kingspoint
08-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Todd Frazier will hit for the cycle.

Joesh
08-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Now we suck AGAIN!

Latos can do it.

Oh no we suck againnnnnnnnnn

Maybe it'll take a no-hitter to get this team fired up.

Larkin88
08-10-2012, 02:22 PM
I remember Travis Wood almost throwing a no hitter, so it's not always about the fastball.

Ditto Bronson this season. In fact, I'd say it's even more applicable with ol' goldilocks.

Mr.Redleg82
08-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Bronson has a better chance of getting a record deal than pitching a no-no/perfect game. Book it!

Tuff Nut
08-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Mike Leake....first pitcher in history to hit for the cycle and throw a perfect game, in the same game. Hey, if your gonna dream.....dream big. :beerme:

The Rage
09-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Latos will still end up with more no hitters than Bailey by the end of their careers. Talk about the perfect storm: pitching in Pittsburgh, against a team with nothing to play for. In Reds lore, impressive. In baseball general, one of the weakest ever.

Brisco
09-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Latos will still end up with more no hitters than Bailey by the end of their careers. Talk about the perfect storm: pitching in Pittsburgh, against a team with nothing to play for. In Reds lore, impressive. In baseball general, one of the weakest ever.

Talk about preemptive defense!

Rage... It's just 3 little words... Say it with me now...

I..... WAS..... WRONG

dubc47834
09-28-2012, 09:54 PM

This is idiotic!!!! Weakest ever....what a joke. So all the team no hitter are stronger than this...haha....all game he had the guessing. Dude get over urself. Reach down, grab ur manhood....and say it...u were wrong about Homer Bailey!!! Sorry in advance to the mods if this is offensive....im not trying to be.

bigredmechanism
09-28-2012, 09:59 PM

lol

dubc47834
09-28-2012, 09:59 PM

What r the lotto numbers next week man.....great call my man!!!

justincredible
09-28-2012, 10:00 PM

L.O.L. :laugh:

Redsgirl
I disagree with it being a weak no-hitter. Pittsburgh has one of the best hitters in baseball with McCutchen and he's always going to want hits to improve his already impressive batting average. He has a better chance of winning the batting title since Cabrera withdrew too!

Also, his walk was the only reason it wasn't a perfect game. :)

justincredible
Also, his walk was the only reason it wasn't a perfect game. :)

Don't forget about Rolen's error.

MrRedLegger
09-28-2012, 10:01 PM

Did Homer pick on you in Little Leage or did you strike out every time against him?!??

Not even a congratulations?

HOMER BAILEY IS THE MAN!!!

Edit: It was a 1-0 no hitter. Not only was the no-hitter on the line, so was the game. That attitude is "one of the weakest ever".

Redsgirl
09-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Don't forget about Rolen's error.

Good point..I forgot about that! :eek:

The Rage
09-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Good point..I forgot about that! :eek:

Made passing Cutch pretty smart.

Joesh
09-28-2012, 10:20 PM
What r the lotto numbers next week man.....great call my man!!!

:)

What a game! If that doesn't give you a good feeling about the playoffs I don't know what will.

BluegrassRedleg
09-28-2012, 10:24 PM

:beerme:

dubc47834
09-28-2012, 10:25 PM
:)

What a game! If that doesn't give you a good feeling about the playoffs I don't know what will.

I was stoked before tonite....now im giddy!!!

Maker_84
09-28-2012, 10:41 PM

cmon man im critical of this team at times but he just threw a no hitter!

Mr.Redleg82
09-28-2012, 10:43 PM

Touchè past self, touché

cooperlamar
09-28-2012, 11:11 PM

The Reds throw a no-hitter tonight and this is your response? You must live a miserable life.

goreds2
09-28-2012, 11:41 PM
I texted a few Non Reds fans friends (say that fast) tonight before the ninth inning. They all loved watching it. He is scheduled to pitch Wednesday, correct?

The Rage
09-29-2012, 12:02 AM
I texted a few Non Reds fans friends (say that fast) tonight before the ninth inning. They all loved watching it. He is scheduled to pitch Wednesday, correct?

Supposedly. He needs to stay sharp if they need him a week later(hopefully not).