PDA

View Full Version : Where will the Reds be in the standings on Sept 5th?

Ironman92
08-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Meh...why not.

Starting pitching has shown some tiring signs....but schedule not too tough...let's predict.

Sept 5th

Reds +3.5
Cardinals -3.5
Pirates -6.5
Brewers -10
Cubs -21.5
Astros -34

Nats -1.5
Braves -3.5
Dodgers -6
Giants -6.5
DBacks -8

Angels +1
Rangers -1
Yankees -2

Redlegs Homer
08-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Still with the best record in baseball, probably 7 or 8 games up in the division.

Red Buckeye
08-05-2012, 09:23 PM
First Place and not looking back! But Ironman I think you are crazy to think the Cards will jump the Bucs. The Cardinals are injured and the Pirates are for real.
Ironman, why do you think the Cardinals will jump the Pirates? Just a hunch or something else? I generally find your discussions to be well thought out and am interested to know why.

Because I would think without Berkman for a while this would be a tough task. I also don't see the Reds letting the Cards gain THAT much ground, however, I never thought the Reds would do what they have done without MVP, so of course anything is possible.

Ironman92
08-05-2012, 10:04 PM
First Place and not looking back! But Ironman I think you are crazy to think the Cards will jump the Bucs. The Cardinals are injured and the Pirates are for real.
Ironman, why do you think the Cardinals will jump the Pirates? Just a hunch or something else? I generally find your discussions to be well thought out and am interested to know why.

Because I would think without Berkman for a while this would be a tough task. I also don't see the Reds letting the Cards gain THAT much ground, however, I never thought the Reds would do what they have done without MVP, so of course anything is possible.

Arrgh! You called out my reverse jinx! I believe this Reds team is playing with the fortune of last year's Cardinals. I will continue to believe the Cardinals will make the playoffs until they are mathematically eliminated....I don't believe they are better or deserving, but this is how I roll. I much rather be wrong than right.

But since you called my bluff it won't work now.

panzecaz03
08-05-2012, 11:04 PM
I don't really care about this, but how to the Brewers go from 17 back to 10 back in the month, can't see it happening, everything else good tho!

Ironman92
08-05-2012, 11:44 PM
I don't really care about this, but how to the Brewers go from 17 back to 10 back in the month, can't see it happening, everything else good tho!

By winning a lot I guess.....I wish you guys would figure out how I reverse crap. Lol

jback76
08-06-2012, 08:52 AM
I think they'll be about where they are now somewhere between 3-6 games up on the Pirates. Even with Votto coming back they won't keep up the pace they've been on. But I'd say a month from now they'll be about 27 or 28 games over .500.

chuck6660
08-07-2012, 01:17 AM
This is my analytical take on ther remainer of the Reds schedule.

Currently they are 66-43 after losing two straight, primarily due to starters giving up big innings to the opponent, this has been a recurring theme the last 10 games. I analysis this as a sign of fatigue with the starting rotation the end result may be one or more staters on the DL by end of season. By the last two weeks of the season the back of the roattion will collapse (much like last 2 games).

I believe Votto will come back in the next two weeks and be back to normal by Sept.; my concern is that BP's calf injury continues to be an issue through the end of the season.
Logan Ondrusek will come in amd cost the Reds two more games this season, but Ludwick and Stubbs will continue on their current upward trends

End result Reds go 29-24 over the last 53 games, finish with 95-67 record and win the division over the last weekend of the season

BluegrassRedleg
08-07-2012, 02:39 AM
Please don't let this come down to the last week of the season. Please. My nerves can't handle it. :p

jback76
08-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Please don't let this come down to the last week of the season. Please. My nerves can't handle it. :p

Yeah, can you imagine it coming down to the last weekend. Get beat out for Divsion title, making it as a wild card and then the stress of having a one game playoff.

P.E.R#14
08-07-2012, 08:57 AM
From now through 9/5:

STL - 16-12
PIT - 16-11
CIN - 18-9

Gain 2 games on PIT and 2 1/2 on STL.

Go Reds!

MrRedLegger
08-07-2012, 08:58 AM
I see the Reds in 1st place on September 5th.

Votto's return will compliment a surging offense nicely.

BP will remain healthy.

The pitching will not fatigue.

The team will not collapse.

We will lose some games until then because going 22-5 twice is unlikely.

Everything is going to be okay.

mroby85
08-07-2012, 12:24 PM
What a lot of people aren't taking into account when they're saying the Reds wont maintain this pace is neither will the Pirates or Cardinals. They've both been playing very good baseball recently too, and the Reds had a run that is historically good, the last Reds team to do it was 1890. Its unlikely the Pirates or Cardinals will have a run like that in them, because it's unlikely any team has that kind of run. I think they stay in first, and win the division.

Maker_84
08-07-2012, 12:59 PM
All i know is that Cueto needs one of his dominant starts tonight because the starting pitching has become sour outside of Latos and we need 6-7 good innings of 2 run baseball or less out of him

Kingspoint
08-07-2012, 03:34 PM
The REDS simply can't keep up the pace they've been on.

The gap should close but not completely.

I feel the REDS will have a 5-game lead going into September and still be on track for home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Ironman92
08-08-2012, 05:53 PM

It's baseball....it'll play out

Tuff Nut
08-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Right now, I'll reserve judgement, but I feel the Reds have their work cut out for them. This is not going to be as smooth sailing, as most of you proclaim. This lineup shouldn't and most likely doesn't scare any one.

HometownHero
08-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Don't know about September 5th but I was hoping we had already clinched by the final 6 on the road vs Pittsburgh and the Cards but after potentially giving up 3 games in the standings over 4 days that doesn't look so sure right now.

Hope we start to help ourselves again along with some help from others handing out shocking losses like we got this week to the Brewers because I want no part of fighting for a playoff birth on the road because those parks will be packed and loud.

webbbj
08-09-2012, 09:03 AM
it would be nice to take 3/4 vs chicago then get votto back and have the season play out towards normal expectations of .550-600 baseball. We still have the softest schedule in baseball so with Votto we should be fine. The guys helping him replace his roduction have kinda worn down w/o his production as of late.

Ironman92
08-26-2012, 04:16 PM
My Angels prediction is very bad.....

HometownHero
08-26-2012, 04:52 PM
My Angels prediction is very bad.....

Its mind blowing how bad their pitching has been. Hard see Haren, Wilson and Santana all having career worst seasons as starters all at the same time and then getting Greinke only to see him post a 5.22 ERA the first month with the team.

Ironman92
09-07-2012, 11:41 AM
After Sept 5th

Nats +2
Reds
Braves -5
Giants -5.5
Cards -8.5
Pitt -10
Dbacks -15
Brewers -15

Rangers -.5